Sykes Assistance Services Corp.
Sykes Assistance Services Corp. Employee Review

Worst experience ever

3 May 2019
I don't usually write reviews, but if I could warn people about this company and help elevate the stress of another it was worth it.

This company is awful! After buying, out my own expense, a USB head set, a telephone headset, a monitor(to later find out a I needed a larger one) about $200 in October, I was told I did not make the training group session. Keep in mind you have to screen shot all these items individually and take pictures of your home office, modem and door with a lock. The reason for not being put in the group was that I didn't submit my pictures and 25 documents quick enough. I received my offer Wednesday and literally went to the store that evening, took my required pictures and completed documents and submitted on Friday. In the offer letter I was told the training session would start two weeks on a Monday. The whole weekend before I waited for a confirmation Skype/Zoom invitation. When I didn't receive one two hours before training class I emailed my recruiter whom said I didn't make the group and apologized. I said how did I not make the group when I was given all the details, start times, sent in my pictures and documents within a 48 hour period. She said other candidates were quicker. A courtesy email would have been nice right?

Against my better judgement and still seeking employment in later November, I received yet another email stating that there was an opening for a position and that I would start in January. I was also told that my spot was secured because all my documents were submitted. I thought great I have a new job and can enjoy the
 - more...
Pros
Working from HOME
Cons
Horrible disrespectful managers and trainers
29 May 2019
I love this job. I like helping people. I've grown my skills and have become more comfortable with my own abilities. I have wonderful coworkers. This job isn't for everyone, it can be stressful at times but it's possible to bounce back after a stressful interaction. The management at my location is very supportive in my opinion. If I have questions I can ask them and have them answered. If I want to progress, I can ask for that opportunity. Sometimes you'll get a customer who is a challenge but more often than not the people you assist are thankful. The feeling I get from helping people at this job is like nothing I've ever felt before and it makes me proud to work here.
Pros
Help people, room to grow, encouraging management, insentives, benefits
Cons
Occasional angry customers, scheduling can be difficult depending on your availability
30 April 2019
Same role
Started out great in the beginning. The training was intense, but still did not prepare you for dealing with the customers. During training the team leads promised maximum support to new Cust. Care Agents. Once on the phones the support was few, scarce they had you waiting so you kept customers waiting. Was stressful and NOT the greatest work experience. There is absolutely no job security. Bought cordless phone, took out new line and lost the job in 3 months. I among the last 4 which started out with a batch of 14. Do not believe their promise of support and help. All lies.
They also cut your hours drastically.
Pros
Cons
little pay for all the enormous stress.
30 April 2019
FIRED OVER THE PHONE while being off on sick leave, no reason given and they hung up when pushed for an explanation. Made it close to impossible to access benefits saying that you, have to come into the workplace lunchroom and use the computer there. Requested contact info for HR--they provided an email to contact. Had happen to and witness harassment and yelling at employees. Stay away from this hole. No raises ever unless government raises. Benefits cost too much. They dont care about the products they are providing. They definitely dont care about mental health. And again they fired for going on STD, a benefit which I payed for off my paycheck. Run run away from this place. I hope that they lose all of their contracts in the very near future.
Pros
Cons
Everything bad about a workplace is at Sykes