Play YouTube video button
Switzer-CARTY Transportation

Switzer-CARTY Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada129 reviews
Featured review
Switzer-CARTY Transportation selected this as a representative review
this is a company with old fashion manners and almost a way about people that reminds you of days gone. Friendly, honest, caring and not consumed like every other corporation about profits and more profits. Such a nice change to work for nice managers and employees.
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
wish Could be full time but you can get extra work
I joined over the summer during the pandemic and did not k ow what to expect. The training so was well done and professional. All the safety protocols in place are first class. The staff are just incredible. Can’t say enough how well this company is run.
Pros
Professional Top Notch Staff
Its like going to work, but a relaxed yet a high level of professionalism for the service they provide. Driving school kids, is very important and a person must have the 101% alertness to operate and drive a school bus.
Its not a work in the park! But its definitely rewarding!
Pros
Flexible hours and holidays.
Cons
Not enough hours, therefore, not enough pay.
I just wat to let people know that for a part time school bus driving job I feel more attached to this company than any other job had before. We have been off since March break but we always receive information and contact from company as they really care about everyone who works here. Feels good to have this valued feeling as employee.
Pros
Connection to company strong
Cons
Can’t wait to be back driving kids
This is a really caring company and collection of people. Drivers have been off since a March break but we get and receive regular calls and communications from many mamgement staff. They really care about people and this makes company so nice to work for. Thank you for checking in on me and others during pandemic.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Wish I was back at work
There's always a job to do. Covering runs and charters. Shuttling buses and drivers, picking up parts and equipment. Your bus is your mobile office. Office staff are great and dispatch is always friendly and eager to help.
Pros
Knowledge of streets and schools
Cons
Seasonal work and classified as part time.
It was a very different school year this year we all experienced. Even though we have been off work since March Break I still feel so connected to my Switzer family. We were looked after during our time off both pay wise and I spoke to office staff every week who contacted me. Such a great company with class all around from entire staff.
Pros
Coworkers staff and management
Cons
Off work from virus
Time oriented. Scheduled, Day consists of daily evaluation of your bus, then off to pick up children at specific places / homes. Off to respective school drop offs and back. Then the reverse at end of day/school day. All on a pretty detailed time schedule chart. (In a nut shell).

Potential issues, traffic, weather, parents, children acting up, difficulties with Bus, etc.

Joys - Children ;)
spend time with kids its fun. and also take own kids for ride. And also work few hours in morning and few hours in after noon. rest of day finish ur other works
Absolutely the best company I’ve ever worked for. The entire staff, management and owner are very friendly, laid back, approachable and professional. Highly recommend.
if you want an employer that really cares about its employees, then this is the company to work for. From the owners, down to the drivers, everyone is supportive.
The people do make the difference at the company. There is a culture that people genuinely care for others and this starts at the top. I have definitely realized this will be off during Covid. Can’t wait to be back with my bus family.
Our branch is not the biggest one in the company, as we are outside of the city. But our Leamington team is great and we all support each other, even now we still feel supported. We are all in this together.
As a driver who has been with the company for many years, I wasn’t too sure what was going to happen to us after we never came back after Spring breaks. Well, we have all been taken care of financially and continued to get weekly notifications from the branch. Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness during this scary time for all.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Want to go back to work
With the whole country in turmoil I am happy to receive information from our company which gives us information so I can reassure my family. Thank you for ensuring the drivers are taken care of. It is such a stress reliever. But thinking about it that is just the normal at our company :).
The time away during this pandemic has been providing time to think about what you like and miss when things get back to normal. I miss the routine of picking up students and saying good morning to the lovely ladies in dispatch. You are wonderful and missing everyone.
You know the old saying "You dont miss something until it is gone???", well that is how I feel right now as I MISS my Switzer bus family so much. All the pleasant people (drivers, staff, mechanics). I cant wait until we get back to transporting our kids.
Just want to write and say that definitely miss all my friends / coworkers as it has been a while since seen everyone, but thanks for the calls. Can’t wait to get back. Great company.
I was told by one of fellow drivers that my contribution matters and this made me feel good. I had to return to a school on our last day to pick up a missed student and bring them home. Not realizing we would not be going anywhere for who knows how long. I was “looking” to see what other opportunities may be out there now, but I don’t think there is a better spot to be.
Pros
Training and safety focus
Cons
wish I did this sooner after retiring
The owner and management are honest, fair and supportive. Provide training and regular evaluations. they work hard to create an efficient and stress free work envronment.
This is the best work environment you could ask for. Well run professional employer but with the small things that make a difference that you are a person and not a number. Best place I have ever worked!