Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in Lindsay, ON

very nice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 January 2018
very fun and enjoyable workplace
employees are easy to get along with aswell as management and supervision
lots of support
allows you to interact with all kinds of people while completing work
hardest part of the job would be getting through the training
Very busy
Full-time employment (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 October 2017
Job required spending the majority of the work day on the phone to customers, answering queries and assisting with issues relating to their telephone service and system
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pressure to perform to target
phone calls
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON9 March 2016
sitting on a phone was fun but dealing with costumers is where it got a little bit out of hand at times sometime you would get the nicest people in the world but when you got the rude and some of the nasty people on the other end of the phone its gets a little challenging
Not That Great.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON30 January 2016
No Union, Targets constantly going up, job was great, loved working with people but the management and sales structure was contradictory, it wasn't sure if it wanted me to perform more, and get higher numbers, or be less aggressive with sales.

It's the Catch 22 of being a manager I suppose. You want your team to do well, but not make people uncomfortable... I just think their methods are a bit backwards.
Pros
Telemarketing was extremely fun, it was in a great location too.
Cons
Job didn't know what it wants from it's employees.
Productive environment
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON18 July 2015
I learned all the basics of customer service for inquiries on billing and general complaints, propositioning sales, and making rebuttals. The co-workers were driven, fun individuals, always friendly. A typical day we're all just in an environment trying to complete sales in fun and rewarding ways. Meetings sales objectives, top 5, it was all about trying to make sales worthwhile.
Pros
Sales initiatives
Working multiple systems, stressful situations, great people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON18 February 2015
Sykes is an interesting place to work. In a typical day you have to use 8-12 different systems that you have to work while trying to sell services to a customer. Over the years there I learned a lot about bell products and services and how to position and rebuttal customers. The management there is good, there is just a lot of coaching and expectations when it comes to sales. But in the end I have made a lot of friends working there and have gotten to know the management quite well. My co workers are great people and I have really enjoyed working with them over my last three and a half years. The hardest part of my job is when you have someone calling in that is 70-80 years old and they need tech support but I still need to make an attempt to sell services. But in the end the people that I work with are who made the job fun and have helped me out with my calls and being there outside of work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Work schedule and breaks changing constantly
Sales oriented
Customer Service / Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON20 November 2014
Very dynamic corporation. Very sales driven. Bell & sykes offer great compensation as well as incentives for sales.
Inbound sales
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 October 2014
Alot of systems to take in when first starting but being on the phones made it a lot easier to understand . Excellent for learning customer service and getting to know how to properly approach customers needs while making sales opportunities. Some customers are fantastic , others are very brutal to the agents even though they cannot control the issue and the anger is meant for the company. Could be hard to understand customer at times with the headsets- language barriers and extreme noise issues. Customers would complain about hearing all of the other agents around the desk and that also made it hard to hear the customer. It was great that there is always full time hours, benefits and great perks but it's a highly stressful place. Supervisors aren't always as helpful as they need to be , adding more stress to agents on the phone. This can create a poor positioning for sales which affects the agents job status, little sales or low percentages means the agent can be in the position to loose their job. However , overall , the company itself is fantastic.
Pros
full time, benefits, perks
Cons
some long hours, stressful
nice place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 October 2014
good place to work, friendly people to work with. Management was great. Learned the world of a call center.
Sykes is very demanding but great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON16 June 2014
Sykes management team is very accommodating of employees need and the open door policy is great.
Pros
Medical benefit
Cons
Long Hours

Want to know more about Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated?

Ask a question
sucked the life out of me
csr (Former Employee) –  Lindsay ON4 February 2014
does sykes ever read these reviews TRAINING, MANAGEMENT complaints. How did these people get these positions???? TRAINING department needs a complete overhaul. Won't listen to csr ideas for improvement BUT will submit the ideas as there own and get recognition for it. B-------. If you need help you can ask 5 different supervisors and you get 5 different answers. It is a JOKE. The favoritism is unbelievable. Equipment issues on a daily basis and we would get in trouble for hook time. I miss co-workers and my paycheck but I have my sanity. Sykes should wake up and do a complete evaluation of the Lindsay location. NEW management and TRAINING department would turn this location. They start a training class of 20 and end up with 2 that stay. A NEW APPROACH to hiring, training and retention of employees would turn this bad situation into an excellent place to be employed. WAKE UP HEAD OFFICE!!!!!!!!
Pros
relationships with co workers, fun environment, fund raising events, commission, health care benefits package was excellent
Cons
not being properly TRAINED and supervisors not being PROPERLY TRAINED
not the most positive work environments
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON18 January 2014
definately not meant for those without a thick skin or without sales experience
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
hours
Worse job ever
inbound customer service (Former Employee) –  Lindsay Ontario17 January 2014
All this job is , is SALES SALES SALES
You are not told in the interview of the high pressure sales part of the job and you have to push 3 times in a call.......really.....if a customer says NO, then the chances are they mean NO.....and then you have to push again....really...what part of NO don't you understand??......and then you have to push again - How to really upset the customer!!!!
If you don't make sales you are fired....not told that in the interview.
Your calls are monitored and if they think you messed up they take your commission off you for the last week or whatever.
The standard of training is terrible and then you are dumped out on the floor to deal with customers yourself and the so called help available is abysmal.
If you want to keep your sanity DONT WORK HERE! If you want to go home with a headache and probably crying your eyes out - then go for it - don't say you were not warned!!
Pros
full time & benifits
Cons
None what so ever
if you are a phone and computer person and have a great sales voice its a good job
Sales Represenitive (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON12 August 2013
a day at work is you come in set your programs up get on the phone lines start up selling helping and letting the costumers know about the promotions and new things that are coming they're way

I've learned to talk on the phone along with typing on computer looking at flyer's to help and say my introduction

Management is good they love to pump up the crowed and let us know that up-selling and making the costumer happy is the number one key to the company,

hardest part about that job is sitting for 8 hours sometimes longer

most enjoyable part about that job is to really help the costumer out
Pros
get to talk to alot of interesting people
Cons
sitting for a long period of time
challenging and enjoyable workplace
CSR (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 July 2013
I usually work 10-9pm and I work every weekend (by choice). I get along very well with management and have a lot of respect for each one of them. My co-workers are great people to work with for the most part. The hardest part of my job is making the most of the sales opportunity, while also being the most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoy the challenge.
Pros
flexible hours
terrible
Direct Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON19 March 2013
the way they treat people is disgusting.no sense of humanity or compassion, and frequently violated HR protocol. Save yourself the grief and avoid this place
Great place to work, great people.
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON5 October 2012
Excellent co-workers, fast paced, intriguing and always something new
wasnt a good expierence
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON1 October 2012
the mangament were very ignorant and didn't care about the employees.
Pros
commission
Cons
very horrible management