Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

very nice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 January 2018
very fun and enjoyable workplace
employees are easy to get along with aswell as management and supervision
lots of support
allows you to interact with all kinds of people while completing work
hardest part of the job would be getting through the training
Great place, but some goals are unrealistic.
sales (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB/ Moncton, NB8 March 2017
Going into work, you take 10 minutes everyday of your own time to sign into your computer and all of your programs. The job itself was great, however the goals that needed to be reached were very unattainable. If you didn't perform on the phone to their specifications they will let you go (fire you). I loved the atmosphere, the co-workers were fantastic as well. They offered very good food at the cafeteria, a free gym, and pool tables and computers for break time.

Overall it was on okay employment, I left because when going to college they were not willing to work with me a better schedule.
Pros
Pool tables, good wages
Cons
unattainable stats to meet.
Call Centre Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2017
It pays alright for being a call centre. It was paying me $13.75 plus monthly bonuses. What made it better was I was living across the street. Now the business is closed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Call Centre
always sitting
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS20 March 2016
would be on the phones taking care of customers problems. coworkers help with problems and learned how to handle customer problem
Pros
Cons
seem like long work days
Great job good people to work work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS15 January 2016
Worked at Sykes for 5 years till closing. Everyone i worked with was friendly and polite. Did a lot of sales and customer service
Pros
Working with polite employees
Cons
Late hours but didn't mind it.
Working multiple systems, stressful situations, great people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON18 February 2015
Sykes is an interesting place to work. In a typical day you have to use 8-12 different systems that you have to work while trying to sell services to a customer. Over the years there I learned a lot about bell products and services and how to position and rebuttal customers. The management there is good, there is just a lot of coaching and expectations when it comes to sales. But in the end I have made a lot of friends working there and have gotten to know the management quite well. My co workers are great people and I have really enjoyed working with them over my last three and a half years. The hardest part of my job is when you have someone calling in that is 70-80 years old and they need tech support but I still need to make an attempt to sell services. But in the end the people that I work with are who made the job fun and have helped me out with my calls and being there outside of work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Work schedule and breaks changing constantly
Great place to work, great people
Techxpert/Sales (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 May 2014
This is a work from home position doing tech support for a large known internet and cable company. The people you are working for are great and very supportive. Co-workers are always there to chip in and help you when you need it. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a customer solve a very easy problem because they do not want to pay for the service and we are not allowed to help without them agreeing to the fee. The best part of the job and hearing how happy the customer is that you fixed their issue.
Pros
rewards for doing a great job and meeting the goals
Cons
the pay
if you are a phone and computer person and have a great sales voice its a good job
Sales Represenitive (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON12 August 2013
a day at work is you come in set your programs up get on the phone lines start up selling helping and letting the costumers know about the promotions and new things that are coming they're way

I've learned to talk on the phone along with typing on computer looking at flyer's to help and say my introduction

Management is good they love to pump up the crowed and let us know that up-selling and making the costumer happy is the number one key to the company,

hardest part about that job is sitting for 8 hours sometimes longer

most enjoyable part about that job is to really help the costumer out
Pros
get to talk to alot of interesting people
Cons
sitting for a long period of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K