Switzer-CARTY Transportation Employee Reviews

SOOOOOO Happy I decided to finally come aboard
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2019
A lot of my friends have been working at Switzer for many years but I decided always to stay where I was. I felt by doing this I showed my loyalty - but the company never showed their loyalty to me so I finally decided to join Switzer. I am sooooo happy I did. I work with friends now afgain and feel like it is such a family environment. So many personal touches and these people know busing and really care -- they are not driven by corporate profit like where I worked before. Thank you for making my new job so nice. Great staff / management and owner.
Pros
family environment but vey professional
Cons
should have came to Switzer years ago
Different Here
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 April 2019
The company has many former employees from larger companies. They have experience and this makes the company function very nicely. It is a tough job being a school bus driver, but everyone here knows how to keep things positive.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Students can be tough to manage
Feels like Family Here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2019
This is the kind of company that you read about or see on tv. Coworkers care about others, management is approachable, and you just feel welcome all around here.
Pros
Get togethers
Cons
Congested roadways need to be carful when driving bus
Feels like Family Here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2019
Pros
Get togethers
Cons
Congested roadways need to be carful when driving bus
Love it here. Should have applied years ago
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2019
I recently decided to join Switzer - Carty as I have heard so many positive things! I am so pleased that everything is exactly as I heard . Great company, great people and you really feel welcome working here. I should have applied a long time ago. I have driven for a long time and was nervous to loose my seniority, but I have only gained and not lost anything!
Pros
Great management
Cons
Should have been working here years ago
Best Decision Ever Made going to Switzer-Carty
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2019
A lot of my friends work at Switzer already and they have told me to apply. I did recently and I am so pleased with my decision. I should have done this earlier. Great company, great management and a team environment. So much more different than the multinational I worked for. Thank you!,
Pros
Great people, staff, management
Nice Company to Work At
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2019
This is a great company to work for as you are treated well by everyone. This company gets it. It is a family oriented company but with professionals all levels of the company. I am so happy to have chosen to work for Switzer-carty bus transportation.
Pros
coworkers become your frineds
Small Things Make the Difference Here - Love it here
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 March 2019
Everyone is so friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. It is hard to describe, but you want to go to work because you do want to let your Team down. Management is always around to help. So different than any other bus company I have worked at. If you want to feel like you matter and the company appreciates, THIS IS THE COMPANY. I have should have made the switch YEARS AGO!
Pros
Great coworkers and staff
Cons
None so far
Amazing place to work
School bus driver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 March 2019
I enjoy going to work everyday for this company. I have worked as a school bus driver for other companies in the past, but have never been made to feel like part of a family as I do working for Switzer-Carty. It is nice to be treated as a "someone" when you are in the company of Management!
I think the hardest part of the job some days would be the bad weather day's, but knowing you have the support on the other end of the radio is very comforting and put nerves more at ease.
Pros
amazing people with caring hearts
Cons
shortage of driver at times
Sense of Community
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 March 2019
You get to know your fellow coworkers more at this company. There is a strong bond that gets formed working here. If you value relationships and want to belong to a team and feel good this is a company to work for. I love working here!
Pros
Get to know people, family feel
Cons
Not any I can think of :)
Great Place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2019
If you are looking for a great place to work then you need to come to Switzer-carty. This is kind of place that you get treated like a family member, not an employee. There really is a difference working here.
Pros
great culture
Cons
early mornings -- but it is the nature of the job
Nice Company to Work At
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
Pros
coworkers become your frineds
The best bus company
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2019
The company is such a breath of fresh air compared to the large multinationals I have worked at. This company actually cares about people. The CEO is around quite often and knows most drivers -- which is really unbelievable. If you want to be proud of where you work, join Switzer-carty and you will love it!!!!!
Pros
clothing, breakfasts, great employees who want to come to work
Cons
sometimes students are a bit to handle but you are supported by office staff
Great Place to work, it is a real family culture!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga13 February 2019
Always a friendly warm atmosphere!
You can ask questions to anyone and get a helpful answer.

They are always willing to try new things and improve what is already a great workplace.
Kind Caring Company
school bus driver (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 February 2019
Switzer-Carty is the best school bus company for how they treat their employees. Very supportive and a family culture where you are not a number.
I have worked for other companies and by far Switzer-Carty is the most supportive and caring and only company to provide good pay and benefits. Other companies have to follow their lead in my experience.
Pros
Great Company Culture
Cons
Not really any cons in my experience
Great Culture at Switzer Carty
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 February 2019
This is the kind of place you want to work at. This is a company that cares about its people and goes out of there way to make you feel like family. I would recommend this company as the only place to go if you want to be a school bus driver!!!!
Pros
company culture
Cons
early mornings
Good company
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON31 January 2019
I left because the school board canceled my run .the company when I was switched there from another company from the school board .I was told it was a family oriented company. It's not the drivers are treated like a number and it's the kids that pay they keep getting new drivers and in my opinion that can cause attachment problem with the the kids that I drove .
I loved my special needs run.
Pros
I loved working with special needs kids
Cons
The way management treats their driver's.no job security
As Company it is good
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2019
As a company it s good, however, they pay you 4 hours only per day and you never finish your work in 4 hours mostly 5. Moreover split work you can not control your day good, so a lot of waste time. The bad thing they have a very old buses more than 10 years ago in miserable condition.
If you look for bus driver try to get a full time job not school bus.
Pros
Medical benifit very week
Cons
split shift waste the day
driver summary
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Being responsible for driving children to school is a very important job and switzer-carty does its best to make sure that the safety of the children are priority but at time fails to secure the driver.

I found some days very stressful and there were no resources available for me as a new driver. After passing my test I was put out on my assignements that was it .
Friendly and fun
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 November 2018
Very friendly easy to get along with willing to work with everyone . Great hours no weekend only by choosing to to charters. Can take small children. So no babysitters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switzer-CARTY Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5