Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

difficult management culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB11 September 2018
answer calls.
basic csr then moved to loyalty rep.
management very difficult to deal with. no communication, no positive support for new reps.
irrational customers is the hardest to deal with.
coworkers.
Pros
coworker
Cons
management
Great staff
ROGERS CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Work from home5 September 2018
I loved my job at ICT/Sykes. I left do to health reasons and I'm looking to get back into the workforce now. I loved dealing with the customers I had; I attempted every time I spoke with someone that I was able to provide them the best customer service that I could so going forward, there was no confusion regarding that issue again.
Managers are good, but work is very stressful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 August 2018
Do not apply to work for the client Rogers Communicagtions. Other clients of Sykes are likely much less stressful and demanding. You will end up working nights and weekends.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Cons
High Stress
very organized
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB25 August 2018
typical day at work was taking customer calls and inquiries all day. I learned how to be a team played and properly engage with an irate client. hardest part of the job was the mental and emotional abuse endured while on these calls with the customer along with the fact there was no daycare or chances of having proper work scheduling for single mothers. most enjoyable part of my job was definitely my team lead. he made every meeting very personal and always made me feel appreciated and determined to keep improving my customer service skills.
Great perks for work at home, but...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON24 August 2018
Cons: You need to be ready to be pounded with call after call often with no breaks between. You are required to meet a strict metrics for performance of which sales is a MAJOR factor. Support system is really bad as it is all done by text. Often felt abandoned or misunderstood. Training does not fully prepare you for the harsh reality of taking your first calls.

Pros: Loved the extra pay per hour for Ontario work from home. Loved not having to adhere to strict grooming rules as customers never see you.

Left due to not being able to handle the stress and lack of support.
work from home
Bilingual Customer Loyalty Agent (Current Employee) –  Work from Home15 August 2018
I enjoy working from home. I enjoy the flexibility of the hours. I enjoy not having to drive to work in bad weather. I enjoy customer service and being able to assist customers.
Pros
work from home
Cons
stressful
Horrible
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2018
It was a work at home position, so the environment is comfy i guess. My manager was understanding and quite good at her job, however the work was terrible, the pay was dismal, training was awful and patchy, missing key details. and overall it was an unpleasant experience.
Tough
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 July 2018
This was easily the hardest job I ever had. Working until midnight was a challenge and I would never want to work at a call centre again. The strict sales requirements were more than a challenge.
Terrible experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 July 2018
RNs Beware!! You will NOT be told that if you don't pass a test in 3rd week it will be implied that you resign!! You will be asked to install a landline and purchase a shredder, webcam, headset, door locks for which you will not be reimbursed. The training is overwhelming and you're thrown a tremendous amount of information with no support. I would not recommend this job to anyone due to lack of good training and support.
Syke's
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB27 June 2018
Syke's was a great place to work, what made the job fun was the co-workers and supervisors. Everyone there contributed to making the day go by fast. Over all it is a shame to see it shut down as they employed a lot of people in the Miramichi and surrounding areas.
Pros
Co-workers and management
Cons
Ever shifting work requirements.
Poor pay, no employee protection, micro managed
Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont.24 June 2018
The job is highly stressful, the customers are allowed to yell at you and your not allowed to end the call. Very abusive customers and Sykes expects you to take this abuse, The work hours don't allow for any weekends EVER. Work-at-Home isn't for everyone but if the pay reflected the level of performance expected by Sykes then maybe there wouldn't be such a high turn over rate.

Team Leaders expect extremely high level of speed for processing calls and if you don't finish your call/notes they kick you into the next call, no time to properly enter the needed information into tickets. Thats where quality goes down the drain. Customers want help - not to be rushed off the call.

The call metrics are way off...unrealistic and causes stress with staff. Focus on better and more 'customer care' staff, as they are the ones hurting your reputation with the extremely high wait times .

Pay your staff better and with 80+ agents online and available at anyone time, you CAN afford to offer better schedule options to keep your staff happy. The ICU is basically production, although they tell you its a training environment, no its not, its a LIVE environment.

Run away from this employer, terrible.
Pros
work at home
Cons
Poor wages, ridiculous schedule and no protection from horrible customers.
Customer Service Representative & Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region6 June 2018
Handling inbound calls is different from my other experiences, with this job i assist customers thru phone with their needs. I've learned on how to be patient in every scenario. I always keep my mind that customer is always right and have to advise positive answers with them. Hardest part is that when your customers didn't understand what your thought is that might help them with there concerns.
training very hard if not computer savvy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home Based4 June 2018
Work and training hours long and you are not allowed to miss any of the training days at the start. Have to set up your office that you pay for and do not get re-inbursed. Need to purchase home phone line and a few headsets and monitor. Have to have desktop PC.

Word of advice, If you apply for this job make sure you are good on computers, are comfortable with them. Be prepared to deal with angry customers for 8 hours a day once you start on the phones.

Could be a great job for someone who has no issues with the above as the work from home concept is great but not for everyone
Pros
decent pay, more than minimum
Cons
not much life work balance, work long hours
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PH21 May 2018
It was fun when I worked there though I only worked for 6 months just because of the management at that time. If the management was good enough to treat their employees fairly I would have stayed there for a long time. But again this is just based on my experience, it is still based on how you deal with your own issues in the company
Telemarketing, Sales, Customer Service, Technical Support Job - Work From Home
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
This company is excessively unprofessional and at times unethical.

Your conscious will continually be stretched to the limit, especially when they ask you to mistreat senior citizens.

A very hard company to work for.

Management has no prior business experience and they handle issues on a crisis only basis.

I do not recommend this employer unless you have no other options.
Pros
work from home
Cons
all else
Employees are priority
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phillippines20 April 2018
SYKES provides support to top global brands and industry leaders, including companies under the Fortune 500 roster. We are proud to support global front-runners in the fields of communication and technology, financial services, healthcare, transportation, and leisure industries.
work from home technical support position
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
work from home technical support position
management is full of apathy
managers will not support employees
terrible pay, minimum wage and they pay down to the second
no support from management
supply all your own materials
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything else aside from work from home is terrible at this company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 April 2018
I loved working at Sykes cause it was from my Home
it was awesome to not have to travel to work or spend money on babysitter

the job was great helping customers with billing and getting new products ie cellphones home phone cable and internet

i would get about 60 calls a day or more it was fast paced and great made the day go by faster some days it was so slow that we would get offed to jump off the phones for the day because it was so slow
Pros
work from home
i made a lot of good friends there
Inbound customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB20 March 2018
it was very stressful but i was also fresh out of highschool, so any job would have been stressful due to the change. but it wasn't terrible due to teaching me the responsibilities of hard work and being an adult.
Pros
my co-workers and assisting people felt great.
Cons
sitting down for 8 hours a day was hard on my back.
Not a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2018
I have worked here for a year and I do not like this job one bit. The only thing that makes it bare able is the fact that I work from home. You have difficult callers, and are forced to stick to a script and not able to use your nursing knowledge. The breaks are way too short for a 10 hour shift. It is an exhausting job! Call after call and no positive reinforcement from my manager. I don’t have anything positive to say about this job. The turnover is very high. 3 classes started after ours and more than half of them left. I would leave if I could find something else.
Pros
Work from home, decent benefits
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, isolating, too many more to name

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K