Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 315 reviews matching the search See all 5,467 reviews
Telecommuting in an interesting way.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON17 January 2019
This was the LLC for a telecommuting infrastructure as a form of call center. Sykes provided a boot CD that turned your computer into a LINUX based Remote Terminal for their call center. However the call you needed to take still came in on a land line you were REQUIRED to have. This line was to be dedicated for their use. A number of issues would arise from this setup. If at any point your internet went out or if there was and internal error, you were effectively cut off from your tools, but still kept getting calls on your phone line. Management was communicated with via a chat client on the Boot CD. If there was ever an issue with your CD and you couldn't get back into the system then you were cut off completely. Any time you needed help you had to go through a convoluted internal messaging system that barely worked at the best of times. Ultimately, even though the job was advertised as a customer service, non-sales, position; it very quickly became a sales-first-customer-service-sometimes job. An interesting experience to say the least.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home, upfront costs, hardware costs (headset phone), Technical issues a plenty, Stressful work
Fun
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 January 2019
This is a call center atmosphere, always the same, dealing with good and bad clients on a daily basis. You learned how to detect a persons mood and attitude in a matter of seconds. The management was good as they tried to make the stressful job more fun by having different contests and games happening, The hardest was dealing with and extremely irate customer. The co workers were the best part of this job.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 December 2018
Great place to work and the benefits of working at home and the medical/dental/vision benefits as well are excellent.

Managers and supervisors are great and very approachable as well.
Horrible Company
Corporate Travel Consultant ( Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2018
I worked as a bilingual travel consultant. There's nothing good about that company. Training was too short. Lots of things to learn. Assessments after Assessments. They are very picky whom they choose. So, after doing 3 months training and passing all those assessments, is when you'll really know if you got the job or not. They have the Worst management ! I am still fighting to get my last paycheck from them. It's been 2 months now. I had to report them to Canadian Labor Law. My advice is dont waste your time on that company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long hours, short training, back to back calls, poor management, fire you for small issues
A Temp Agency in Disguise.
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON20 November 2018
I worked in sales for Bell Canada. You can have great calls with customers, making two and three sales per call, I was one of the top employees here for the 2 months I was working at the establishment. I wouldn't have had such a problem with the place if you weren't judged by people who do not seem to understand colloquialism and friendly conversation.

I believe that the human element and a willingness to understand are at the forefront of all professional engagements.

I guess this company doesn't see eye-to-eye with me. I suppose that's why they went out of business.
Pros
Lots of Hours, plenty of room to make a killing in bonuses.
Cons
lot of the other workers had "Given Up"
Fun as work form home
remote contract agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 November 2018
It is a comfortable job from home, as the start shift is 4 am and as well teh pay scale is not upto the market in BC thinking of options as family with 2 kids in BC is challenging.
Pros
work from home
Cons
timings and pay
"A Program"
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB1 November 2018
Well I worked for the company for 2 years. Most of the day was filled with dealing with billing questions about cell phones, and fixing issues with the customers profile within the website, days were long and draining. Most of the management was competent with the job, although most of the time they were there as a mediator if a situation got out of hand with a customer. I had to leave due to stress. Hardest part of the job was the stress that it put on your mind, people tend to say mean, offensive, or derogatory things when they can't see or hear who you are. I worked out of a center where there was a lot of people so it could get loud on occasion, now the area I was working no longer has the contract, however they still allow people to work from home.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
Very stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 October 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff members. Staff was always willing to assist in I needed assistance. Management was encouraging and understanding while I was learning.
Very busy taking phone calls from customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB25 September 2018
Responding to customers of what they want for service, assist the customers in getting the correct service. Lots of help to help you out when your not understanding something. Hardest part was when customers were very unhappy with their services. Best part was working with great colleagues.
Passable
Bilingual Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job with Sykes is that I get to be home with my kids and still work. I don't have to worry about commuting in bad weather or any of the other things those in regular office settings have to take into consideration every day.
difficult management culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB11 September 2018
answer calls.
basic csr then moved to loyalty rep.
management very difficult to deal with. no communication, no positive support for new reps.
irrational customers is the hardest to deal with.
coworkers.
Pros
coworker
Cons
management
Great staff
ROGERS CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Work from home5 September 2018
I loved my job at ICT/Sykes. I left do to health reasons and I'm looking to get back into the workforce now. I loved dealing with the customers I had; I attempted every time I spoke with someone that I was able to provide them the best customer service that I could so going forward, there was no confusion regarding that issue again.
Managers are good, but work is very stressful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 August 2018
Do not apply to work for the client Rogers Communicagtions. Other clients of Sykes are likely much less stressful and demanding. You will end up working nights and weekends.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Cons
High Stress
very organized
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB25 August 2018
typical day at work was taking customer calls and inquiries all day. I learned how to be a team played and properly engage with an irate client. hardest part of the job was the mental and emotional abuse endured while on these calls with the customer along with the fact there was no daycare or chances of having proper work scheduling for single mothers. most enjoyable part of my job was definitely my team lead. he made every meeting very personal and always made me feel appreciated and determined to keep improving my customer service skills.
Great perks for work at home, but...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON24 August 2018
Cons: You need to be ready to be pounded with call after call often with no breaks between. You are required to meet a strict metrics for performance of which sales is a MAJOR factor. Support system is really bad as it is all done by text. Often felt abandoned or misunderstood. Training does not fully prepare you for the harsh reality of taking your first calls.

Pros: Loved the extra pay per hour for Ontario work from home. Loved not having to adhere to strict grooming rules as customers never see you.

Left due to not being able to handle the stress and lack of support.
work from home
Bilingual Customer Loyalty Agent (Current Employee) –  Work from Home15 August 2018
I enjoy working from home. I enjoy the flexibility of the hours. I enjoy not having to drive to work in bad weather. I enjoy customer service and being able to assist customers.
Pros
work from home
Cons
stressful
Horrible
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2018
It was a work at home position, so the environment is comfy i guess. My manager was understanding and quite good at her job, however the work was terrible, the pay was dismal, training was awful and patchy, missing key details. and overall it was an unpleasant experience.
Tough
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 July 2018
This was easily the hardest job I ever had. Working until midnight was a challenge and I would never want to work at a call centre again. The strict sales requirements were more than a challenge.
Terrible experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 July 2018
RNs Beware!! You will NOT be told that if you don't pass a test in 3rd week it will be implied that you resign!! You will be asked to install a landline and purchase a shredder, webcam, headset, door locks for which you will not be reimbursed. The training is overwhelming and you're thrown a tremendous amount of information with no support. I would not recommend this job to anyone due to lack of good training and support.
Syke's
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB27 June 2018
Syke's was a great place to work, what made the job fun was the co-workers and supervisors. Everyone there contributed to making the day go by fast. Over all it is a shame to see it shut down as they employed a lot of people in the Miramichi and surrounding areas.
Pros
Co-workers and management
Cons
Ever shifting work requirements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K