Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Sydney, NS

call centre
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 February 2018
answered phones to help people with their phones and any questions they had about there bill or phone. also called people about upgrades or overages on their bill.
Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Sykes, I would work double shifts with no issues. I was coached, was asked to move to another account with encouragement to apply for supervisor. this account failed and moved to another, I was promoted to supervisor on this account within 3 months. I had training and worked with ABAY. Sykes was a great place to work. I had worked at Sykes for approx. 18 months before being promoted.
Pros
great coaches
say one and expect another
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 March 2016
very interesting sales enviroment meet new people everyday. management had there favorites. my co worker were great and willing to help out
always sitting
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS20 March 2016
would be on the phones taking care of customers problems. coworkers help with problems and learned how to handle customer problem
Pros
Cons
seem like long work days
Great job good people to work work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS15 January 2016
Worked at Sykes for 5 years till closing. Everyone i worked with was friendly and polite. Did a lot of sales and customer service
Pros
Working with polite employees
Cons
Late hours but didn't mind it.
Horrible Horrible Supervisors & Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 November 2015
Would never work here again if they ever opened up another center in Sydney. Lady who did the scheduling at our center was so rude and you could never get any of the days you requested off. Managers were non existent, and no HR in the building. Hardest part of the job was walking in the door, as you knew nothing even after leaving training. I didn't enjoy working here.
Pros
No pros for working here.
Cons
Long hours, not enough support.
Productive place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 October 2015
It was a productive place, and some of the people there were good, but I didn't like that they let some people get away with anything jst because they are good at selling or they were just afraid to loose people
Pros
great wages
Cons
being lazy
decent commission
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS1 June 2015
working for this company you had the opportunity for commission on all sales however you had to make the top 10% in order to receive the full bonus.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
had to make top 10% for full bonuses
High pace work place
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS3 September 2014
Great group of people, fun at times. Alot of functions to hype the employees
Was not for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS16 July 2014
I just frankly couldn't find myself looking at a computer screen and being insulted or talked down to by customers.

the job ran smoothly if you could get past the customer service aspect of it.
a fun job.
s2s agent,and outbound agent. (Former Employee) –  sydney nova scotia15 July 2014
a typical day at sykes was getting clocked in loading up and hitting the phones. I learned alot while working at sykes, a big thing would be how to speak to customer's,and have the necessary patience to work with the customer. The managment was great always friendly and always there when needed. The co workers were all great the odd time you'd get a co worker who was obnoxious or rude but not often. the hardest part of the job was having the patience to deal with some situations. The most enjoyable thing about the job was speaking to hundreds of different people every day, and putting yourself in their shoes to help solve their problem.
Pros
benifits, great people, never boring.
Cons
long hours, staying in one spot.
Payroll
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS16 October 2013
All day long I do payroll duties, running reports, using excel spreadsheets, faxing, photocopying, scanning, running daily hours, filing, terming, using internet and other payroll related duties. I work with little or no supervision on a daily basis.
Defintely a good place to work with fun people.
Bell Canada DMC (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 June 2013
My hours were 1-10pm, the training classes were a bit misleading but easy to adjust and get use to. Most managers were very approachable and knowledgeable about the job and always made you feel like you were a part of the team, but also a very good place to learn the fundamentals of customer service and how to treat a customer in order to have the best experience for both the customer and the company, but the hardest part of the job was definitely having to be sitting down in a chair for the majority of the day where as I'd like to be on my feet and more personal than a phone call with customers. The best part of my job was the people I worked with, very friendly, fun to work with which made the day so much better to have such a positive environment.
Pros
Amazing people, good pay, and not far from home.
Cons
Lunches and breaks weren't paid for, very little opportunity for advancement
Lively place to work with wonderful people to work with.
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney,NS5 April 2013
Co-workers are amazing, everyone has the same goals and lovely work environment.
rude unprofessional supervisors
customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney nova Scotia1 March 2013
While working at Sykes. Training was not bad was fun and made the job seem like its gonna be easy until a week in their training was down and we were basically thrown on the floor without much training. God forbid if we had to have our signs up for help. Waited forever for so called floor support. Even one day had a fight break one with a floor support throwing a garbage can at a supervisor. Its a very unprofessional company and the supervisors are horrible well not all their were two good ones. The hours were horrible and having to call off cause your actually sick is a hassle. Another there is the supervisors talk about you and yell at you as if you are a child. Out of all the jobs I've worked this one is far the worst one yet.
Cons
supervisors are rude. long hours short breaks ans horrible shift bids.
productive
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney NS18 October 2012
-it tought me amazing customer service skills
- it made me more of a people person

hardest part of job-- satisfying the customers when IRATED.

most enjoyable part-- solving the customers problems and having them walk away happy.
Fast paced, long hours and great pay.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS28 May 2012
Typical day is usually an 8-10 hour shift, answering inbound calls. I learned a lot about the company I was working for. Management was alright for the most part. Coworkers were okay, a lot of them were cranky because of the long hours and stressful work. Hardest part of the job was the stressful long hours, dealing with complaints on every call and getting an average off 150 calls a day. Most enjoyable part was the money. If you worked all your shifts, you made 11.25 an hour. Excellent money.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
long hours.