Switch Health

Switch Health Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse11 reviews
Canada11 reviews

covidtestingremoteleadhealthshiftanswersend

Great pay ... and that's basically it

No job security or advancement at Switch Health. Management was a complete mess. The work schedules were terrible, and constantly changed. The quality of PPE worsened over the months leading up to the final termination. Would not reccomend anyone to work there.

Pros

money and benefits

Cons

Long hours, no job security

horrible job, leave while you can.

bad management. horrible contract. laid off staff for no reason or warning. management doesn't care about it's staff. unprofessional environment. No job security. Benefits package they have is no use without job security.

Pros

work from home

Cons

everything else about the job

Insights into Switch Health

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Awful place to work

The only reason it’s good because of the team. Nurse leads are very supportive and will help. Management is awful. Micromanagement and clueless about everything. Tried to input suggestions and will only be shot down by management. The management have no understanding of what happens in the clinic and does not stop any verbal abuse from clients. Horrible… Worst management by far in my entire career working for them.

Only fun because of my workmates

This company is good at first then eventually declined after. Salary is okay at 27/hr. Support from team leaders is excellent. But the company has to terminate several employees due to travel changes.

Health care work from home opportunity

Great work life balance, with opportunity for growth from within. Pros- New company, new opportunities that do not yet exist- Supervisors encourage interpersonal development between coworkers even in a remote setting- Opportunity to meet individuals from across Canada that you would not have had the opportunity otherwise- Benefits and fair salary- Low pressure - Opportunities on the horizon for continued growth and expansion as a company- Daily meetings to reduce opportunity for missed updates- no micromanaging- Management approaches coaching as an opportunity to educate and support growthCons- New company growing pains- Ongoing evolution of policies and procedures can create confusion when direct communication to employees does not fully saturate

Pros

Work life balance, Salary, multiple shift options

Laid off and locked out 300 nurses without any notice

On March 23 2021, Switch Health send out 300 termination letters to health care providers and locked them out of their accounts without any notice. Prior to this, no updates on the current COVID-19 protocols and the company's course of direction was provided. Unable to access T4s during tax season due to being locked out Poorly managed layoffs. Untrained management staff. Nonsense is the key word. Millions of dollars received in government funding.

Pros

Online

Cons

Lay offs

Worst experience ever

I worked here for the longest time period possible for me (weeks!!).They tell you so much during the interview, but the reality has nothing to do. First they tell you about orientation, but it's just about completing manadatory training from the ministry; then one your first shift they tell you 15 min/call, about 2-3 hrs later your told to complete about 8 calls/hr, and so on...Extreme micro- management, imagine notifying TL before bathroom break!!If you care about your mursing skills, stay away from this, since they may not even give you reference for actual nursing job down the route.The pay is not that good considering you use your own computer, internet, and power

Pros

Remote

Cons

Distant management, unfair compensation, lost skills

An overall laid back and flexible workplace.

Been working here since May of 2021. This position allows for alot of flexibility especially with self scheduling. Rate of fPay is fair considering it is a remote position.

A workplace that micromanages and strips away all forms of autonomy

I worked as a virtual care swab nurse from March to September 2021. While I initially enjoyed the job for its flexibility and for the ability to work remotely, there were many policies changes that were introduced week-by-week. Some of these policies include messaging the team lead every 10-15 minutes if you haven't called a patient, to inform them with your calls are taking longer than 15 minutes. Some shift leads would also message you if you're taking too long in a call. Why work for a place that doesn't trust you and offers no sense of autonomy? There was no avenue to grow professionally.

Pros

remote work

Cons

management

I really enjoy working for switch health. So many opportunities for growth and/or working in different areas. Strong communication and teamwork. Very friendly and supportive. I highly recommend this company. ❤️

Pros

Hours, wages, benefits

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Switch Health?

Working remotely is great

As a telehealth nurse, I really enjoy the opportunity to work at home. Although, days may feel long because of the low call volumes. I would recommend team leads to communicate when there are no patients because sometimes even if I report that you have not received a patient for a long time, I do not receive feedback from some of them.

Pros

Pay is good, break is 45 mins, benefits are great.

Cons

Team leads to communicate more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switch Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement