Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Poor pay, no employee protection, micro managed
Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont.24 June 2018
The job is highly stressful, the customers are allowed to yell at you and your not allowed to end the call. Very abusive customers and Sykes expects you to take this abuse, The work hours don't allow for any weekends EVER. Work-at-Home isn't for everyone but if the pay reflected the level of performance expected by Sykes then maybe there wouldn't be such a high turn over rate.

Team Leaders expect extremely high level of speed for processing calls and if you don't finish your call/notes they kick you into the next call, no time to properly enter the needed information into tickets. Thats where quality goes down the drain. Customers want help - not to be rushed off the call.

The call metrics are way off...unrealistic and causes stress with staff. Focus on better and more 'customer care' staff, as they are the ones hurting your reputation with the extremely high wait times .

Pay your staff better and with 80+ agents online and available at anyone time, you CAN afford to offer better schedule options to keep your staff happy. The ICU is basically production, although they tell you its a training environment, no its not, its a LIVE environment.

Run away from this employer, terrible.
Pros
work at home
Cons
Poor wages, ridiculous schedule and no protection from horrible customers.
Customer Service Representative & Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region6 June 2018
Handling inbound calls is different from my other experiences, with this job i assist customers thru phone with their needs. I've learned on how to be patient in every scenario. I always keep my mind that customer is always right and have to advise positive answers with them. Hardest part is that when your customers didn't understand what your thought is that might help them with there concerns.
training very hard if not computer savvy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home Based4 June 2018
Work and training hours long and you are not allowed to miss any of the training days at the start. Have to set up your office that you pay for and do not get re-inbursed. Need to purchase home phone line and a few headsets and monitor. Have to have desktop PC.

Word of advice, If you apply for this job make sure you are good on computers, are comfortable with them. Be prepared to deal with angry customers for 8 hours a day once you start on the phones.

Could be a great job for someone who has no issues with the above as the work from home concept is great but not for everyone
Pros
decent pay, more than minimum
Cons
not much life work balance, work long hours
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PH21 May 2018
It was fun when I worked there though I only worked for 6 months just because of the management at that time. If the management was good enough to treat their employees fairly I would have stayed there for a long time. But again this is just based on my experience, it is still based on how you deal with your own issues in the company
Telemarketing, Sales, Customer Service, Technical Support Job - Work From Home
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
This company is excessively unprofessional and at times unethical.

Your conscious will continually be stretched to the limit, especially when they ask you to mistreat senior citizens.

A very hard company to work for.

Management has no prior business experience and they handle issues on a crisis only basis.

I do not recommend this employer unless you have no other options.
Pros
work from home
Cons
all else
Employees are priority
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phillippines20 April 2018
SYKES provides support to top global brands and industry leaders, including companies under the Fortune 500 roster. We are proud to support global front-runners in the fields of communication and technology, financial services, healthcare, transportation, and leisure industries.
work from home technical support position
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
work from home technical support position
management is full of apathy
managers will not support employees
terrible pay, minimum wage and they pay down to the second
no support from management
supply all your own materials
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything else aside from work from home is terrible at this company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 April 2018
I loved working at Sykes cause it was from my Home
it was awesome to not have to travel to work or spend money on babysitter

the job was great helping customers with billing and getting new products ie cellphones home phone cable and internet

i would get about 60 calls a day or more it was fast paced and great made the day go by faster some days it was so slow that we would get offed to jump off the phones for the day because it was so slow
Pros
work from home
i made a lot of good friends there
Inbound customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB20 March 2018
it was very stressful but i was also fresh out of highschool, so any job would have been stressful due to the change. but it wasn't terrible due to teaching me the responsibilities of hard work and being an adult.
Pros
my co-workers and assisting people felt great.
Cons
sitting down for 8 hours a day was hard on my back.
Not a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2018
I have worked here for a year and I do not like this job one bit. The only thing that makes it bare able is the fact that I work from home. You have difficult callers, and are forced to stick to a script and not able to use your nursing knowledge. The breaks are way too short for a 10 hour shift. It is an exhausting job! Call after call and no positive reinforcement from my manager. I don’t have anything positive to say about this job. The turnover is very high. 3 classes started after ours and more than half of them left. I would leave if I could find something else.
Pros
Work from home, decent benefits
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, isolating, too many more to name

Want to know more about Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated?

Ask a question
Sykes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB9 March 2018
It was a wonderful place to work when ICT ran it. When Sykes took over we lost our 20 cent raise every 1000 hours, there is no incentive to work there. I met some wonderful friends while working there and have had some wonderful experiences with customers both on the phone and through chat.
Sykes work @ home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2018
Very unpleasant company from management to hr they harass you for everything and say people are treated equally .If you want my advise don't bother with this company. Managers and hr laugh at you and always call you with another 2 3 people on the call to make sure they cover themselves and your alone bring a lawyer .
Pros
Nothing everythig sucks
Cons
Sucks
They make an effort
Responsable des classes de formation (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC8 March 2018
This company really tries to make the environment fun and inclusive. If you come in with a positive attitude and work hard there is definitely room for growth and promotions.
Pros
Free food
fun
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region1 March 2018
Everyone at the company was extremely friendly and engaging! They made me feel right at home from the first day. I would recommend applying here. Pros. Free food. Cons. Can get repetitive.
Soul sucking work and environment!
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario28 February 2018
This company SUCKS! Do yourself a favour and avoid them.

If you like to have every minute of your life monitored and be docked for being 1 minute late starting or 1 minute over on your break, then this is the place for you.

They will brow beat you into submission, or they will fire you. They do not like individuality. They want obedient drones, robots.......not human beings.

They can't pay me enough to put up with rude customers yelling at me and making unreasonable demands, and constant threats of being fired for silly reasons. Very stressful job!

I was fired out of the blue after 8 months with no real explanation/reason given. I had a meeting by phone with my supervisor 6 days before they fired me, and he told me he was happy with me and my work, and just keep doing what I'm doing.......go figure. That's okay though. They actually did me a favour because I was not happy there at all and wanted out. I was just waiting until I could find something else. Now I have all the time in the world to do so. Good riddance!!!
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Everything else.
it will suck the life out of you
Customer Service Agent and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 February 2018
Working for sykes was the most stressful and mentally draining job I ever had.
Yes you work from home it is like a virtual call center with the customers calling in. You work for a major telecommunications company assisting their customers with their accounts.
The issue is that the customers are horrible! They yell and scream at you and bully you into giving them a credit on their bill or free gb's on their plan.
you have 0 support when this happens and you are not allowed to stick up for yourself. If you do it is called a customer mistreat. The only time the managers will help is if the customers demands the manager or when they will be able to give the customer what they want otherwise you are on your own
You are expected to do 5 separate tasks (reconfirm email, voice ID, pitch, notes, resolution statement, reason codes) while on the phone with the customer and if you don't do those 5 things you are told about it.
Employees are rated all by statistics and ratings and if you didnt do well in one of those tasks all of your co workers can see that in the overall percentages.
Good luck ever getting a day off!!! Employees beg for others to take their shifts in an adobe room. Literally they beg, it's sad.
Your shifts are always the same with the same 2 days off in the middle of the week. But your start times vary.

Whenever there are changes you are never told ahead of time. You sign onto your shift and sometimes you notice the document but other times the customer tells you about the changes!!
Pros
not a boring job
Cons
very bad communication, poorly structured environment, no work/life balance
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines24 February 2018
We handle calls from the US, Customer service from different telcommunication company. Helping them with their bill inquiry.We also handled Technical problems with their phone lines
Ability to increase your typing skills, a decent enviroment and plenty of encouragement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB13 February 2018
No room for a salary increase, no way to climb the corporate ladder as it were, plenty of rewards for doing well at your job however such as a "Free Hot Drink Day" or a raffle.
Pros
Rewards, Auctions, Raffles, flexible hours
Cons
No way to advance your position, no raises or bonuses
Great Training
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 February 2018
I really appreciated the fact that Sykes gave us a proper 6 weeks of training before they out us out on the floor. Once it was time to hit the floor we got to shadow call with experienced representatives.
call centre
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 February 2018
answered phones to help people with their phones and any questions they had about there bill or phone. also called people about upgrades or overages on their bill.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K