Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews for Technical Support

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 5,320 reviews
Horrible
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2018
It was a work at home position, so the environment is comfy i guess. My manager was understanding and quite good at her job, however the work was terrible, the pay was dismal, training was awful and patchy, missing key details. and overall it was an unpleasant experience.
The champions of lies and deceptive tactics
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  canada11 August 2017
This company has been given contracts by Rogers to handle their customers' technical issue. This is what they do:

1- in one hand they preach respect in anther hand they harass you in the chatroom to finish the call in 5 to 10 mn. they don't care if you fix the customer's issue they care about getting rid of them as soon as possible, they can show those stats to rogers and get rewarded with more contract hours. basically this info is provided to us in the training.

2- in one hand they preach respect in another hand they put people in the training who are very good in disrespect. They have indecent communication skills, offensive language and last not least lacking technical and personal skills, if you ask question he answers you angrily. Many of us reported the issues we had with that so called trainer and asked to change class, they ignore you.

3- we started over 20 persons and many left in the middle of the training because of the dictators they put to train people. what matters to them how much money they get from Rogers. they don't care about their employees, nor they care about Rogers' customers, they care about how much they fill the company's pocket.

4- They make you load your tools prior to the start of the shift and too bad you won't get paid for 20 mn you spend loading the work tools every day, and when their system is down you will spend about an hour trying to load the tools.

5- they make you believe their work from home option will allow you to balance life/work. wrong, you end up worst balance life/work because they set your schedule and keep changing
  more... it every single day and you have to check your schedule every night.

6- they present they have happy employees while you find out many employees take sick leave. why they got sick the way they have treated as second class humans.

The list goes on.....

Advises to CEO: stop telling lies to people, be honest at least people know what to expect.
Pros
make you believe balance/life
Cons
list is too long to list in this small field
sykes technical support wizards
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  cornerbrook12 July 2017
It was a very straightforward job, get into work and sit in your chair providing customer service for people with technical problems with their internet , tv and phone for bell alliant. I learned a lot of programs to help assist the customers with their services, also how to clm people down when their service isnt working and try to get them an appointment with a tech asap if required or help them solve the problem step by step. The people who worked for the company were quite friendly as well as the managers in charge. I didn't find the job too difficult, the software that the techs were using wasn't the greatest and was a little frustrating at times. The best part of the job is obviously the paycheck, and I have always worked hard for my money.
Decent Employer
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Home12 October 2016
A very legitimate employer, which treats their employees quite fair, they offer great support, coaching, feedback and the TL's all do their best to make sure that you perform well in order to keep your job. Free but mediocre benefits(can't complain). The payrate however.. is just barely acceptable.
Pros
Work from home, good support from TL's
Cons
meager pay rate
worst company to work for
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2016
this company is such a sham I am surprised they still operate in Canada. the pay is $.05 above min. wage, hours are inconsistent, they say they pay for tech issues but then refuse to for legitimate issues with THEIR equipment. the upper echelon of management are oblivious to what is going on with the lower management or the reps under them. overall I would say DO NOT work for this company.
Pros
Cons
the whole job is a con
Working at home is not fun.
Bilingual Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 December 2015
By far one of the worst employers I have worked for. Communication is practically non existent, and their concept of customer service was atrocious. Supervisors have no accountability, they may ask you to do something immoral or unethical and when the customer complains they throw you under the bus. A former colleague was fired for his mental disability and is in the process of suing.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Inconsistent shifts, no guarantee of hours.
Day on job
tier 1 tech support (Former Employee) –  in my home.13 July 2015
, log in the call center, take calls about cell phones, tablet issues and email issue, help customer resolve all issue, trans call to another department if need, search data base for tech solution.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enought support
Great peops, poor revenue
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2015
I work in BC and Sykes pays minimum + $1.25 in my case because i am bilingual. Of course the reason i am working for this company is that the convenience of not travelling to work and lesser expense of working from home factors in quite a bit. The down side is that at $11,50/hr i am always looking for other opportunities, (which kind of sucks 'cause this way, no ties possible with the people there). So all in all it's okay, i recently got promoted to an even more 'techy' department but without any pay raise, so i guess a good temporary project.
Worked here for over a year and it was terrible!
Rogers Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Canada19 March 2015
Here are a few reasons to stay away from Sykes: The pay is garbage. There are no bonuses (I was a top agent and the biggest bonus I was offered was a 10$ Tim Horton's card). I was offered a Supervisor job for a .25 cent an hour raise! My hours would change with no notice. I now work for a different work from home company called Concentrix. My hourly pay is much higher and my bonuses as a top agent are huge. Don't waste your times with Sykes, they do not recognize their top employees and there is no chance for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Garbage pay, no bonuses, no advancement, hours change with no notice
lacked a sense of customer orientation
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL8 March 2015
The call centre work life was not suited to me. My experience in Customer service work prioritized customer satisfaction whereas this business prioritized call turnover rates instead of customer satisfaction and problem resolution. It was not a good fit for my personality. As each employee succeeded in their goals, they were squeezed to accomplish more until it was next to impossible to accomplish what the employer was seeking and still accomplish the intended goals with the restrictions put in place.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No respect or privacy
Sykes
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 July 2014
I love being able to help customer and that's my job as being a Tech Support Rep.

Due to not being bilingual, I often find myself being forced to go home due to the bilingual queue not being busy.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Not being bilingual
catching up with friends at breaks
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL5 April 2013
Answering calls from customers some may be mad some happy
always had people to talk to and people to help you.
managers were understanding and helpful.
hardest part of the job was dealing with hi rate & mad customers.
most enjoyable part of a job was resolving customers issue.
Pros
long lunches