Switchboard

Switchboard Employee Reviews

Faced paced productive

I enjoyed working for the financial institution and gained a lot of experience in different fields also have a good rapport and a team leader. I worked in Scotiabank until 2016 then took early retirement and would like to work Casual about 15 hours per week.

Position was very busy; had to focus on staying organized

It was a great job, friendly co-workers, busy days which made time fly by. After a year and a half I just moved on to another opportunity within the organization

Great people

It's a great community of people. Every sunday we meet up and discuss voice acting as well as learns trick sof the trade, not only that but the owners of the group also assist in finding us work in the voice acting field.

positive and fun workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. People are on average very happy and interesting. I am very much a people person and liked my job.We worked well as as a team too.

Pros

education seminars

Cons

shortage of hours

Productive and fun atmosphere, friendly environment

A typical day would involve operating answering phones; performing various administrative duties. Co-workers were friendly. Enjoyed helping customers. Learned a lot of how the office runs from day to day.

Productive and fun work place

My typical day at the workplace would be answering phones and applying for Business numbers, Setting up accounts, Credit applications, filing and organization and much more. I have learned a lot with this company, I have learned all about Custom Brokerage and Freight, Marketing, Credit and much more. The Management there is great. Always easy to talk to and very positive. The co-workers there make it a family. There are a lot of things to enjoy at this company. The people the work the get togethers you have. It really is a great place. There will always be a hard time at the workplace but theres always a lot of help that's welcomed and any question will be answered.

Your never end to learn something new

I always learn something new through my interactions at my workplace. It comes through my coworkers, through my daily tasks or through the customers. I make different jobs as a team player and individually which make me very versatile and better at decision making.

Pros

Learning something new and meeting a lot of people

Cons

To be fast and accurate in dealing with money

An excellent place to work.

Answered the switchboard from 200 calls per day to up to 700. Directed calls as appropriate. Set up conference calls. Manned front desk and received visitors.Did department time sheets and sent to payroll.Kept company directory updated internally and both externally on company website.Monitor and track problem calls. Follow up with callers and employees to ensure satisfactory resolution.Maintain clear communication with work group and management on current activities and relevant business issues.Enjoyed a great group of people who became almost like a small family together as I had been there along time.Hardest part saying goodbye.Most enjoyable when a customer personally thanked me for my help.

Pros

able to work with minimum supervision, gym. close to home, good wages. nice people as co workers. wages.

Cons

not too many.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switchboard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement