Switch Health

Telemetry Nurse25 reviews
Canada25 reviews

covidtestingremoteleadhealthshiftanswersend

Not a bad place to work

Working from home was idealMost of the Supervisors were appreciative and supportiveAbuse from the public was frequentManagement sometimes unrealistic with the expectation of completing testing in 10 minutes considering language barriers and incomplete kits

Good pay, good benefits

Great company, good benefits. Management was good. Sadly the contract ended but I understand it was beyond their control but could have communicated better

Insights into Switch Health

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor management and policies

Very disorganized, poor communication from management. Terminated without cause, and without notice after one year. Emails go unanswered, change rules for things without notice

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Many

good because you work from home

pros : work from home, salary is okay, good co workerscons : not organized at all work weekendsconstantly change schedule, constantly change rules and sop

Cons

work weekends, no stabiltity

Terrible work environment

This company does not care about its employees. They make new rules as they go and you are forced to work every weekend and there is no flexibility with switching shifts.They have had 2 big lay offs, the most recent one was during shift where they fired people leaving the rest of us to pick up the slack. No loyalty or respect to their employees. I do not recommend this company. When you are not valued by your employer, why would you work hard for them? I give minimal effort now that I know they don’t care about us. Also they want our input on new ideas because they don’t have a plan once covid testing is done

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Disorganized. No respect for employees. Poor pay

Stay away if you are looking for secure employment.

I can only say that if something seems too good to be true that it likely is.I loved everything about my time at Switch Health and was given great feedback by management, while advancing to 2 different roles in my year of employment before abruptly being dismissed without reason or rationale. My offer of employment letter stated I was holding a permanent position. I would not have accepted a contract after almost 20 years of nursing.It wax excellent while it lasted though.

Pros

Cons

Abrupt termination without rationale

Work from home, easy to moderate depends greatly on clients.

Overall ok experience to work with switch. Terrible experience with no notice termination. They just cut you off whenever they feel like so. No job security but I guess we’ve been told that from the beginning, but still.

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Some clients can be rude, termination at their discretion

Good work-life balance but poor management and no job security

Terminated without notice. I was employed at Switch Health for over a year and this did not matter. Poor management and apparently no job security. Stay away.

Great work from home opportunity but unprofessional organisation

My tenure started with this company in its infancy. I would be considered an OG since I was hired 1 month after their work to perform at home COVID testing began. In March 2022 I was sent an email invitation to attend a meeting which turned out to be a termination. This company has shown me that employers have no regard for loyalty and dedication of their employees. I have referred candidates to this company and because of how poorly their termination process was done I would never recommend this company as a great place to work.

Horrible unstable place to work!!

If you want to wake up every morning not knowing if you have a job or not, this is the place for you. This company is very unpredictable, unprofessional, and unstable. They let a huge amount of us (few hundred) go without cause and then end up hiring a whole new batch all over again. They lie and say you will get a 3 months worth pay out then do not fulfil it and expect no replies from them after the fact. Very unprofessional and big time scammers. Cannot trust them as employers because they are terminating people 24/7 and have absolutely no idea how to run a company. There is absolutely no future here.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Unstable, not reliable employers, scammers, liars, management is horrible, HR is the worst I have encountered.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Switch Health?

Do not recommend

Management and Team Leads are the worst. You often receive conflicting information when asking questions. Absolutely no job security or room for advancement. This was an at home online position and you were penalized if you were having technical issues. Tech support never answered you in a timely manner. Your only option to connect with anyone was through email and often they went unanswered.

Temporary

It was great working from home for this company. However, working here was just temporary. The company can lay off staff in a matter of minutes. Someone from HR sent me a termination letter by email while I was working that day and without prior notice, while just some hours ago I was getting praised by my shift leads and supervisors for doing such a great job and for being such a hardworker. It's a great supplemental type of job, but please don't ever assume that you have a future with this company because you don't. If you are looking for a full time permanent job, then look somewhere else.

Pros

Remote work from home

Cons

Temporary and low pay

Nice easy work from home

This is the best job in the world. I was layed off. It was fun while it lasted.A permanent work schedule has to be created if you are full-time. Opportunity to be teal lead or supervisor with just 3 months experience on the job.

Great Place to Work

I have learned a lot at switch health with all the different testing's. I feel the workplace is fair and you feel heard by your co-workers. Whenever there is an issue I feel heard and supported.

Pros

Great pay

Poor strategic vision and plans for scalability

Relatively easy job as a Telehealth Nurse and pays decent for RPN. Leadership team all fairly nice but unable to give direct answers about constant changes to internal policies. Micromanaged by leadership team requiring check in's 10-15 min which felt like we were in elementary school. Town halls showed a lack of professionalism (i.e. slide decks had swear words). With rapid federal changes surrounding COVID, Switch Health was primarily focusing on testing and did not have a strategic plan to implement their other "initiatives" on time. With that, they hired a mass group of Telehealth nurses and then effectively immediately terminated a mass group. All accounts deactivated within 10 minutes which did not allow staff to connect with colleagues or say good bye. I believed in this company to grow in the virtual health world, not only during COVID, but post COVID. I feel that the potential of this company would have been great, but it is evident that management lacks the necessary expertise to drive new offerings and programs for all its employees. I hoped for the best with the company, but unfortunately Switch Health has dug up quite a big hole for their brand. In order to build a strong relationship with the employees you need trust and that was the foundation that was missing from Switch Health.

Grew too quickly and poorly managed

The company grew too quickly and although promoted from within that meant unqualified people where in management roles who could not provide leadership. Rate of pay for RN’s was abysmal however some of that was off set thru the work from home advantage. The lack of leadership and inexperience meant that often daily changes to operating procedures occurred which is okay if you are adaptable as a professional. Lack of planning for long term business plan of the company meant that as restrictions were lifted and testing requirements changed lay offs came because there was no insight into how to adapt and grow to keep your work force employed. The motto of the company was always “what ever is in the best interest of the company you must do to comply” and never considered a symbiotic relationship with their employees.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poorly managed with lack of leadership, unqualified managers

Never had a day's trouble...

It's a great job all around. I really have no idea what more could be asked for. Supportive, available, engaging, respectful, understanding, bit of a funny-bone on occasion, clear and FLUENT training approaches, TLs and Mgmt. make time for employees. Finally, good pay, benefits and work/home balance. I think there should be more decentralized care made immediately available for patients at home. Waiting too long for this in ON. Switch Health got it right. Onwards and upwards! Happy to be here for sure.

Pros

Everything mentioned

Work is good

Its a good company with great benefits. I really enjoyed working there. I hope i can keep this job forever. Theres a need for nurses to do the tests and they dont just quit on you like other jobs. They give you training and the managers are very supportive

Pros

FT you can choose your line, wfh

Cons

Salary is a bit low for RNs

Work culture is very nice

Working remote can be isolating. But you don’t feel that way working for switch health. Staff is very engaged with one another. Supervisors check with staff members on regular. It’s a good work environment for those who want to step away from busy in person work areas and work from the comfort of their home.

Best company/job ever! Remote work. Room for growth. Amazing staff to work with on the virtual platform.

Management is approachable and willing to work with your schedule, flexible hours, competent/wonderful co -workers and staff to lead. Love the job and plan to stay with Switch Health long term!

Supportive team leads

The management and team leaders are supportive and make you feel welcomed. Resources are provided and are accessible. Applications are convenient to use.

Pros

Not much stressful

Cons

Shift schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switch Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement