Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

call centre
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 February 2018
answered phones to help people with their phones and any questions they had about there bill or phone. also called people about upgrades or overages on their bill.
Inbound Call Centre
Customer Service Representative & HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 February 2018
Everyone works hard to perform for the client. Good training is provided with floor support. Ongoing pay raises and benefits. A good steady job, days and afternoon shifts.
Work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Sykes was a good company to work for, except for having to do overnight shift (11pm - 7am).

This company provided emergency roadside assistance for all of Canada, and Canadian members travelling in the U.S.

I learned a lot about the geography of Canada and really enjoyed helping the members get assistance as quickly as possible.

There is no "hard" part to this job as full training is provided and team leaders to help you manage each call.
Pros
working from home
Cons
overnight hours
The workplace housed many great individuals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 December 2017
The workplace housed many great individuals, who were passionate about their work. The general attitude was cheerful, and many other incentives were provided.
Fun working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torbay, NL15 December 2017
Challenging position,but a fun place to work with lots of awesome co-workers. Very supportive company. Always learning new things and room to move up within the company.
Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Sykes, I would work double shifts with no issues. I was coached, was asked to move to another account with encouragement to apply for supervisor. this account failed and moved to another, I was promoted to supervisor on this account within 3 months. I had training and worked with ABAY. Sykes was a great place to work. I had worked at Sykes for approx. 18 months before being promoted.
Pros
great coaches
Shut down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB13 October 2017
It was shut down in Riverview mall . Not the worst place to work, and had a cute little store beside it too for food etc and the fox too. I liked it better than my current though
Pros
Great people there
Cons
Unsanitary
Prouductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
Busy, fast- paced environment
I learned a lot about the cell phone industry and policies
the workplace culture was very inclusive and appropriate amongst the staff
Pros
breaks
Cons
friendships
Sykes
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
The people who worked here were great, go to be first line for Rogers in customer service. The training was a great experience and the people who work there are great.
Pros
free lunches some days
Cons
long hours, poor management
Complex and unreliable systems, very poor pay.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Home/field based15 September 2017
Pros:
Decent (minimum wage) training.

Cons:
Very stressful. "Skills" acquired are mostly non-transferable, as they pertain only to the idiosyncratic (and quite unreliable) systems used by the Sykes client. Complex systems to memorize, very poor pay. No benefits for 6 months. As mentioned in other reviews here, you are pressured to get the customer off the line in as little time as possible. I hated this job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 September 2017
Sykes is a great place to work with many amazing people and opportunity's. Everyone takes there job seriously and makes sure to give the customer the best help and experience they can.
Great Workplace
CSR Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 September 2017
The company was great to work for. They had training that was appropriate and paid. There was benefits available if you completed the required time. I personally didn't fit in with this job because it required a noise free environment and i recently had a baby.
Pros
work from home
Cons
need noise free environment
it is a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB31 August 2017
not for everyone . i dont have much to say about this job it wasnt for me . i dont like working at a call. too many expectation on goals and not realistic time frames
informative
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2017
worked with customers over the phone providing phone and internet service. I learned several aspects of the business including providing courteous service over the phone.
Serious work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 August 2017
Very rewarding environment if one applies oneself to fulfill client's expectations. Demanding targets which I found are achievable. Interesting work place which changes constantly. Environment meets constant upgrade of media demands. Good training with assistance from support staff. Constant encouragement from management.
Pros
Very nice people to work with.
Cons
None.
call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 August 2017
you listen to people complain about there bills and services.
place ordered of new services and devices. People are amazing. Compensation not worth the stress. TMs are pretty cool. company closing in Peterborough
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CSP3 August 2017
Good benefits and schedule. Shifts went longer than would have liked. Good training and leadership. Great to work at home. I enjoyed that very much. This is why I stayed
Colorful and Music
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB6 July 2017
Great place to work for starter jobs or laid back people. I personally am a laid back person so it's a great job for me, however the only thing keeping me from leaving is the music in the background and friends by my side.
Pros
Treat days and making friends
Cons
Exhausting
not to bad, but still a call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC4 July 2017
depending on the site you work at, the general atmosphere change. if you do your job well and you make sure your performance statistic are as up as they can be, you can apply for more positions easily.
Sherbrooke site was a good one.
Peterborough site was similar to working in a prison.
Pros
benfits
Cons
no window
Industrial environment with minimal pay and friendly staff
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC3 July 2017
Go in to call floor, clean your station, log in to phone and network computer and start taking calls. Management is on site to help you whenever you need it. The culture focuses on benefits and event.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K