Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Pay & Benefits reviews

work from home technical support position
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
work from home technical support position
management is full of apathy
managers will not support employees
terrible pay, minimum wage and they pay down to the second
no support from management
supply all your own materials
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything else aside from work from home is terrible at this company
Not a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2018
I have worked here for a year and I do not like this job one bit. The only thing that makes it bare able is the fact that I work from home. You have difficult callers, and are forced to stick to a script and not able to use your nursing knowledge. The breaks are way too short for a 10 hour shift. It is an exhausting job! Call after call and no positive reinforcement from my manager. I don’t have anything positive to say about this job. The turnover is very high. 3 classes started after ours and more than half of them left. I would leave if I could find something else.
Pros
Work from home, decent benefits
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, isolating, too many more to name
Sykes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 March 2018
It was a wonderful place to work when ICT ran it. When Sykes took over we lost our 20 cent raise every 1000 hours, there is no incentive to work there. I met some wonderful friends while working there and have had some wonderful experiences with customers both on the phone and through chat.
Inbound Call Centre
Customer Service Representative & HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 February 2018
Everyone works hard to perform for the client. Good training is provided with floor support. Ongoing pay raises and benefits. A good steady job, days and afternoon shifts.
Terrible work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 February 2018
As an RN, this was the worst job I've ever had. First of all, you have to rush the caller who is already afraid and not feeling well, all because you have to keep your calls under a certain time frame. You must follow a script and you cannot deviate from their pathway. In other words, you are not encouraged or allowed to use your nursing judgement.
They hire a group of people at one time, train them the way they want, and weed out the rest. Their feedback is punitive and I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work there.
Pros
decent RN wage and benefits
Cons
There are too many to list, but parking was very expensive
Good company to work for
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work from Home12 December 2017
Sykes is a great place to work for but they should up the hourly wage, and training should be a little longer. Also more flexible shifts for those that cannot work evenings.
Telehealth is cool, but not worth the pay wage.
Health Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 September 2017
The stress outweighs the salary. I find myself experiencing panic attacks because of the high call volumes, the very loud environment and callers who are very rude. The monetary compensation falls very short for the amount of work that is expected. Management proves to be a cut throat environment, unable to trust the TL's and the Senior TL's.
Pros
Telehealth and Legal Services are interesting
Cons
too much stress, very high call volume
Complex and unreliable systems, very poor pay.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Home/field based15 September 2017
Pros:
Decent (minimum wage) training.

Cons:
Very stressful. "Skills" acquired are mostly non-transferable, as they pertain only to the idiosyncratic (and quite unreliable) systems used by the Sykes client. Complex systems to memorize, very poor pay. No benefits for 6 months. As mentioned in other reviews here, you are pressured to get the customer off the line in as little time as possible. I hated this job.
Great Workplace
CSR Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 September 2017
The company was great to work for. They had training that was appropriate and paid. There was benefits available if you completed the required time. I personally didn't fit in with this job because it required a noise free environment and i recently had a baby.
Pros
work from home
Cons
need noise free environment
call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 August 2017
you listen to people complain about there bills and services.
place ordered of new services and devices. People are amazing. Compensation not worth the stress. TMs are pretty cool. company closing in Peterborough

Want to know more about Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated?

Ask a question
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CSP3 August 2017
Good benefits and schedule. Shifts went longer than would have liked. Good training and leadership. Great to work at home. I enjoyed that very much. This is why I stayed
Too few hours
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 July 2017
Working at Sykes is great if you don't depend on it to pay hours as the work drops drastically during summer.
management isn't too bad.
environment is slightly difficult by being near parking garage and under movie theater.
Pros
It's work
Cons
Lack of hours.
Industrial environment with minimal pay and friendly staff
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC3 July 2017
Go in to call floor, clean your station, log in to phone and network computer and start taking calls. Management is on site to help you whenever you need it. The culture focuses on benefits and event.
good people, no advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 May 2017
It's a good work environment but there is not much room for advancement or pay increase which makes it less of a career choice for me. I enjoyed my time but ultimately left to go back to school.
Pros
Great people, made lots of friends.
Cons
Very demanding mentally for very little pay.
productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS28 March 2017
Days can be long as you spend the majority of your days sitting down. You have the potential to earn a good amount of extra money is bonuses based off sales.
Call Centre Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2017
It pays alright for being a call centre. It was paying me $13.75 plus monthly bonuses. What made it better was I was living across the street. Now the business is closed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Call Centre
Great People, Job requires great enthusiasm and patience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB19 January 2017
Handle inbound calls, aiding customers with their troubles.
able to converse when busy time slow down, but can be stressful when things get busy. Must have patience for those challenging calls. Always read what the clients provide Sykes.
Pros
good benefits and people
Cons
Requires a lot of patience
Excellent company to work for/with.
Bilingual Legal Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2016
Great experience working for the company since my start. Relevant benefits and great culture.
Routine yet interesting work load
Learned the many facets of legal world through customer service and data entry
Management is highly educated and motivational
Challenges are rewarding in learning and applying various insurance policies and legal applications.
Enjoy the assistance provided to customers in their needs.
Pros
Flexible shift work, good camaraderie with employees
Cons
Routine tasks and duties
Not a Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
Depending on the department you work in the environment is different. I was lucky enough to work on a Monday - Friday contract for an automotive company. The people are amazing, management is mediocre depending on who you are. Lots of favoritism in the department I worked in with respect to the Senior Manager. Benefits are good, pay not so much.
benefits
Cons
Hourly Pay
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 October 2016
This was one of my favourite places to work. Lots of people here were interesting, and fun to hang out with. Even work hours were entertaining as between calls someone was always willing to chat or play some cards.
Pros
Full time, benefits
Cons
Lay offs, sending home early

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K