Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Review

View all Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated reviews

Unique nursing style
Tele-Health RN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2012
A typical day included making and receiving 30-60 calls per 8/10hr shift. Lots of overtime due to low staffing levels. Leadership skills are a must as I am normally a resource nurse and preceptor while doing my tele-triaging shifts. I have staff coming and asking clinical questions, policy questions, IT questions. I make sure the centre runs when the management is either too busy or not present on site. I think the redundancy is the hardest part of the job but with the other roles this balances out nicely. I love teaching and being in charge and helping all the staff from education to manager to floor nurses and seeing a progression in the right direction.
Pros
good schedule flexibility, professional environment, supportive team members, assisting patients with making health care decisions and promoting empowerment and autonomy.
Cons
long shifts, redundant type calls, work alone at night with no security

Other Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PH21 May 2018
It was fun when I worked there though I only worked for 6 months just because of the management at that time. If the management was good enough to treat their employees fairly I would have stayed there for a long time. But again this is just based on my experience, it is still based on how you deal with your own issues in the company
Telemarketing, Sales, Customer Service, Technical Support Job - Work From Home
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
This company is excessively unprofessional and at times unethical.

Your conscious will continually be stretched to the limit, especially when they ask you to mistreat senior citizens.

A very hard company to work for.

Management has no prior business experience and they handle issues on a crisis only basis.

I do not recommend this employer unless you have no other options.
Pros
work from home
Cons
all else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K