Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Found 278 reviews matching the search See all 2,583 reviews
Pay scaling is a joke
Baggage Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 December 2018
You could currently earn more working at McDonald’s (starting wage there is $13/hr, starting here is $12.85).

After 10 years you could move up to $18.77! Isn’t that just so great? Needless to say after two years wasted here I’ll be looking for other jobs.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
No flight benefits, low pay, dirty environment
Very good and strong work
Aviation cargo loader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2018
Good environment with lots of fun but also hard work. The work isn’t bad as long as you fit. Nice people give a teamwork attitude at all times. Overall would recommend
Pros
Overtime is very good
Cons
Very straining
I have Learned a lots in this company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2018
I have learned in this company a lot for working in cold weather how to time management and personality development.
The hardest work was handling all the flights in cold weather with 20% of manpower and making all the flights on time.
working at swiss
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 November 2018
It was good , met some cool people i enjoyed working with
really pleased with the outcome.
They took time to train me and made sure it was a safe work place.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
some lazy people did work their and they should clean house
environement productive et agreable
Passenger service Agent (Current Employee) –  pierre elliott trudeau airport6 November 2018
un travail d'equipe effectif et productif . travail avec un public multiculturel , toujours en mouvement dans un
lieu bien securise .
Need a job . Would like to help out and be useful
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2018
Just looking for a job with little stress and has a good team or I can work alone . I can work over night and weekends . I don't mind the cold , so I can work outside also .
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Working with rude people
great time
Service Passanger Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 November 2018
great placeto work in learn the in and out to airport process. was great experience overhall was in great team agent are like family
Pros
ambience de travail
Cons
horaire
Good Workplace Culture and Fast Paced Environment
Aircraft Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
We are working at International Airports, especially international flights so time and quality is always our goal of work. Each day we have to learn different time management concepts to maintain quality of cleaning. I learned the concept of team work, fast paced work environment, how to maintain our quality of work in stressful environment, workplace emotions etc... the workplace culture is best, they are nice hearted. The most enjoyable part is we are working in busy but good airport environment, we can maintain our work enthusiasm all time in airport. The supervisors and coworkers are good natured.
Pros
Best Workplace Culture
Good job training ramp
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 October 2018
Good in clsss training. Money is average. Heavy loads.
Our team members good. Job culture above average.
Ramp can be challenging.they need to have 5 co workers each gate.
Pros
Different planes
Cons
Poor wages and shortage of man power
good job
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2018
it's an average work environment, a lot of good people and the job culture is really nice. Management is very understanding and sometimes helps with any issues there may be.
fun and always learning
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
I done ramp for three years and going into my fourth year. Meet new people above the wing or below the wing. Meet new demands and busy each gate when the plane arrives.
Pros
Every new day is not the same like yesterday. Fun and movaited.
Cons
No pay increased until the next 3 years.
Horrible horrible experience
Loll jamais (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2018
Ils devrais bannit cette entreprises au Québec, condition de travail médiocre , personnel nul et incompétent, salaire 12$ heure a l'aéroport de Montréal service au passager c'est terrible, horaire que dire , microbe , malpropreter , punaise de lit fait partie du personnel , breff c'est une honte d'avoir cette compagnie aussi piteux que nul au Québec , c'est deguelasse
Pros
Differente nationnalites
Cons
Personnel nul, mediocre et piteux tout ca viens avec le salaire
Management needs work but the core group is great
Ramp Attendant/ Deicing (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS14 October 2018
Lots of fun is to be had here, everyone is friends and are easy to get along with. Scheduling can be flexible but you have to wait 2 days before the previous schedule you get a new one which can be a pain
Terrible experience
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC11 October 2018
Stressful work environment, salary is a joke - just minimum, angry passengers yelling at you, management could be better.
Pros
Meeting a lot of new people every day
Cons
Pauses are not guaranteed or occasional, working hours are changeable all the time, working days can be much longer then you expect. Intimidation and favoritism.
It's a good first job
Cabin Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 October 2018
I have really learned the importance of timing. We'll have to clean quickly because we will have 15 minutes on plane and sometimes two planes come at the same time so we have to hustles.
Pros
multi cultural
Cons
short breaks in the day time
excellent place to work with
Senior Air Cargo/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 October 2018
Swissport is a place I really miss. Management was awsome, really supportive and motivates there staff on regular intervals. Encouraged to handle different airlines whenever required, which made the work more intersting.
productive
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2018
Get to work ON TIME, get the work done EFFICIENTLY and you'll be on your way. Multicultural work place. have to be able to accept ups and downs days.
Productive experience
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Early morning shifts granted by seniority, learned a lot of procedures related to airline industry, worked wuth many nice colleagues from Wichita I learned a lot.
Pros
Experience earned
Cons
overall really peaceful environment to work at
groomer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2018
the swiss port is very good company and the managers and staffs are very easy going people. The hours are very low and the company is unionized and the schedule can vary due to the schedule of the flights.
Pure evil
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2018
Low pay and a dangerous work environment with co-workers who don't care about safety.

Pay-roll makes frequent mistakes and takes forever to fix issues. Almost every paycheque I received had some kind of error on it. Although it shouldn't as they use an electronic punch in and punch out system.

My father died and in their collective bargaining agreement employees have bereavement pay. I called in and did not make it to work for a couple of days. Did I receive the bereavement pay? No, I didn't. I was so disgusted with them after this I quit the job and was unable to get what I was owed. I blame management for not taking the time to help me with this issue, in a sense, not caring.
If this tells you anything it is that they have ZERO integrity and are constantly looking for ways to gouge their employees.
Pros
Planes are cool. AVOP Training, Marshalling aircraft. Tons of exercise.
Cons
Unsafe, apathetic coworkers, poor integrity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.