Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Canada425 reviews

Found 425 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,937 reviews
rogerscentreinternetphonecustomserviceissuecustomer

No comments

I don't have much to say except that it working from home is nice but the schedule is never steady , neither are the days off. It keeps changing all the time . You can only expect to get a preferred schedule and days off if your performance is good. It is very sales oriented.

Employer doesn’t have employees interest at heart.

Poor management, not genuine and always giving employees the run around. Help is not consistent and answers are different depending on who you’re talking to.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Bad work culture

Insights into Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

stressful job

job is stressful, not for the faint of heart. most of management is unhelpful, unless you are their favourite. if this is only option shouldn't be here longer than a year.

Fast paced busy and fun work environment with the flexibility of working from home

a typical day at work is generally very busy with supporting Rogers residential customers with their issues ranging from internet to cable and home phone and plenty of opportunities to educate Customers and answer their inquiries. I've learned time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills to name a few. The working environment is a good mixture of fun and work most days. The most challenging part of my job is when things get really busy and hectic during outages and when we have a large queue of Customers waiting for support for several minutes or even hours sometimes. I'd have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is when I can help resolve the most frustrated Customers problems and make sure they're well satisficed and leave with a smile on their faces and with a good positive feeling ab out their experience with support and the company.

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Busy, hectic, stressful, wage limitations

No social life

It's a good company if you want to pay your bills but not for a future option, HR is good but the managers are expecting a lot from you and they pay you the bare minimum

Stressful work, very low salary

I didn't like at all working at that place, very low salary for what you do at work, only positive is supervisor or tms were good, training is really not enough

Good work place if you have no job

Got the job when i had none. At first it was tough because you have to manage time on each call but with time became muscle memory. Great Coworkers who are friendly and assisting and the customers arent bad either.Cons- maintaining timed calls

Pros

Health coverage

Cons

AHT management

Trop de controle

Trop de controle sur les employés. Par exemple, si on prend 31 min au diner, l’ordinateur se met à vibrer et sonner. C’est vraiment stressant.Beaucoup de retour si on ne vend pas assez de forfaits ou autres services/appareils offerts par l'entreprise. Vente à pression.

Pros

Contact avec l’equipe

Cons

Appels minutés

compensation to tenured employees isn't fair compared to the new hired agents.

compensation to tenured employees isn't fair compared to the new hired agents. management isn't easy to reach, the only good thing I can think of is that, sykes customers are somehow polite and nice.

Horrible job

Expected to do upwards of 7 to 9 extremely different departments. Not knowing what call you were getting next for what dept...and expected to maintain metrics in all depts..great way to burn out good hard working long time employees ..

Unproductive and stressfull not worth it

Worked in the remote division for a large communication provider. Co-workers were nice but the overall environment was very stressful. The pay was standard for remote workers at slightly above minimum wage, but all the responsibilities that came with the job was not worth the time or the degrading salary

I've worked at Sykes just under 6 years

Most of my experiences have been positive. I have nothing more to add. I've met some great people and some not so great. Where I currently work has so many people and I have made some forever friends.

Pros

I can work from home with my dog

Cons

Poor wages

Great training and support team.. management however...

I can't compliment the train and support team enough. They really do a great job preparing you to take your first call. They then stick by you, great to see.However, management has some... interesting takes on what they have to actually pay you for. If the computer they provide fails or their systems fail... despite it being their fault, you won't necessarily be paid. I sadly can't recommend working there because of this.

Yes please give me anxiety

This place gave me anxiety customers are rude and Always yelling at you and then the senior agents don’t help and are very negative and take every opportunity they can to try and tell you what you’re doing wrong and look for a problems.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

To much work for lil pay

Great opportunity to work from home.

Was a great opportunity to work from home and acquire experience. The schedule fluctuated. Was great for keeping my children home while I worked. Just not enough income to stay employed with them.

Good mngt. Good benefits and flexibility. Very faced based environment. Must be able to adapt to change. Like all call centers you get out of it what you put into it.

Very fast space

I like team work, questions will be answered right away and no forcing at the job and I love Managers and my supervisor and my co-workers all been very helpful. It's very easy to work because will been trained very well.

decent for first time WFH

No work life balance, hard to even go to the doctors. Minimum wage, a lot of rules to follow making it hard to improve. loading tools isn't paid for. High stress. Job requirements change without notice

It’s ok.

It was ok. At times demand of job doesn’t line up with the pay by any means. As long as you are able tackle fast paced quick to change situations you will do fine.

ok place to work

Supports are helpful. but work can be stressful with volumes of calls. You are being micromanaged. Minimum wage for a very demanding jon.. it is good for experience though

Pros

helpful supports

was ok

A typical day at sykes requires you to work independently remotely and take calls. The call volume varies throughout the day. It's decent as a supplementary opportunity but limited if you're looking for full time/career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement