Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Review

View all Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated reviews

Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Sykes, I would work double shifts with no issues. I was coached, was asked to move to another account with encouragement to apply for supervisor. this account failed and moved to another, I was promoted to supervisor on this account within 3 months. I had training and worked with ABAY. Sykes was a great place to work. I had worked at Sykes for approx. 18 months before being promoted.
Pros
great coaches

Other Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Telecommuting in an interesting way.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON17 January 2019
This was the LLC for a telecommuting infrastructure as a form of call center. Sykes provided a boot CD that turned your computer into a LINUX based Remote Terminal for their call center. However the call you needed to take still came in on a land line you were REQUIRED to have. This line was to be dedicated for their use. A number of issues would arise from this setup. If at any point your internet went out or if there was and internal error, you were effectively cut off from your tools, but still kept getting calls on your phone line. Management was communicated with via a chat client on the Boot CD. If there was ever an issue with your CD and you couldn't get back into the system then you were cut off completely. Any time you needed help you had to go through a convoluted internal messaging system that barely worked at the best of times. Ultimately, even though the job was advertised as a customer service, non-sales, position; it very quickly became a sales-first-customer-service-sometimes job. An interesting experience to say the least.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home, upfront costs, hardware costs (headset phone), Technical issues a plenty, Stressful work
Great work environment
INBOUND AGENT (SUPERVISOR POSITION) (Current Employee) –  Sechelt, BC11 January 2019
Sykes is a good company to work for. Great management team as they respond promptly to any issues you have. Very comfortable to work from home. Provides benefits and employee assistant program.Pay is at min wage but you do save a lot as you don't have to commute.
Pros
Benefits, Great management team, Comfort of working from home
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K