Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines24 February 2018
We handle calls from the US, Customer service from different telcommunication company. Helping them with their bill inquiry.We also handled Technical problems with their phone lines
Ability to increase your typing skills, a decent enviroment and plenty of encouragement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB13 February 2018
No room for a salary increase, no way to climb the corporate ladder as it were, plenty of rewards for doing well at your job however such as a "Free Hot Drink Day" or a raffle.
Pros
Rewards, Auctions, Raffles, flexible hours
Cons
No way to advance your position, no raises or bonuses
Great Training
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 February 2018
I really appreciated the fact that Sykes gave us a proper 6 weeks of training before they out us out on the floor. Once it was time to hit the floor we got to shadow call with experienced representatives.
call centre
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 February 2018
answered phones to help people with their phones and any questions they had about there bill or phone. also called people about upgrades or overages on their bill.
Inbound Call Centre
Customer Service Representative & HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 February 2018
Everyone works hard to perform for the client. Good training is provided with floor support. Ongoing pay raises and benefits. A good steady job, days and afternoon shifts.
Terrible work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 February 2018
As an RN, this was the worst job I've ever had. First of all, you have to rush the caller who is already afraid and not feeling well, all because you have to keep your calls under a certain time frame. You must follow a script and you cannot deviate from their pathway. In other words, you are not encouraged or allowed to use your nursing judgement.
They hire a group of people at one time, train them the way they want, and weed out the rest. Their feedback is punitive and I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work there.
Pros
decent RN wage and benefits
Cons
There are too many to list, but parking was very expensive
Worked for Rogers through Sykes
Rogers Cable Tech (Former Employee) –  Home Based26 January 2018
Working from home with Sykes was a new experience for me, and I enjoyed it for the most part, the pay was great, and honestly good management....BUT they're way to naggy If you are 1 minute over your 10 min break, they nag, the TL's are nice but management is quick to give you "write ups" then constantly warn about termination..

If you dont say your scripts verbatim they nag... everything is a problem for them...

If you are sick and cant work, they still expect you to work..

Stress like that is not for employees, unless you want to be a slave...

honestly just hire robots to work for you...
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
If you work for them you'll rip your hair out
Work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Sykes was a good company to work for, except for having to do overnight shift (11pm - 7am).

This company provided emergency roadside assistance for all of Canada, and Canadian members travelling in the U.S.

I learned a lot about the geography of Canada and really enjoyed helping the members get assistance as quickly as possible.

There is no "hard" part to this job as full training is provided and team leaders to help you manage each call.
Pros
working from home
Cons
overnight hours
very nice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 January 2018
very fun and enjoyable workplace
employees are easy to get along with aswell as management and supervision
lots of support
allows you to interact with all kinds of people while completing work
hardest part of the job would be getting through the training
The workplace housed many great individuals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 December 2017
The workplace housed many great individuals, who were passionate about their work. The general attitude was cheerful, and many other incentives were provided.
I would do it again
Representative Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Middleton, NS21 December 2017
Hi stress job.. did it for 3 years... Have to meet metrics. Have to follow script... very difficult when dealing with real human beings with cell phone problems. I enjoyed dealing with people. The management was great..

Good experience in general, would do it again.. But then again
Decent workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC16 December 2017
Stable job but may be stressful at times. Management is good at keeping up moral. Good people that are dedicated to their job and it is a friendly environment.
Pros
Get your own working space
Cons
May be stressful
Fun working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torbay, NL15 December 2017
Challenging position,but a fun place to work with lots of awesome co-workers. Very supportive company. Always learning new things and room to move up within the company.
Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Sykes, I would work double shifts with no issues. I was coached, was asked to move to another account with encouragement to apply for supervisor. this account failed and moved to another, I was promoted to supervisor on this account within 3 months. I had training and worked with ABAY. Sykes was a great place to work. I had worked at Sykes for approx. 18 months before being promoted.
Pros
great coaches
Good company to work for
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work from Home12 December 2017
Sykes is a great place to work for but they should up the hourly wage, and training should be a little longer. Also more flexible shifts for those that cannot work evenings.
Working from home for Sykes is not a good idea.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
You have to buy all your own equipment, except for one cheap computer that they mail you. You must dedicate a whole room in your house to working for Sykes which wouldn't be that bad except there are no hours, they will give you about 10hrs per week, if you want more hours you must be willing to do "jump ons" which are unscheduled shifts with no notice, you must watch your emails for these jump on requests, then by the time you get all logged on and ready you will find that the shift has already been taken by someone faster!
Pros
work from home
Cons
no hours
Telecommunication
Bilingual Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC17 November 2017
Une boite convenable pour ce qui veulent travailler de la maison.
It was a blast working here your coworkers are great the management is fantastic id reccomend anyone to work here
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB25 October 2017
Great environment great people would work there again anytime they always make a person feel positive in the work environment highly recommended that you work for this company
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Tedious shifts
Shut down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB13 October 2017
It was shut down in Riverview mall . Not the worst place to work, and had a cute little store beside it too for food etc and the fox too. I liked it better than my current though
Pros
Great people there
Cons
Unsanitary
Csr
Telecommunications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 October 2017
My typical day was to do better than yesterday. I learned many things about the product and about upselling. Management was awesome. I enjoyed that it was diverse in culture. Hardest part was when I left the job because I really enjoyed being there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K