Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 155 reviews matching the search See all 5,328 reviews
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London5 November 2018
My experience with this company was horrible, I was harassed by a team leader because she did not like me. I am not sure why but she was ugly inside and out. I did a good job but never appreciated.....would never recommend this company, they hired people constantly because people quit daily!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
"A Program"
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB1 November 2018
Well I worked for the company for 2 years. Most of the day was filled with dealing with billing questions about cell phones, and fixing issues with the customers profile within the website, days were long and draining. Most of the management was competent with the job, although most of the time they were there as a mediator if a situation got out of hand with a customer. I had to leave due to stress. Hardest part of the job was the stress that it put on your mind, people tend to say mean, offensive, or derogatory things when they can't see or hear who you are. I worked out of a center where there was a lot of people so it could get loud on occasion, now the area I was working no longer has the contract, however they still allow people to work from home.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
Very stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 October 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff members. Staff was always willing to assist in I needed assistance. Management was encouraging and understanding while I was learning.
difficult management culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB11 September 2018
answer calls.
basic csr then moved to loyalty rep.
management very difficult to deal with. no communication, no positive support for new reps.
irrational customers is the hardest to deal with.
coworkers.
Pros
coworker
Cons
management
Managers are good, but work is very stressful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 August 2018
Do not apply to work for the client Rogers Communicagtions. Other clients of Sykes are likely much less stressful and demanding. You will end up working nights and weekends.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Cons
High Stress
very organized
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB25 August 2018
typical day at work was taking customer calls and inquiries all day. I learned how to be a team played and properly engage with an irate client. hardest part of the job was the mental and emotional abuse endured while on these calls with the customer along with the fact there was no daycare or chances of having proper work scheduling for single mothers. most enjoyable part of my job was definitely my team lead. he made every meeting very personal and always made me feel appreciated and determined to keep improving my customer service skills.
Great perks for work at home, but...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON24 August 2018
Cons: You need to be ready to be pounded with call after call often with no breaks between. You are required to meet a strict metrics for performance of which sales is a MAJOR factor. Support system is really bad as it is all done by text. Often felt abandoned or misunderstood. Training does not fully prepare you for the harsh reality of taking your first calls.

Pros: Loved the extra pay per hour for Ontario work from home. Loved not having to adhere to strict grooming rules as customers never see you.

Left due to not being able to handle the stress and lack of support.
Tough
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 July 2018
This was easily the hardest job I ever had. Working until midnight was a challenge and I would never want to work at a call centre again. The strict sales requirements were more than a challenge.
Customer Service Representative & Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region6 June 2018
Handling inbound calls is different from my other experiences, with this job i assist customers thru phone with their needs. I've learned on how to be patient in every scenario. I always keep my mind that customer is always right and have to advise positive answers with them. Hardest part is that when your customers didn't understand what your thought is that might help them with there concerns.
training very hard if not computer savvy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home Based4 June 2018
Work and training hours long and you are not allowed to miss any of the training days at the start. Have to set up your office that you pay for and do not get re-inbursed. Need to purchase home phone line and a few headsets and monitor. Have to have desktop PC.

Word of advice, If you apply for this job make sure you are good on computers, are comfortable with them. Be prepared to deal with angry customers for 8 hours a day once you start on the phones.

Could be a great job for someone who has no issues with the above as the work from home concept is great but not for everyone
Pros
decent pay, more than minimum
Cons
not much life work balance, work long hours
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PH21 May 2018
It was fun when I worked there though I only worked for 6 months just because of the management at that time. If the management was good enough to treat their employees fairly I would have stayed there for a long time. But again this is just based on my experience, it is still based on how you deal with your own issues in the company
work from home
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 April 2018
I loved working at Sykes cause it was from my Home
it was awesome to not have to travel to work or spend money on babysitter

the job was great helping customers with billing and getting new products ie cellphones home phone cable and internet

i would get about 60 calls a day or more it was fast paced and great made the day go by faster some days it was so slow that we would get offed to jump off the phones for the day because it was so slow
Pros
work from home
Sykes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 March 2018
It was a wonderful place to work when ICT ran it. When Sykes took over we lost our 20 cent raise every 1000 hours, there is no incentive to work there. I met some wonderful friends while working there and have had some wonderful experiences with customers both on the phone and through chat.
Sykes work @ home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2018
Very unpleasant company from management to hr they harass you for everything and say people are treated equally .If you want my advise don't bother with this company. Managers and hr laugh at you and always call you with another 2 3 people on the call to make sure they cover themselves and your alone bring a lawyer .
Pros
Nothing everythig sucks
Cons
Sucks
Soul sucking work and environment!
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario28 February 2018
This company SUCKS! Do yourself a favour and avoid them.

If you like to have every minute of your life monitored and be docked for being 1 minute late starting or 1 minute over on your break, then this is the place for you.

They will brow beat you into submission, or they will fire you. They do not like individuality. They want obedient drones, robots.......not human beings.

They can't pay me enough to put up with rude customers yelling at me and making unreasonable demands, and constant threats of being fired for silly reasons. Very stressful job!

I was fired out of the blue after 8 months with no real explanation/reason given. I had a meeting by phone with my supervisor 6 days before they fired me, and he told me he was happy with me and my work, and just keep doing what I'm doing.......go figure. That's okay though. They actually did me a favour because I was not happy there at all and wanted out. I was just waiting until I could find something else. Now I have all the time in the world to do so. Good riddance!!!
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Everything else.
it will suck the life out of you
Customer Service Agent and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 February 2018
Working for sykes was the most stressful and mentally draining job I ever had.
Yes you work from home it is like a virtual call center with the customers calling in. You work for a major telecommunications company assisting their customers with their accounts.
The issue is that the customers are horrible! They yell and scream at you and bully you into giving them a credit on their bill or free gb's on their plan.
you have 0 support when this happens and you are not allowed to stick up for yourself. If you do it is called a customer mistreat. The only time the managers will help is if the customers demands the manager or when they will be able to give the customer what they want otherwise you are on your own
You are expected to do 5 separate tasks (reconfirm email, voice ID, pitch, notes, resolution statement, reason codes) while on the phone with the customer and if you don't do those 5 things you are told about it.
Employees are rated all by statistics and ratings and if you didnt do well in one of those tasks all of your co workers can see that in the overall percentages.
Good luck ever getting a day off!!! Employees beg for others to take their shifts in an adobe room. Literally they beg, it's sad.
Your shifts are always the same with the same 2 days off in the middle of the week. But your start times vary.

Whenever there are changes you are never told ahead of time. You sign onto your shift and sometimes you notice the document but other times the customer tells you about the changes!!
Pros
not a boring job
Cons
very bad communication, poorly structured environment, no work/life balance
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines24 February 2018
We handle calls from the US, Customer service from different telcommunication company. Helping them with their bill inquiry.We also handled Technical problems with their phone lines
Ability to increase your typing skills, a decent enviroment and plenty of encouragement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB13 February 2018
No room for a salary increase, no way to climb the corporate ladder as it were, plenty of rewards for doing well at your job however such as a "Free Hot Drink Day" or a raffle.
Pros
Rewards, Auctions, Raffles, flexible hours
Cons
No way to advance your position, no raises or bonuses
call centre
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 February 2018
answered phones to help people with their phones and any questions they had about there bill or phone. also called people about upgrades or overages on their bill.
Inbound Call Centre
Customer Service Representative & HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 February 2018
Everyone works hard to perform for the client. Good training is provided with floor support. Ongoing pay raises and benefits. A good steady job, days and afternoon shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K