Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

fun and always learning
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
I done ramp for three years and going into my fourth year. Meet new people above the wing or below the wing. Meet new demands and busy each gate when the plane arrives.
Pros
Every new day is not the same like yesterday. Fun and movaited.
Cons
No pay increased until the next 3 years.
Horrible horrible experience
Loll jamais (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2018
Ils devrais bannit cette entreprises au Québec, condition de travail médiocre , personnel nul et incompétent, salaire 12$ heure a l'aéroport de Montréal service au passager c'est terrible, horaire que dire , microbe , malpropreter , punaise de lit fait partie du personnel , breff c'est une honte d'avoir cette compagnie aussi piteux que nul au Québec , c'est deguelasse
Pros
Differente nationnalites
Cons
Personnel nul, mediocre et piteux tout ca viens avec le salaire
Management needs work but the core group is great
Ramp Attendant/ Deicing (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS14 October 2018
Lots of fun is to be had here, everyone is friends and are easy to get along with. Scheduling can be flexible but you have to wait 2 days before the previous schedule you get a new one which can be a pain
Terrible experience
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC11 October 2018
Stressful work environment, salary is a joke - just minimum, angry passengers yelling at you, management could be better.
Pros
Meeting a lot of new people every day
Cons
Pauses are not guaranteed or occasional, working hours are changeable all the time, working days can be much longer then you expect. Intimidation and favoritism.
It's a good first job
Cabin Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 October 2018
I have really learned the importance of timing. We'll have to clean quickly because we will have 15 minutes on plane and sometimes two planes come at the same time so we have to hustles.
Pros
multi cultural
Cons
short breaks in the day time
excellent place to work with
Senior Air Cargo/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 October 2018
Swissport is a place I really miss. Management was awsome, really supportive and motivates there staff on regular intervals. Encouraged to handle different airlines whenever required, which made the work more intersting.
productive
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2018
Get to work ON TIME, get the work done EFFICIENTLY and you'll be on your way. Multicultural work place. have to be able to accept ups and downs days.
Productive experience
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Early morning shifts granted by seniority, learned a lot of procedures related to airline industry, worked wuth many nice colleagues from Wichita I learned a lot.
Pros
Experience earned
Cons
overall really peaceful environment to work at
groomer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2018
the swiss port is very good company and the managers and staffs are very easy going people. The hours are very low and the company is unionized and the schedule can vary due to the schedule of the flights.
Pure evil
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2018
Low pay and a dangerous work environment with co-workers who don't care about safety.

Pay-roll makes frequent mistakes and takes forever to fix issues. Almost every paycheque I received had some kind of error on it. Although it shouldn't as they use an electronic punch in and punch out system.

My father died and in their collective bargaining agreement employees have bereavement pay. I called in and did not make it to work for a couple of days. Did I receive the bereavement pay? No, I didn't. I was so disgusted with them after this I quit the job and was unable to get what I was owed. I blame management for not taking the time to help me with this issue, in a sense, not caring.
If this tells you anything it is that they have ZERO integrity and are constantly looking for ways to gouge their employees.
Pros
Planes are cool. AVOP Training, Marshalling aircraft. Tons of exercise.
Cons
Unsafe, apathetic coworkers, poor integrity.
fun and productive place
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
Learned Management skills, fun and productive place. You meet new people everyday and every day comes with new challenges. But that's what make this job exciting.
Environnement agréable
Agente de service au passager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2018
aspect agréable
management
lieu de travail sécurisé
fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 September 2018
great people around us. this company is a good place to work because of the people. there is no schedule that is set so basically you can have no life
decent place to work
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON4 September 2018
decent enough place to work. good benefits. hours can be varied. advancement depends on how much you can work for it. management can use some improvement.
its an ok environment
Passenger service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
this company is a good place to work because of the people. there is no schedule that is set so basically you can have no life if you work with this company.
Pros
lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
unstable hours
Swissport
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  canada18 August 2018
Disgusting Company. Trainer's do not train you properly they actully dont even know whats going on for half the flights. RSO office is Brainwashed. when you speak with them for the help that they're suppose to give you, they make you feel like you're useless and they make you wait around for them all day. "sit here" with no follow up until you go to speak with them again.

Very low IQ job i would not recommend going with swissport unless you want to get hurt in the field. most of employees dont care at all and you will not move up.
Well structured Company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
Pros:
Everyone knows what they are doing
Working with friends
Well constructed management
Good hours
Lots of overtime

Cons:
Not enough employees
Too much work at times
Productive working environment with many opportunities for advancement.
Project Manager/Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pearson International Airport14 August 2018
Overall a good experience as I have been very lucky with having my abilities recognized very quickly considering I started as a freshman in the field and as a frontline customer service agent. I have been allowed to progress from agent to a manager's title within a short 3.5 years and have been exposed to a variety of job functions.
Pros
Opportunities to advance.
Cons
Merger of various companies has unfortunately created cultural differences in various groups.
Unprofessional
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2018
I loved the work I was doing but the management was horrible. which made me loose my appetite to work for a company that really shows no respect to employees
Favouritsm at it’s Finest
Passenger Service Agent/Flight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2018
Initially I had thought I that I landed a great job and am set for a good amount of time. Yes, the job was secure as it was unionized but as for great job? I think otherwise. Although I did learn a lot during my time with the company, and I did make a few great friends whom I’ll miss working with, the company itself definitely isn’t the best and they definitely do not pay their employees what they’re worth. At the same time, some of the people they hire are quite questionable as well.

Management was lacking in all aspects. If you wanted to move up within the company, you basically had to be friends with the right people. For them, it’s favouritsm over capability. It is also a seniority based company, however don’t be surprised if someone of lower seniority gets things in their favour - again, favouritsm at it’s finest. They will find all sorts of ways to bypass rules in their favour and do not take into account things that need to be addressed. Rather, the only issues that do get addressed are only acknowledged if it is in their favour.

Pay is a joke, you might as well work for McDonald’s and get paid the same amount (with less stress on you with how hard they expect you to work at times). Don’t get me wrong, there are moments where there is a lot of downtime (ie waiting for flights to arrive, delays, etc.) however the shifts are usually 4-6 hours max and in order to get 40hrs a week you’d have to do a lot of split shifts. Benefits are great though (but no flight benefits for passenger service agents).

It’s very easy to get stuck with the company because of the security
  more... and how easy it can be sometimes. If you’re looking to have a bright and fruitful future however, this is definitely not the company to stay with. I will say that it is a great stepping stone to get into other companies within the airport, but there are many other entry level companies with higher pay that are good as well.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.