Switchboard Employee Reviews

3.8Pay & Benefits
3.6Job Security & Advancement
positive and fun workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 June 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. People are on average very happy and interesting. I am very much a people person and liked my job.We worked well as as a team too.
Pros
education seminars
Cons
shortage of hours
Productive and fun atmosphere, friendly environment
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2016
A typical day would involve operating answering phones; performing various administrative duties. Co-workers were friendly. Enjoyed helping customers. Learned a lot of how the office runs from day to day.
Productive and fun work place
Administrative Assistant Roles (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 April 2015
My typical day at the workplace would be answering phones and applying for Business numbers, Setting up accounts, Credit applications, filing and organization and much more. I have learned a lot with this company, I have learned all about Custom Brokerage and Freight, Marketing, Credit and much more.

The Management there is great. Always easy to talk to and very positive. The co-workers there make it a family.

There are a lot of things to enjoy at this company. The people the work the get togethers you have. It really is a great place.

There will always be a hard time at the workplace but theres always a lot of help that's welcomed and any question will be answered.
Your never end to learn something new
cash-office administrator (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, Toronto ON5 February 2015
I always learn something new through my interactions at my workplace. It comes through my coworkers, through my daily tasks or through the customers. I make different jobs as a team player and individually which make me very versatile and better at decision making.
Pros
Learning something new and meeting a lot of people
Cons
To be fast and accurate in dealing with money
An excellent place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kanata, Ontario11 January 2013
Answered the switchboard from 200 calls per day to up to 700. Directed calls as appropriate. Set up conference calls. Manned front desk and received visitors.
Did department time sheets and sent to payroll.
Kept company directory updated internally and both externally on company website.
Monitor and track problem calls. Follow up with callers and employees to ensure satisfactory resolution.
Maintain clear communication with work group and management on current activities and relevant business issues.
Enjoyed a great group of people who became almost like a small family together as I had been there along time.
Hardest part saying goodbye.
Most enjoyable when a customer personally thanked me for my help.
Pros
able to work with minimum supervision, gym. close to home, good wages. nice people as co workers. wages.
Cons
not too many.