Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Not in touch with today's wages or employee moral
Tanker Driver/Aircraft Fueller (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 March 2018
The management structure leaves much to be desired. In an effort to build redundancies within, no one takes the position of leadership. Rather the team has no idea and is in a state of confusion. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Us versus them mentality.
I like working under Aircrafts and there is perfect team works there
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 March 2018
It’s easy to have the job put you have to cross many exams it won’t be hard and you have to be careful because you safety is first and the people around you you have to be so careful when you do every single thing .
Hard word when your busy but allow you to relax when you have downtime
Chief Shop Steward (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2018
Hard place to work due to inclement weather . due to the type of work you can learn alot of transferable skills that will help you move top other departments. Management is good but very complacent in the positions held and therefore are not interested in change . The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you could flight on stand-by when you showed up and worked when it was tough weather for all.
Pros
Down time you are allowed to go to full gym help encourage fitness
Cons
Extremely bad weather in winter and heat in summers as well as shift work .
potentially great place to work always something new to do or learn.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2018
Swissport is a very large company world wide but the management style has to change or they will continue to lose ground to their competition who have made great gains lately . As a large company they have potential for advancement and innovation but these things seem to not be their priority and it shows in the lose of business to other companies.
Pros
large company with chances for advancement
Cons
long hours with not much chance to change .
Overall a great company
Grooming Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Enjoyed my time there. Easy learning. Good Salary. Lovely co workers and atmospere. I enjoy the airport. I was good at what I did.
pax
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 February 2018
The job is fun. When you know the system you get more change to go else. But pay is pretty low. but just need experiences is good for career. co-worker is nice.
Je ne recommande pas cet emploi.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 February 2018
L'équipe de travail à l'aéroport de québec était super! Cependant, le patron n'est pas flexible sur les heures et l'échelle salariale est très nulle. Il est presque impossible d'augmenter de salaire même si cela fait plusieurs années que tu travailles la Que tu aies une famille ou que tu sois aux études, il est impossible d'avoir de congés ou d'enlever une journée de travail pour te consacrer à tes études. L'emploi est génial mais le patron laisse vraiment à désirer.
Pros
Équipe merveilleuse
Cons
Patron et échelle salariale
Travail agréable
Agent grooming (Current Employee) –  Aéroport de Montréal15 February 2018
Travail pour pouvoir payer son loyer, manger, sortir avec des amis, mais salaire pas assez suffisant pour une famille
Lots to learn and never gets boring
Agent/Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 February 2018
-Job never gets boring
-Hardest part of job is dealing with problems you never encountered before in a timely manner
-Enjoyable part of job is the satisfaction of learning about aviation through work and getting flight benefits
fun workplace
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC12 February 2018
It is a fun workplace for students looking for a part time job. You have to be ready to work long and unusual hours such as 02:00 to 14:00 (really early in the morning). The salary is not high enough for the job and responsibilities you have but if you really enjoy doing your job, the salary is not that important. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to have lots of fun while you do your work. The supervisors are amazing and funny people to work with and everyone is very friendly.
Pros
if ever you travel with the airline you work with, your ticket could potentially get upgraded.
Cons
long hours, no flight benefits
Typical slave roles
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
Long hours and very minimal advancement for any position. Most people who work here are 40-50+ and that gives new recruits no room for any promotions due to senority
Fun Work Place
Ramp Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2018
Fun to work, helps you get through school, flexible schedule.
Always show up on time
You make alot of friends and connections
Dress according to the weather
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Long Hours
smells like bad stuff
Cabin Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC26 January 2018
this job isnt really that good, i wouldnt suggest it to anybody, the management is terrible and let anyone get away with anything, the union is terrible they dont actually know how to protect there employees the way they should. the pay wasnt enough close to a decent salary compared to the rest of the airport
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Worked at many airport companies, swissport was the worst.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2018
I worked at swissport for 3 months, I worked at many other companies in the past at the airport.
Swissport has the most useless management ever. I use to show up to work and be getting bounced around between multiple flights. There is an extremely high turnover rate, benefits after 1 year and their equipment was horribly maintained. They definitely break many different labor rules on a daily basis, this company needs a government audit. I have done wide body flights entirely on my own, imagine loading 700 bags into containers to be loaded onto aircrafts (these bags weigh anywhere between 10-70 pounds. Your hard work doesn't mean a thing, they only care if the flight goes out on-time. I'd say only work here if you REALLY can't find another job. Your back will go very quick working here. The airlines they service have extremely heavy bags/cargo. The hardest part of the job is definitely the heavy lifting, working in all kinds of weather conditions and working with other workers. The most enjoyable part of this job is the aircraft, swissport services many wide bodied aircraft that I absolutely loved working on. The boeing 787 was my favorite aircraft to work on. You will start off in the bag room for at least 6 months before moving to the ramp, unless you have previous experience.
Pros
Free lunches at times, seeing different aircrafts, some workdays may only consist of one flight per shift, overtime is easily obtainable.
Cons
Horrendous management, Equipment poorly maintained, health Benefits are mediocre, no flight benefits, sometimes doing entire flights by yourself.
Great atmosphere and team work !
Agent de cabine (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC21 January 2018
I enjoyed my time working for the company Swissport. I learned that working as a team is enjoyable and that cleaning which is one of my skills can actually be fun when working in a positive atmosphere. I enjoyed the long breaks and most of the leads were great! I hope in the near future I can join this work environment again but maybe in a different field.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
long breaks
Lounge Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2018
Working at the lounges are a great place to work and the hours are not guarantee but you would have to bid schedule base on sonority. Management needs improving but workplace culture is fantastic. Salary/Benefits you have to keep an eye on because they are always making mistake when it comes to paying out.
Pros
great team work
Cons
poor management
Company doesn’t care about employees
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
This company was the absolute worst nightmare to work with. Most of management have no clue what they’re doing or saying. They are prejudice towards different people like foreigners and mentally disabled.
Your job gets threatened over following simple rules. They don’t follow WHMIS or ESA. They only care about money. No flight benefits or anything.
Run from here and go to Air Canada....
Pros
Airplanes are cool
Cons
No respect, clueless management, drama llama peers, too much over time
A good place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Pearson International Airport8 January 2018
A good Company to work for. The Company if fair in it's dealings with Employees. Able to be promoted if qualified, has many jobs within the Organization. Is committed to Customer Service.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Hard Labour
work place culture
agente passager (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC28 December 2017
I absolutely loved my job. I really enjoyed interacting with the customers. I enjoyed working in an airport very much. I felt important I felt like i belonged. The only problem was that I was working minimum wage which could not pay the things that I needed to pay. I ended up working crazy hours just to be able to live with the bare minimum and still struggle.
Pros
Amazing job
Cons
no benefits
fun but unorginzed
Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2017
very unorginized and pay it too low, the head office is way too busy, they don't answer the phones ever! training is WAYYY too long! and the shifts and schedules and not made properly
Pros
meet new people
Cons
pay too low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.