Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Just like any other call centre sometimes the customers suck plain and simple. If you can't deal with that then this is going to be no difference. work from home is nice and the major reason why I applied. I've been working here for almost 3 years and still employed however changes to the management and constant changes to what we can and cannot do for the customers it does get trying at times.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Heathcare, bad customers, lack support at times.
I worked here for several months before finding something better. Sykes is terrible. Customers are mostly okay, but some are horrible and you are not allowed to hang up on them, no matter what abuse they are hurling at you. They are a VERY old school type of call centre with strict metrics and a competitive analysis of you and your team is given weekly so you can feel bad about yourself and try to work harder. There is zero concern for employee mental health. If you need a break after a particularly abusive call, you will be told you can have two minutes and not a second longer. You are expected to take calls back to back without a second to breathe. Calls are expected to be brief, and supervisors will encourage you to hang up on elderly customers where the calls take longer. Supervisors will hound you, listening in on every single call if you’re not getting 10’s on all the metrics. This company has a massive turnover rate. They spend 4 weeks training groups, just to have so many quit. I don’t get their mindset. Why not treat the employees a bit better? Be a bit more understanding and give them a little room to breathe? There are many other better call/contact centres to work at.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Everything else.
Training was ok, however, the “equipment” they sent was pure garbage and I was constantly being kicked out of the training room, which was very frustrating. No mentoring is given before you’re thrown onto the phones, expected to take back to back calls with no breathing time in between. I struggled with this and was publicly laughed at by a supervisor. I quit the day after the training was over. The stress wasn’t worth the low pay.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Hours are terrible
-a typical day at work- 7 hours shift, answering calls, trouble shooting customer issues- training provided about systems and products is very basic, totally inadequate to handle clients properly.-Salary is minimum wage. -Salary cuts for internet issues even if they were not related to you.
Pros
Work from home which saves time and resources
Cons
Low pay, inadequate training and support, salary cuts for internet issues even if they were not related to your service provider
they are fast paced, but the management and staff are very friendly, they are there to help you and work with you, would recommend if you are looking for a friendly work from home hob
I enjoyed working for Sykes Canada,working from home. It was fun environment even though call center customers can be very stressful at times, the company takes care of its employees. I quit only because I had to relocate to another country otherwise I would still be working with Sykes.
Pros
You learn many things and grow in your career.
Cons
Rude customers who call and give difficult time
Good pay, benefits and allows you to balance your personal life with your work life. I have made friends here and have saved a ton of money from working from home. It doesn't get better than that. :)
Pros
Promotes within the company
Cons
n/a
Sykes has been successfully offering and effectively operating a work-from-home business for years. You really can't beat the flexibility and comfort of working from home, with flexible schedule windows, an amazing, collaborative, work environment, and supportive leadership. Sykes is a great place to work.
Pros
Tremendous people. A very healthy, motivating and productive work environment. A great team, working together to build, innovate, and thrive, offering outstanding customer service to our clients, and our client's customers. This company has real and true values, and takes them very seriously.
Cons
Systems could stand to be updated, and integration improved upon.
The team is incredibly friendly and open . Easy to talk to your supervisors and lots of coaching available. The subject matter of the job is serious and there are many different departments that you can be cross trained on so there’s a lot of informational traffic.
Family like ambiance work @ home. Fulfilling. People are great. You feel like you've known your colleagues forever. Very helpful. And they are there for you every step of the way
I have been able to know great people during the time I have been working there that are my friend even though I not currenlty working there anymore. Also I learn more skills than any other place I worked before.
You are isolated with tremendous pressure to preform. In some cases you are give software to report issues and sell products that you have never used live before. The support process does not work. So-called mentors are not, they are condescending and you waste you time then get in trouble for taking too long. They promise bonus that are unatainable unless you lie.
This workplace suddenly closed without prior notice to employees. They posted a letter on the door stating they were no longer open and that those jobs no longer existed. They did not pay severance nor did they give notice.
Able to give you work and life balance. The work life here is to work together as one voice to represent our clients and provide the highest in customer service. Personally satisfaction is achievable by the assistance services we are able to provide.
Their training is professional, and the team leaders , trainers are cooperative and professional. They will guide you very well till you are able to do the job efficiently and effectively.
They let their client bully them into unreasonable expectations, then turn and bully their staff. They are supportive, but at the end of the day, your job is tantamount to doing the work of an air traffic controller having to manage 3 planes.
Pros
drug and dental benefits
Cons
unreasonable work intensity for minimum wage
They push you too hard to reach unattainable metrics. The management always seems to like to pass the buck when you have important questions in regards to the human resources part.
I worked from home customer service agent. The training was intense but still did not really prepare us for going on the phones. It was like a hit the ground running situation. It was hard to get trainers to help while on the phone with customers. Very stressful.
working a t sykes is like working in a factory in a third world country. they dont care about the welbeing of their employees, just results at a pace that is not humanly possible to attain.
Sykes has a collaborative and supportive group of Team Leaders and coworkers. Most people working there have a team spirit abou them. Benefits and wages are good but I was not in favour of paying for parking. Break times were reasonable as were the hours of work. Employees are well trained even thought the division was in a state of transition. Over all a good place to work.
To much backstabbing. One of the worst places to work. I was very glad when the company closed. Lots of poor office politics and procedures that were intimidating and demeaning to some staff