Switch Health

Switch Health Employee Reviews for Tester

Tester9 reviews
Canada9 reviews

covidtestingremoteleadhealthshiftanswersend

Nice job while it lasted

I enjoyed working from home. My team leads were amazing. However, my job was terminated abruptly without prior notice. In addition to that, I kept getting emails and notifications that the company is doing great and that there is a lot of room for advancement. They kept telling us that future projects and opportunities are on their way. Then suddenly I got terminated.

Horrible company to work for

No regard for human life! Treat employees and clients like garbage. Zero communication, employees constantly abused. No clear direction. Management non existing. Rules changing daily. Overall not a good company to work for!

Insights into Switch Health

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Trust me run away! Micromanaging, toxic and no job security

Working from home is nice and somedays it's slow and relaxed. But other days it's so busy you can barely catch your breath - probably because they terminated so many people we're understaffed. You will get screamed at by patients on a daily basis. They change protocols weekly and do not properly announce changes and just expect people to somehow know?? I have never seen so much micromanaging in my life. We have to "check in" with the team lead every 10-15 min that we don't have a patient or else we'll be clocked out - they use threats all the time. They will lie in the interview just to get you to work for them. The shift times are not good and they added a new rotation so we only get 2-days off in a row, every 2 weeks. You will work every holiday unless you book it off 30+ days in advance. There is no room for growth and they have NO plans for after covid. They mass terminated over a thousand people and there is a constant threat of being fired. The leaders and supervisors are mostly nice, you have no interaction with anyone above a supervisor level. Overall it's a toxic company that is all about money for the senior management and does not care about you at all. The company is currently disintegrating as covid testing slows down.

Fun friendly place to work

I would ho back there to work any time now I enjoy working there ,my co-worker ate great we look out for each other always supportive,the leads follow us close they problem slove where and when needed Overall it's a good company to work for I wish I was still there but jod cuts because things are slow I hope that I will be called back when things picks up thete at the airport.

Pros

Cons

Yes the hours are long

Micromanaged Environment

For a fairly straightforward position there is a lot of micromanaging. Employees have to install a clocking-in app on their personal phone and must show a supervisor your phone while clocking in. On top of that, there is a physical sheet that you also have to sign in on. Supplies are at times either expired or sub-standard. Overall, management is not receptive to staff concerns.

kind of demeaning

this company had potential to be great... but sadly they went in the wrong direction. favouritism is BLATANT. they make you msg your TL every 10-15 mins to say your at your desk. why work with a company that doesn't trust you ...there are no direct contacts for the employer including HR. and when you try emailing no one responds.

Pros

work from home

Cons

management

I was happy in the beginning, but everything they said from hiring was different than what really is true.

I would not recommend working for this company at all. Their management is a complete mess, they are changing things every single day, and what they say one day is different the next.The pay is good but they do not honour what they say to you and they do not have WCB if you become injured. Clients are very unpleasant and swear at you, blame you for needing to be swabbed and sometimes throw things at you.Shift times are not great either, but I will admit its nice to book off your availability you need.

Pros

Good pay, some nice people to work with, easy to book off availability.

Cons

Clients get angry and throw things at you, swear at you, basically abuse you. Shifts aren't great. No WCB. Management is not organized.

Great job!

This telehealth position that I'm currently working as is a blessing, especially as we are still amidst a global pandemic. The ability to work from home offers me the flexibility that I currently need. The supervisors and team leads are amazing and my colleagues are awesome.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

N/a

Working remotely is great and helps me balance life

As a virtual covid tester, I really enjoy the opportunity to work at home. great team leads and everything is work in a great chain of command. Training was comprehensive and laid out great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switch Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement