Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in London, ON

Not a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2018
I have worked here for a year and I do not like this job one bit. The only thing that makes it bare able is the fact that I work from home. You have difficult callers, and are forced to stick to a script and not able to use your nursing knowledge. The breaks are way too short for a 10 hour shift. It is an exhausting job! Call after call and no positive reinforcement from my manager. I don’t have anything positive to say about this job. The turnover is very high. 3 classes started after ours and more than half of them left. I would leave if I could find something else.
Pros
Work from home, decent benefits
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, isolating, too many more to name
Soul sucking work and environment!
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario28 February 2018
This company SUCKS! Do yourself a favour and avoid them.

If you like to have every minute of your life monitored and be docked for being 1 minute late starting or 1 minute over on your break, then this is the place for you.

They will brow beat you into submission, or they will fire you. They do not like individuality. They want obedient drones, robots.......not human beings.

They can't pay me enough to put up with rude customers yelling at me and making unreasonable demands, and constant threats of being fired for silly reasons. Very stressful job!

I was fired out of the blue after 8 months with no real explanation/reason given. I had a meeting by phone with my supervisor 6 days before they fired me, and he told me he was happy with me and my work, and just keep doing what I'm doing.......go figure. That's okay though. They actually did me a favour because I was not happy there at all and wanted out. I was just waiting until I could find something else. Now I have all the time in the world to do so. Good riddance!!!
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Everything else.
Work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Sykes was a good company to work for, except for having to do overnight shift (11pm - 7am).

This company provided emergency roadside assistance for all of Canada, and Canadian members travelling in the U.S.

I learned a lot about the geography of Canada and really enjoyed helping the members get assistance as quickly as possible.

There is no "hard" part to this job as full training is provided and team leaders to help you manage each call.
Pros
working from home
Cons
overnight hours
informative
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2017
worked with customers over the phone providing phone and internet service. I learned several aspects of the business including providing courteous service over the phone.
not great
Health Services and Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
over worked and under paid, employees worked to the point of mental break downs and medical leaves and not appreciated for everything they do for the company
Professional and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2017
working for Sykes made work fun. We had teams and completed against other teams with our AHT (average handle time) or call qualities or with our customer service and we would decorate our team area etc it would give a very positive and enjoyable work environment
Pros
the training, knowledge provided, good management
Cons
job security
courteous staff reasonable pay
Tele-consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2017
nice place
nice people
it was just hard to sell they're products & services because their rate plans weren't very good compared to all the other competition
Definitely do not apply to work at this company.
Registered Nurse, Nurse Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
e.The management team and all divisions are out for themselves and do not back up their nurses. This is a micromanaged company in which the dollars are far more important than customer care or employee health/welfare. Worklife balance is not considered at this workplace and you are stigmatized if you have any disabilities.

Exceptionally non-flexible in their staffing and scheduling, at most times you have to book your time off almost a year in advance and this still does not guarantee you will have your vacation when you wanted.

Because you're out of active hands on nursing, if you work for this company for an extended period is extremely difficult to get work afterward due to being out of practice. And no matter how long you work for the company or the excellent reputation you may have there, they refused to supply you with any type of reference when you leave.

Very cutthroat between staff and management is constantly breathing down your back with little support or encouragement.

There is no union, so if there's an issue it's impossible to resolve, because as previously mentioned, the management are out for themselves and never answer questions presented to them. Often skirting the original question and never getting back with responses.

After 12 years working with this company I have seen it ruin many nurses.
Pros
Can possibly go work from home.
Cons
Poor management, lack of support for the nursing staff, negative atmosphere, poor wages, poorly treated staff with disabilities
Excellent company to work for/with.
Bilingual Legal Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2016
Great experience working for the company since my start. Relevant benefits and great culture.
Routine yet interesting work load
Learned the many facets of legal world through customer service and data entry
Management is highly educated and motivational
Challenges are rewarding in learning and applying various insurance policies and legal applications.
Enjoy the assistance provided to customers in their needs.
Pros
Flexible shift work, good camaraderie with employees
Cons
Routine tasks and duties
Not a Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
Depending on the department you work in the environment is different. I was lucky enough to work on a Monday - Friday contract for an automotive company. The people are amazing, management is mediocre depending on who you are. Lots of favoritism in the department I worked in with respect to the Senior Manager. Benefits are good, pay not so much.
benefits
Cons
Hourly Pay
Terrible Experience
Health Care Connect (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
Worked at Sykes for approximately one year. Absolutely no opportunities for career advancement, huge wage freeze with no opportunities for bonuses/raises/overtime, etc.
Great place for employment.
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, On26 July 2016
They truly care about their employees and will work with you as much as they can to ensure that you enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
care about their employees
Cons
shift work
lots of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2016
you will be helping people on the phone for Toyota Customer service with warranty questions when certain repairs are going to happen
Call Centre
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 February 2016
the lost the contract to capital one small business so sadly we lost our jobs.. they did offer some people other jobs with in the company
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2016
The hardest part of the job was not taking things to heart. Knowing that yes you are getting them to people you know can help when you cant
Pros
help people
it can be better
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2016
nice company but there is a lots to improve .
salary is not the best , some friendly ppl .. not all of them
still work there stability is there but you have to work hard , if they just raise the salary 14$ /h for bilingual is low
Awesome place to work
Roadside assistance agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2015
Fast paced, every call was different, great staff, excellent trainers, very interesting job love helping others. Team players, extra work if wanted
enjoyable place to work because you have the sense of helping others
CSR Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2015
- interacted with towers and dealers to aid clients
- assisted clients to the best of ability in providing roadside service
- sold roadside insurance coverage

- learned a lot about towing certain vehicles--such as 4 x 4 where the tower has to use "specials" like flatbed etc

- learned about the "transporting" of certain higher end vehicles

- learned Lexus lockout procedures

- the most difficult part of the job was being able to tow the client's vehicle but then depending on coverage could not provided them meals, hotel, etc

- the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist motorists in need

***** I worked for Sykes under my maiden name Lori Leslie
and I.m not 100% sure on the dates.....my Supervisor was Shannon Lidkea *****
Pros
can work from home...good pay
Cons
night and weekend work and especially Holiday work
great group of people to work with
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2015
allows you the opportunity to have fun and enjoy your day at work
Great management always there to help
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2015
Busy makes the day go by fast. There is always ongoing education.
Lots of opportunity for advancement. There is also opportunity to move to other contracts. Wages are not that high but benefits are great, There are also incentives to encourage you to do better. Over all it is a great place to work.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
can't think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K