Switch Health

Customer Service Representative21 reviews
Canada21 reviews

covidtestingremoteleadhealthshiftanswersend

Ok

The company is OK. Most of the staff are friendly but some of the managers need some training. They micromanage and make a good work environment toxic. There's some favoritism but as long as you have it at the back of your mind that you are just a number that can easily be let go, you will be fine.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Job security

Work from home

This was a good place to work. Fair pay and not overworked. Hours were reasonable. Only gripe is that they promised every second weekend off but I ended up working every weekend

Insights into Switch Health

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

All good but no job security

I worked here for 9 months as a CEA and was terminated in mass termination due to shortage of work randomly on a day on the spot which was a surprise. They kept saying they have new project coming in and our jobs are safe which was lie. This is the only thing i did not like.On the positive side of it, they pay really good and work load was fairly reasonable which was not extremely fast and under pressure. Managemet and TLs had minimum to no botheration in what i was doing. It was a very peaceful and calm work environment. I was enjoying working here.

Worst place ever!

Worst place I have ever worked. They promise all kinds of things in interview like pick your own shifts growth advancement and none of them were true. Scheduling is random and unfair. Never get schedule In time. Changes all the time with no noticed. Not allowed to talk to the person who does the schedules and managers just tell you too bad. Laid off tons of people so schedule and morale is worse than ever!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Don’t work here

Their pay at the beginning seemed worth it, but you’ll soon learn otherwise.. managers don’t help.. you can literally never reach HR. They refuse to even give you a phone number to contact.. they do lay offs in large groups randomly after saying it’s a full-time role! Trainers don’t like to assist, they speak to you as if you should know it all, and if you ask for help they will make you feel stupid for even doing so.

Nice people

great first job! training is great and helpful links to make it through the day. Everyone working is very helpful and will give you a call to show you exactly what to do

Difficult job with no respect from the company.

Disappointing experience. High stress job with angry clients. Very little support from management who just gave vague answers to pass on to clients. They recently 'terminated' hundreds of employees with zero notice in an online 'meeting' (where you couldn't speak or interact) lasting 5 minutes with someone from HR reading a script. Then everyone was locked out. So much for valuing their front line employees as they often claimed. Very poorly handled. It shows the lack of experience in this company that starts at the top and runs throughout the organization. Avoid.

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Zero respect or appreciation for great employees.

Work life balance and pay is good but management is not

You have on average 15-20 calls in 1 day so its easy but HR is so bad, and so is management. Your job is not secure at all. Good performance reviews but no recognition. Also, promised us an expansion but instead fired everyone.

Nice coworkers, bad management

Worse work experience ever. They don't care for their staffs and often times throw people under the bus. Management fail to send out emails or text messages when it gets bad during spikes, they just let the agents get the bad end of the sticks.

Good

It was okay learned a lot. You should work here too if you want too pay and good work life balance. Only issue might be management but that’s okay don’t worry

Easy work with lots of dysfunction and lay offs

Things start off well. Training is 5 days and they prepare you well for your first day. However, soon after, things start to fall apart. There’s updates every other day to procedures. Which makes being on the front line of customer experience difficult. You can tell a client one thing and by tomorrow it’s completely wrong. They’re a relatively new company and it shows. A lot of their business flow and procedures are either nonsensical or redundant. On the bright side, call flow is normally light. Around 3-4 calls an hour. Management is useless if you have any client issues. They give you the same rehearsed and generic answers. Call reviews are the biggest scam as well. They’ll dock you marks off on procedures that were never taught to you or that they keep changing. Unless you’re reading from a script every call good luck with getting anything above 15 on a call review. Even with all that being said, switch health was a decent work place. The job was repetitive but pretty easy. Unfortunately even though switch health received over $100 million from the government. On March 17th out of nowhere they decided to lay off between 300-500 staff members effective immediately. All we got was a 10 minute phone call and before the call was even over all our switch health accounts were terminated and termination letters sent. We didn’t get a chance to say bye to colleagues or even save any personal files.

Very unorganized and no long term goals

The only pros are the pay and the company provided laptop. The level of inconsistent information and constant change of procedures is absolutely ridiculous. Everything is micromanaged from the time you spend going to the washroom, to clocking out a minute late. When you send the managers a group message with questions regarding the inconsistency of information or concerns you receive no reply. . I have never worked anywhere with such little consideration for staff, you are expected to be a robot. Constantly given inaccurate information on test result timelines and when it passes, the clients call us back angry. Management refuses to assist and tells you to repeat the same verbiage to the client over and over again. Time off requests are not respected, I had a four-month open availability requested a singular day off a month in advance for medical reasons which was denied. Monthly hundreds of Cea’s send emails trying to work together to swap shifts as no one’s availability was respected. No respect for employees, during orientation Full time employees were promised to only work Saturdays every two weeks, I have worked Saturdays for three months straight once again when you try to reach management no one seems to know what is going on. Just very unorganized. There is no internal job board so no room for growth. Everyday team members were being let go , but every time we asked about job security they laughed and told us not to worry. I would only recommend this job as a stepping stone as this company has no long term goals , it is too unorganized and in need of new management -

True Remote Work

a truly complete remote position with 1 week paid training.all your equipment will be sent to you and pay is decent with decent benefits as well.pros: good pay, good benefitscons: not much room for advancement or pay increases

Good pay. Easy work

The pay is good. The work is easy. Usually pretty slow paced so it’s relax and you can breathe and not get stressed but when it’s busy, it’s crazy. Easy calls but just back to back to back calls for a few hours. Leads and management need a little bit of work lol but they are figuring it out. The hours … let’s put it this way .. they give you whatever shifts they want so don’t even put in an availability, they ignore it completely. You’d have to complain to MAYbE get a decent shift. But you’re remote so it’s mostly chill.

Better be available to work at ANY time

If you have full availability and want to work anytime with no consistent schedule, then this is the place for you . They ask your availability each month, but it does not matter as they will schedule you completely outside of your availability with the expectation that you will be there for that shift. Students, or people looking for a day job- beware!

Pros

Nice team to work with

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling with no regard to availability

Lack of job security, lack of communication

I love the whole work from home job. It helps a little bit with the stress that comes with it. The pay is fair for the position. However, the job security in this company is very very low. I communicate with other workers and they feel the same way. The communication between Team Leads and CEAs needs improvement as we have one TL saying one thing and another TL saying different thing. A lot of people feel threatened that they’re going to lose their job based on how management handle things. They never really help improve your skills they just tell you what you did wrong. Scheduling is another thing that really brought everything down. I was informed that when I put my availability down months ahead, I will get that schedule. However, the experience I had with schedules have been the opposite. I got schedule for the times that I wasn’t available and when I inquired they sent me a “receipt” of my contract stating I agreed to be available basically 24/7. The info I got first was if I scheduled months ahead I will get the scheduled I asked for and that I was a morning CEA meaning I only get scheduled mornings which works with my schedule. The work-life balance for this company is really really bad. If you have a life please dont work for them.

Pros

Fair pay, work from home

Cons

No work-life balance, management, lack of communication and job insecurity.

Mediocre

It’s not a horrible job, but there’s so many minor ways to improve but it seems like managers are inconsiderate. People are not available 24/7. We all have lives, other jobs, families, responsibilities etc. You Cannot schedule someone whoever you feel like it. It is such a simple fix. Why don’t they hire people for a specific shift time like all other jobs do? I have no clue. It seems like the management/ recruitment team is full of idiots, a 5 year old can solve this problem. You have to be on your toes when schedules come out to begin switching shifts with other coworkers to fit your schedule. It’s beyond frustrating for a full time position.

Pros

Benefits and remote work

Cons

No raises, appraisal or advancement. Penalized for taking breaks or being unavailable.

Good pay with a mess of a system

A typical day at the job as a CEA consists of helping clients over the phone with easy conflicts (ex. changing passwords, sending replacement home kits) there are only very few calls that were complicated so the job is quite easy. When I first got hired the lines were not as busy, but after the holidays (Christmas) the calls have been back to back, and with the new government mandate plus the rise of covid cases be prepared for a hectic environment. Management is disgusting. There is no work-life balance whatsoever. Have another job? School? Kids? STAY AWAY. When they hire you they tell you your availability will reflect your schedule, but in production the scheduling is frustrating. Scheduled out of your availability all the time, even on days you request off, expected to work early shifts from 5 am to late shifts that end at 11 pm, and even when asking from accommodation with proof of documentation the managers still will not budge so you're left in a stressful situation with having to choose between your income and your obligations. The only upside to the job is the good pay and being able to work from home, but the workplace culture is revoltingly awful. My Advice? Take that other job.

Pros

Good pay, Work from home

Cons

Disgusting management, no work-life balance, stressful situations, horrible scheduling

Just starting but already awesome

I am a new employee, but I have to say that I am very impressed with HR. They are easy going and the group interview felt like friends having a chat. Very relaxed and personable. I am so happy to work remotely and know that I am bringing my best to a company that is front line in the fight against coVid.

Pros

Great rate of pay

Cons

Contract work

One of the worst work experiences I've ever had

I do not recommend working for Switch Health unless there is absolutely no other alternative. I was a CSR there for a few months, and it was enjoyable at first. The call volume can be quite low at many times and most calls received are easy troubleshooting calls from elderly people needing help accessing the telehealth platform. Also, the salary, opportunity to work from home, and (mostly) kind and understanding staff was a plus. That being said, the negatives far outweigh the positives. Once it starts to get busy and the platform gets flooded with clients, the calls become back to back (which is not an issue in itself), but this causes a problem where clients will be kicked out of the telehealth call. The solution to this was mainly to ask the client to try again later, which would cause them to worry that they would suffer repercussions for not completing their COVID testing on time. This, and the poor system in place for recovering said tests and delivering them to the labs, caused multiple escalations that many supervisors were unwilling to take without a large amount of convincing. During one of my calls, while attempting to escalate to a supervisor, I was told to repeat the same thing I had already told the client multiple times (by the same supervisor). I tried to convince them for 45 minutes straight (the call ended up lasting an 1h15min). When I returned to the client to let them know I was still trying to get a supervisor on the line, they asked why my supervisor did not want to speak with them and I had no answer for them. Having once been a supervisor at another -

Pros

People speak kindly and CSRs try hard to support each other, Work from home

Cons

Actual support team is inexperienced and seemingly unwilling to provide proper support, Callers are often excessively irrate due to issues that are incredibly hard to justify, Being flexible in terms of schedule is expected only from the employee, and not the employer, Knowledge base is barely informative, expectation is to take notes instead of being able to find information on various platforms

Great place to work!!

Laid back and helpful, people work with you to help you succeed :)Coworkers are great, management is awesome and when you need help help is provided promptly.

Pros

Great pay, laid back atmosphere, helpful, great schedules

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switch Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement