Switch Health
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Switch Health Employee Reviews

Canada94 reviews

Only fun because of my workmates

This company is good at first then eventually declined after. Salary is okay at 27/hr. Support from team leaders is excellent. But the company has to terminate several employees due to travel changes.

Horrible company to work for

No regard for human life! Treat employees and clients like garbage. Zero communication, employees constantly abused. No clear direction. Management non existing. Rules changing daily. Overall not a good company to work for!

Terrible work environment

This company does not care about its employees. They make new rules as they go and you are forced to work every weekend and there is no flexibility with switching shifts.They have had 2 big lay offs, the most recent one was during shift where they fired people leaving the rest of us to pick up the slack. No loyalty or respect to their employees. I do not recommend this company. When you are not valued by your employer, why would you work hard for them? I give minimal effort now that I know they don’t care about us. Also they want our input on new ideas because they don’t have a plan once covid testing is done

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Disorganized. No respect for employees. Poor pay

Trust me run away! Micromanaging, toxic and no job security

Working from home is nice and somedays it's slow and relaxed. But other days it's so busy you can barely catch your breath - probably because they terminated so many people we're understaffed. You will get screamed at by patients on a daily basis. They change protocols weekly and do not properly announce changes and just expect people to somehow know?? I have never seen so much micromanaging in my life. We have to "check in" with the team lead every 10-15 min that we don't have a patient or else we'll be clocked out - they use threats all the time. They will lie in the interview just to get you to work for them. The shift times are not good and they added a new rotation so we only get 2-days off in a row, every 2 weeks. You will work every holiday unless you book it off 30+ days in advance. There is no room for growth and they have NO plans for after covid. They mass terminated over a thousand people and there is a constant threat of being fired. The leaders and supervisors are mostly nice, you have no interaction with anyone above a supervisor level. Overall it's a toxic company that is all about money for the senior management and does not care about you at all. The company is currently disintegrating as covid testing slows down.

Do not value their employees

The job itself was easy. Absolutely no training provided. Coworkers were made to fend for themselves and learn from each other. Excessive amount of micromanagement from the manager. My supervisor however was great. Upon hiring, EVERYONE was told that once Covid testing was completed there would be many other opportunities for us. After 3 months they terminated hundreds of us without notice. The termination was sudden and was what seemed to be a prerecorded message from an HR representative. Seemed very cold and disrespectful. Switch Health Absolutely does not value their employees. Its disgusting to treat people like this. They got their millions of dollars contract paid out and thats all they cared about. Would never work for them again.

Pros

Easy work, decent pay

Cons

Empty promises and mass termination without notice

Don’t work here

Their pay at the beginning seemed worth it, but you’ll soon learn otherwise.. managers don’t help.. you can literally never reach HR. They refuse to even give you a phone number to contact.. they do lay offs in large groups randomly after saying it’s a full-time role! Trainers don’t like to assist, they speak to you as if you should know it all, and if you ask for help they will make you feel stupid for even doing so.

Fun workplace but workers are left on their own as to what activity they want to do on breaktimes

i still believe and would recommend that workers/employees should be trained or at least attend a day ortwo ofOrientation that involves training on the job to be assumed, understand work policies and how to conduct themselves while at work. the expected work ethics to be followed by everyone at work.

Good overall

Good experience during covid times , good management team. Very good pay and guarantee hours. Support from everyone in the company. Good job for the pandemic

Stay away if you are looking for secure employment.

I can only say that if something seems too good to be true that it likely is.I loved everything about my time at Switch Health and was given great feedback by management, while advancing to 2 different roles in my year of employment before abruptly being dismissed without reason or rationale. My offer of employment letter stated I was holding a permanent position. I would not have accepted a contract after almost 20 years of nursing.It wax excellent while it lasted though.

Pros

Cons

Abrupt termination without rationale

Work from home, easy to moderate depends greatly on clients.

Overall ok experience to work with switch. Terrible experience with no notice termination. They just cut you off whenever they feel like so. No job security but I guess we’ve been told that from the beginning, but still.

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Some clients can be rude, termination at their discretion

Loved every minute.

Genuine company with big growth. The department I was in was supportive, reflective and helped with personal development. Had to be quick, flexible and adaptive based on government changes. Different degrees of pace: fast, slow and moderate. Grateful for this company.

Pros

Amazing team. Work from home.

Great overall

Is a really good company. The only issue they have is about the job security. You don't get clear answers from them. Although benefits package is good and pay is great too

Health care work from home opportunity

Great work life balance, with opportunity for growth from within. Pros- New company, new opportunities that do not yet exist- Supervisors encourage interpersonal development between coworkers even in a remote setting- Opportunity to meet individuals from across Canada that you would not have had the opportunity otherwise- Benefits and fair salary- Low pressure - Opportunities on the horizon for continued growth and expansion as a company- Daily meetings to reduce opportunity for missed updates- no micromanaging- Management approaches coaching as an opportunity to educate and support growthCons- New company growing pains- Ongoing evolution of policies and procedures can create confusion when direct communication to employees does not fully saturate

Pros

Work life balance, Salary, multiple shift options

this is not good

this place is not a good place to work and there is no job security. management doesn't really care about their workers. the job itself was good and fun but management ruined it

Nice people

great first job! training is great and helpful links to make it through the day. Everyone working is very helpful and will give you a call to show you exactly what to do

Good work-life balance but poor management and no job security

Terminated without notice. I was employed at Switch Health for over a year and this did not matter. Poor management and apparently no job security. Stay away.

Productive and busy workplace

Enjoy the workplace. Really busy and very productive. Coworkers and management are all nice. It gets busy most of the time, but there are still times when it's quiet

Difficult job with no respect from the company.

Disappointing experience. High stress job with angry clients. Very little support from management who just gave vague answers to pass on to clients. They recently 'terminated' hundreds of employees with zero notice in an online 'meeting' (where you couldn't speak or interact) lasting 5 minutes with someone from HR reading a script. Then everyone was locked out. So much for valuing their front line employees as they often claimed. Very poorly handled. It shows the lack of experience in this company that starts at the top and runs throughout the organization. Avoid.

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Zero respect or appreciation for great employees.

Great work from home opportunity but unprofessional organisation

My tenure started with this company in its infancy. I would be considered an OG since I was hired 1 month after their work to perform at home COVID testing began. In March 2022 I was sent an email invitation to attend a meeting which turned out to be a termination. This company has shown me that employers have no regard for loyalty and dedication of their employees. I have referred candidates to this company and because of how poorly their termination process was done I would never recommend this company as a great place to work.

Stay away.

Terrible company to work. Horrible management. Low pay. They don’t value employees, forget about growing within the company, unless you are best friends with your direct manager or work every shift overtime ( without overtime pay).

Work life balance and pay is good but management is not

You have on average 15-20 calls in 1 day so its easy but HR is so bad, and so is management. Your job is not secure at all. Good performance reviews but no recognition. Also, promised us an expansion but instead fired everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switch Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement