Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 315 reviews matching the search See all 5,644 reviews
Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 March 2019
Enjoyed my time working at a call center with a group of individuals that joked around but had been serious when needed and there was games we played when selling a device as we have mini putt with one shot to get it in the hole and the customers were friendly when they understud that I was there to help them with there issue for the most part but had a few irate customers as any call center would.
Pros
great working atmosphere
Cons
Had worked there for a long time and the work just got too much politics.
flexible but downsizing currently
Senior Manager - Canada (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 March 2019
Downsizing - no security even after 8 years in senior management. Good flexibility however, allowing you work around kids schedule and working from home was a plus as it not only eliminated some expenses you would normally have working in a brick and mortar site.
Pros
flexibility and working from home
Cons
poor pay and no security
work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at Home21 February 2019
It was a great experience with good fellow employees. the help desk was awesome through aws which is a chat that you could get the help you needed; amazing
Pros
work from home
Cons
shortage of hours
Liked my boss but they will fire you for their equipment failing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 February 2019
I was with the company for 2 years, loved my job and found that though it was easy for me to hit sales goals and regularly get above targets set I very soon ran into problems with the USB that was provided to run the virtual client. I had several replacement USB's sent to me and eventually they changed it to a box of sorts that was supposed to be more stable. I'd had trouble with the client disconnecting from the server, crashing and sometimes failing to load even with basic troubleshooting and escalations through tech support.

It was decided that the USB wasn't working for me and that I'd have a box sent out that should resolve the issues period. During a rough day with the USB I found out they'd tried to record a call (monitoring) but couldn't get anything because it wasn't connecting yet again. I had a good track record with sales, jump ons (when they needed people to do OT or to cover sick coworkers) including for an iPhone launch where I worked an 18, 14, 12 then an 8 hour shift on a long weekend, even won an iPad for most OT worked that weekend.

Well turns out because they couldn't record the call it was an automatic Call Avoidance, I tried to explain the problems I'd had and told them I could give them every ticket number and escalation number proving it was the USB and I was still taking calls not avoiding them. Nope fired, they don't care if THEIR stuff doesn't work it was my fault their USB was faulty.

Box arrived the next day and I had to decline the delivery. This company doesn't care if their stuff fails or is faulty you will be blamed and held accountable.
  more... That is how they work.  less
Pros
Some managers are nice
Cons
Horrible equipment provided that has constant problems
nice job from home
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB3 February 2019
management was alright job on its own can be hard on the moral-but you work form home and there not to strict if you give some effort and youre home so you can wear whatever and tmake it causy
Boring call centre job, not much to talk about
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB24 January 2019
The job was not at all fulfilling. A boring call centre job, not much to talk about. Had decent insurance and pay slightly over minimum wage. Not a career but makes for a decent job!
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Horrible Clients
Telecommuting in an interesting way.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON17 January 2019
This was the LLC for a telecommuting infrastructure as a form of call center. Sykes provided a boot CD that turned your computer into a LINUX based Remote Terminal for their call center. However the call you needed to take still came in on a land line you were REQUIRED to have. This line was to be dedicated for their use. A number of issues would arise from this setup. If at any point your internet went out or if there was and internal error, you were effectively cut off from your tools, but still kept getting calls on your phone line. Management was communicated with via a chat client on the Boot CD. If there was ever an issue with your CD and you couldn't get back into the system then you were cut off completely. Any time you needed help you had to go through a convoluted internal messaging system that barely worked at the best of times. Ultimately, even though the job was advertised as a customer service, non-sales, position; it very quickly became a sales-first-customer-service-sometimes job. An interesting experience to say the least.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home, upfront costs, hardware costs (headset phone), Technical issues a plenty, Stressful work
Great work environment
INBOUND AGENT (SUPERVISOR POSITION) (Current Employee) –  Sechelt, BC11 January 2019
Sykes is a good company to work for. Great management team as they respond promptly to any issues you have. Very comfortable to work from home. Provides benefits and employee assistant program.Pay is at min wage but you do save a lot as you don't have to commute.
Pros
Benefits, Great management team, Comfort of working from home
Cons
None.
Fun
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 January 2019
This is a call center atmosphere, always the same, dealing with good and bad clients on a daily basis. You learned how to detect a persons mood and attitude in a matter of seconds. The management was good as they tried to make the stressful job more fun by having different contests and games happening, The hardest was dealing with and extremely irate customer. The co workers were the best part of this job.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 December 2018
Great place to work and the benefits of working at home and the medical/dental/vision benefits as well are excellent.

Managers and supervisors are great and very approachable as well.
Horrible Company
Corporate Travel Consultant ( Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2018
I worked as a bilingual travel consultant. There's nothing good about that company. Training was too short. Lots of things to learn. Assessments after Assessments. They are very picky whom they choose. So, after doing 3 months training and passing all those assessments, is when you'll really know if you got the job or not. They have the Worst management ! I am still fighting to get my last paycheck from them. It's been 2 months now. I had to report them to Canadian Labor Law. My advice is dont waste your time on that company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long hours, short training, back to back calls, poor management, fire you for small issues
A Temp Agency in Disguise.
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON20 November 2018
I worked in sales for Bell Canada. You can have great calls with customers, making two and three sales per call, I was one of the top employees here for the 2 months I was working at the establishment. I wouldn't have had such a problem with the place if you weren't judged by people who do not seem to understand colloquialism and friendly conversation.

I believe that the human element and a willingness to understand are at the forefront of all professional engagements.

I guess this company doesn't see eye-to-eye with me. I suppose that's why they went out of business.
Pros
Lots of Hours, plenty of room to make a killing in bonuses.
Cons
lot of the other workers had "Given Up"
Fun as work form home
remote contract agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 November 2018
It is a comfortable job from home, as the start shift is 4 am and as well teh pay scale is not upto the market in BC thinking of options as family with 2 kids in BC is challenging.
Pros
work from home
Cons
timings and pay
"A Program"
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB1 November 2018
Well I worked for the company for 2 years. Most of the day was filled with dealing with billing questions about cell phones, and fixing issues with the customers profile within the website, days were long and draining. Most of the management was competent with the job, although most of the time they were there as a mediator if a situation got out of hand with a customer. I had to leave due to stress. Hardest part of the job was the stress that it put on your mind, people tend to say mean, offensive, or derogatory things when they can't see or hear who you are. I worked out of a center where there was a lot of people so it could get loud on occasion, now the area I was working no longer has the contract, however they still allow people to work from home.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
Very stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 October 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff members. Staff was always willing to assist in I needed assistance. Management was encouraging and understanding while I was learning.
Very busy taking phone calls from customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB25 September 2018
Responding to customers of what they want for service, assist the customers in getting the correct service. Lots of help to help you out when your not understanding something. Hardest part was when customers were very unhappy with their services. Best part was working with great colleagues.
Passable
Bilingual Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job with Sykes is that I get to be home with my kids and still work. I don't have to worry about commuting in bad weather or any of the other things those in regular office settings have to take into consideration every day.
difficult management culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB11 September 2018
answer calls.
basic csr then moved to loyalty rep.
management very difficult to deal with. no communication, no positive support for new reps.
irrational customers is the hardest to deal with.
coworkers.
Pros
coworker
Cons
management
Great staff
ROGERS CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Work from home5 September 2018
I loved my job at ICT/Sykes. I left do to health reasons and I'm looking to get back into the workforce now. I loved dealing with the customers I had; I attempted every time I spoke with someone that I was able to provide them the best customer service that I could so going forward, there was no confusion regarding that issue again.
Managers are good, but work is very stressful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 August 2018
Do not apply to work for the client Rogers Communicagtions. Other clients of Sykes are likely much less stressful and demanding. You will end up working nights and weekends.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Cons
High Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K