Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Saint John, NB

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 5,324 reviews
Call Centre Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2017
It pays alright for being a call centre. It was paying me $13.75 plus monthly bonuses. What made it better was I was living across the street. Now the business is closed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Call Centre
Fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 December 2016
When working for Sykes I was a CSR responsible for helping customers with technical problems whether it be phone internet or cable. I enjoyed this job but I enjoy retail better.
Pros
Cons
Schedule
it was ok
Billing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 August 2016
day in day out taking calls from customers with billing issues. the management was great, and coworkers were amazing. hardest part was getting the customers to realize how there billing worked
Pros
diversity
Cons
yelled at a lot by customers
Fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 March 2016
Took calls from customers, re billing,accounts, etc. Helped customers with technical issues on their cell phones. Activated phones etc.
Pros
Great staff members, coworkers awesome!
Cons
Sitting all day in one place.
Fun place to work and learn
Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 February 2016
Come into work, check stock levels, make sure areas are cleaned that where supposed to be cleaned over night by the cleaner. Depending on the day, work on schedule for the next week(s), update stock to be ordered on a weekly basis. Was available throughout the shift to address any issues whether big or small. Looked after orders coming in for IT.
loved client and software
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 November 2015
Most difficult was not having 2 consecutive days off together. Co-workers were excellent, enjoyed customers. Training was primarily self taught, but I enjoy challenge learning new skills. It was the most filthy physical environment; never have seen bedbugs but WHSCC had to investigate for fumigation of them
Usual call centre enviroment, had a T.V. room.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John21 September 2015
Wasn't a bad place to work, the days were long, and the way the seating was made me feel disconnected from my co-workers. They did have a smoking hut that made me feel like they weren't prejudice towards smokers the way some places can be.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
The seating.
You work in a dungeon...
CSR (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 September 2014
Sykes Saint John is probably the worst call center to work for. If you want a day off, you need to have it in writing 3 weeks in advance. But even with that, the day before they can change their mind and refuse to let you have the day off. If you need to leave to get your kid early or even a doctors appointment, if you miss 29min+ it gets counted as a half day missed.

Management will lie to your face before you get hired... So when you actually start, then they will give you your offer letter. So your already working there and if you left a half decent job, your stuck with horrible shifts and poor working environment.
Pros
At least it's a job
Cons
working there
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 July 2014
Great company to work for, fun and energetic work setting, very friendly people
Sales and Customer Service should be seperate
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John12 June 2014
Very good company to work for, always offering additional training to improve your interpersonal skills. I learned a variety of different software's, sales techniques, product information, and the overall satisfaction of helping a customer. Management are very personable people, they are not the type to just hide behind doors, co-workers are likes friends and family. This is a very high stressed job, abiding by 7 steps in a call flow as well as 7 different statistics to meet. Calls never come in the way you would expect so the call flow is very difficult to maintain. The most enjoyable part about the job is having friends to laugh with when there is time to relax and sit back.
Benefits
Cons
Sales Quota
productive
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint John, N.B27 May 2014
I enjoyed everyone there and it was a great work experience. This job really helped improve my customer service experience. I feel this job helped my people skills and with give me the experience I will need to get more customer service jobs.
assisting customers with bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, New Brunswick17 April 2014
Took calls every day assisting customers with their cell phone bills, added on travel features, changed price plans, adjusting charges that were invalid. I've learned a lot of patients dealing with all age groups and ethnicity and language barriers. I got along great with my collegues but due to the decrease in hours had no other choice but to find something with more guaranteed hours to support my family.
Client Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 August 2013
None. My co-workers and Supervisors are great to work with.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
shift bids
Good paying job with lots of overtime available
Bell Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 May 2013
A typical day at work is answering phone calls about billing all day long. I learned a lot about researching information and handling confidential information. Management unfortunately was usually to busy to help with anything and sometimes had to refuse customers opportunities to speak with them. Didn't get to know co-workers that well because you are on calls all day long and didn't have much time inbetween. The hardest part of the job was dealing with several irrate customers every day. The enjoyable part was helping kind customers who understood and did everything possible to make my job easier and to help them faster!
Cons
Long Hours, Mandatory Holidays or Over time, Not much Help from Management, Customers yell at you
management was easy to talk to
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 March 2013
Repetitive Duties, management was always available and easy to talk to
Call center
Inbound Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  saint john15 February 2013
this is a call center out sourced, i would not recommend unless your stress tolerance is high.
No support once you get on the floor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 December 2012
The training was not what it should be we did not get any hands on training and when we got on the floor it felt like we were thrown to the wolveswork with a very friendly staff, but not very supportive
benefits
Cons
Great workplace, with good people, but no flexible shifts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 November 2012
A typical day was logging into the computer, and taking a steady flow of calls for 10-12 hours straight, I learned how to manage time and multi task well.
Pros
good pay, training, friendly staff
Cons
12 hour shifts, shift bid had very few options, not enough breaks for the length of shift
very low work morale
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John NB29 October 2012
No job security never know when you will be the next to be walked out. Change things from one day to next
the people are great to work with
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  saint john, nb16 August 2012
I enjoy the people that I work with and have made some amazing friends. The hardest part of the job is the fact that policys change from day to day, and no one tells us about the changes. The best part of the job was some of the people that we spoke to on the phone.
Pros
free freezies
Cons
not telling us about all policy changes