Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 April 2018
I loved working at Sykes cause it was from my Home
it was awesome to not have to travel to work or spend money on babysitter

the job was great helping customers with billing and getting new products ie cellphones home phone cable and internet

i would get about 60 calls a day or more it was fast paced and great made the day go by faster some days it was so slow that we would get offed to jump off the phones for the day because it was so slow
Pros
work from home
Sykes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 March 2018
It was a wonderful place to work when ICT ran it. When Sykes took over we lost our 20 cent raise every 1000 hours, there is no incentive to work there. I met some wonderful friends while working there and have had some wonderful experiences with customers both on the phone and through chat.
Sykes work @ home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2018
Very unpleasant company from management to hr they harass you for everything and say people are treated equally .If you want my advise don't bother with this company. Managers and hr laugh at you and always call you with another 2 3 people on the call to make sure they cover themselves and your alone bring a lawyer .
Pros
Nothing everythig sucks
Cons
Sucks
Soul sucking work and environment!
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario28 February 2018
This company SUCKS! Do yourself a favour and avoid them.

If you like to have every minute of your life monitored and be docked for being 1 minute late starting or 1 minute over on your break, then this is the place for you.

They will brow beat you into submission, or they will fire you. They do not like individuality. They want obedient drones, robots.......not human beings.

They can't pay me enough to put up with rude customers yelling at me and making unreasonable demands, and constant threats of being fired for silly reasons. Very stressful job!

I was fired out of the blue after 8 months with no real explanation/reason given. I had a meeting by phone with my supervisor 6 days before they fired me, and he told me he was happy with me and my work, and just keep doing what I'm doing.......go figure. That's okay though. They actually did me a favour because I was not happy there at all and wanted out. I was just waiting until I could find something else. Now I have all the time in the world to do so. Good riddance!!!
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Everything else.
it will suck the life out of you
Customer Service Agent and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 February 2018
Working for sykes was the most stressful and mentally draining job I ever had.
Yes you work from home it is like a virtual call center with the customers calling in. You work for a major telecommunications company assisting their customers with their accounts.
The issue is that the customers are horrible! They yell and scream at you and bully you into giving them a credit on their bill or free gb's on their plan.
you have 0 support when this happens and you are not allowed to stick up for yourself. If you do it is called a customer mistreat. The only time the managers will help is if the customers demands the manager or when they will be able to give the customer what they want otherwise you are on your own
You are expected to do 5 separate tasks (reconfirm email, voice ID, pitch, notes, resolution statement, reason codes) while on the phone with the customer and if you don't do those 5 things you are told about it.
Employees are rated all by statistics and ratings and if you didnt do well in one of those tasks all of your co workers can see that in the overall percentages.
Good luck ever getting a day off!!! Employees beg for others to take their shifts in an adobe room. Literally they beg, it's sad.
Your shifts are always the same with the same 2 days off in the middle of the week. But your start times vary.

Whenever there are changes you are never told ahead of time. You sign onto your shift and sometimes you notice the document but other times the customer tells you about the changes!!
Pros
not a boring job
Cons
very bad communication, poorly structured environment, no work/life balance
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines24 February 2018
We handle calls from the US, Customer service from different telcommunication company. Helping them with their bill inquiry.We also handled Technical problems with their phone lines
Ability to increase your typing skills, a decent enviroment and plenty of encouragement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB13 February 2018
No room for a salary increase, no way to climb the corporate ladder as it were, plenty of rewards for doing well at your job however such as a "Free Hot Drink Day" or a raffle.
Pros
Rewards, Auctions, Raffles, flexible hours
Cons
No way to advance your position, no raises or bonuses
call centre
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 February 2018
answered phones to help people with their phones and any questions they had about there bill or phone. also called people about upgrades or overages on their bill.
Inbound Call Centre
Customer Service Representative & HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 February 2018
Everyone works hard to perform for the client. Good training is provided with floor support. Ongoing pay raises and benefits. A good steady job, days and afternoon shifts.
Work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Sykes was a good company to work for, except for having to do overnight shift (11pm - 7am).

This company provided emergency roadside assistance for all of Canada, and Canadian members travelling in the U.S.

I learned a lot about the geography of Canada and really enjoyed helping the members get assistance as quickly as possible.

There is no "hard" part to this job as full training is provided and team leaders to help you manage each call.
Pros
working from home
Cons
overnight hours
The workplace housed many great individuals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 December 2017
The workplace housed many great individuals, who were passionate about their work. The general attitude was cheerful, and many other incentives were provided.
Fun working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torbay, NL15 December 2017
Challenging position,but a fun place to work with lots of awesome co-workers. Very supportive company. Always learning new things and room to move up within the company.
Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Sykes, I would work double shifts with no issues. I was coached, was asked to move to another account with encouragement to apply for supervisor. this account failed and moved to another, I was promoted to supervisor on this account within 3 months. I had training and worked with ABAY. Sykes was a great place to work. I had worked at Sykes for approx. 18 months before being promoted.
Pros
great coaches
Shut down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB13 October 2017
It was shut down in Riverview mall . Not the worst place to work, and had a cute little store beside it too for food etc and the fox too. I liked it better than my current though
Pros
Great people there
Cons
Unsanitary
Prouductive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
Busy, fast- paced environment
I learned a lot about the cell phone industry and policies
the workplace culture was very inclusive and appropriate amongst the staff
Pros
breaks
Cons
friendships
Sykes
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
The people who worked here were great, go to be first line for Rogers in customer service. The training was a great experience and the people who work there are great.
Pros
free lunches some days
Cons
long hours, poor management
Complex and unreliable systems, very poor pay.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Home/field based15 September 2017
Pros:
Decent (minimum wage) training.

Cons:
Very stressful. "Skills" acquired are mostly non-transferable, as they pertain only to the idiosyncratic (and quite unreliable) systems used by the Sykes client. Complex systems to memorize, very poor pay. No benefits for 6 months. As mentioned in other reviews here, you are pressured to get the customer off the line in as little time as possible. I hated this job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 September 2017
Sykes is a great place to work with many amazing people and opportunity's. Everyone takes there job seriously and makes sure to give the customer the best help and experience they can.
Great Workplace
CSR Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 September 2017
The company was great to work for. They had training that was appropriate and paid. There was benefits available if you completed the required time. I personally didn't fit in with this job because it required a noise free environment and i recently had a baby.
Pros
work from home
Cons
need noise free environment
it is a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB31 August 2017
not for everyone . i dont have much to say about this job it wasnt for me . i dont like working at a call. too many expectation on goals and not realistic time frames

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K