Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

very nice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 January 2018
very fun and enjoyable workplace
employees are easy to get along with aswell as management and supervision
lots of support
allows you to interact with all kinds of people while completing work
hardest part of the job would be getting through the training
The workplace housed many great individuals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 December 2017
The workplace housed many great individuals, who were passionate about their work. The general attitude was cheerful, and many other incentives were provided.
I would do it again
Representative Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Middleton, NS21 December 2017
Hi stress job.. did it for 3 years... Have to meet metrics. Have to follow script... very difficult when dealing with real human beings with cell phone problems. I enjoyed dealing with people. The management was great..

Good experience in general, would do it again.. But then again
Decent workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC16 December 2017
Stable job but may be stressful at times. Management is good at keeping up moral. Good people that are dedicated to their job and it is a friendly environment.
Pros
Get your own working space
Cons
May be stressful
Fun working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torbay, NL15 December 2017
Challenging position,but a fun place to work with lots of awesome co-workers. Very supportive company. Always learning new things and room to move up within the company.
Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Sykes, I would work double shifts with no issues. I was coached, was asked to move to another account with encouragement to apply for supervisor. this account failed and moved to another, I was promoted to supervisor on this account within 3 months. I had training and worked with ABAY. Sykes was a great place to work. I had worked at Sykes for approx. 18 months before being promoted.
Pros
great coaches
Good company to work for
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work from Home12 December 2017
Sykes is a great place to work for but they should up the hourly wage, and training should be a little longer. Also more flexible shifts for those that cannot work evenings.
Working from home for Sykes is not a good idea.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
You have to buy all your own equipment, except for one cheap computer that they mail you. You must dedicate a whole room in your house to working for Sykes which wouldn't be that bad except there are no hours, they will give you about 10hrs per week, if you want more hours you must be willing to do "jump ons" which are unscheduled shifts with no notice, you must watch your emails for these jump on requests, then by the time you get all logged on and ready you will find that the shift has already been taken by someone faster!
Pros
work from home
Cons
no hours
Telecommunication
Bilingual Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC17 November 2017
Une boite convenable pour ce qui veulent travailler de la maison.
It was a blast working here your coworkers are great the management is fantastic id reccomend anyone to work here
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB25 October 2017
Great environment great people would work there again anytime they always make a person feel positive in the work environment highly recommended that you work for this company
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Tedious shifts
Shut down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB13 October 2017
It was shut down in Riverview mall . Not the worst place to work, and had a cute little store beside it too for food etc and the fox too. I liked it better than my current though
Pros
Great people there
Cons
Unsanitary
Csr
Telecommunications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 October 2017
My typical day was to do better than yesterday. I learned many things about the product and about upselling. Management was awesome. I enjoyed that it was diverse in culture. Hardest part was when I left the job because I really enjoyed being there.
Very busy
Full-time employment (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 October 2017
Job required spending the majority of the work day on the phone to customers, answering queries and assisting with issues relating to their telephone service and system
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pressure to perform to target
Pleasing people, weather they deserve it or not.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC5 October 2017
Client services at their most intense. When it's not really about the clients on the phone, it's about the clients who are paying the bill. A balancing act that just needs to get done.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
terrible work life balance
Prouductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
Busy, fast- paced environment
I learned a lot about the cell phone industry and policies
the workplace culture was very inclusive and appropriate amongst the staff
Pros
breaks
Cons
friendships
Sykes
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
The people who worked here were great, go to be first line for Rogers in customer service. The training was a great experience and the people who work there are great.
Pros
free lunches some days
Cons
long hours, poor management
Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB28 September 2017
Only had really one issue and it was feeling as though your job is always under a microscope and possibly may be gone the next day But i enjoyed the people very much
Telehealth is cool, but not worth the pay wage.
Health Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 September 2017
The stress outweighs the salary. I find myself experiencing panic attacks because of the high call volumes, the very loud environment and callers who are very rude. The monetary compensation falls very short for the amount of work that is expected. Management proves to be a cut throat environment, unable to trust the TL's and the Senior TL's.
Pros
Telehealth and Legal Services are interesting
Cons
too much stress, very high call volume
Complex and unreliable systems, very poor pay.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Home/field based15 September 2017
Pros:
Decent (minimum wage) training.

Cons:
Very stressful. "Skills" acquired are mostly non-transferable, as they pertain only to the idiosyncratic (and quite unreliable) systems used by the Sykes client. Complex systems to memorize, very poor pay. No benefits for 6 months. As mentioned in other reviews here, you are pressured to get the customer off the line in as little time as possible. I hated this job.
Ok Customer Service Job, just not for me
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Conn, ON12 September 2017
I worked for Sykes before going on maternity leave, the job was ok, but somewhat stressful if calls dropped. I spent a lot of time with technical support on problems that, I believe, were not due to me, my equipment, or my internet connection. Other than that, job was pretty straight forward. Pay was ok, slightly higher than regular minimum wage(minimum wage for at home workers). The main reason I left is, when I was coming off of maternity leave, I had little to no communication as to what was happening when I returned to work. I tried to contact them three months before I was due back and could get no information. I was told that my hours were not necessarily going to be the same and I had no information about that until less than a week before I was due back. Very disorganized and stressful.
Pros
Work from home, no commute, maximum 12 hrs shift window
Cons
Stressful environment, Working with irate, sometimes inappropriate customers, disorganized human resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K