Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Productive working environment with many opportunities for advancement.
Project Manager/Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pearson International Airport14 August 2018
Overall a good experience as I have been very lucky with having my abilities recognized very quickly considering I started as a freshman in the field and as a frontline customer service agent. I have been allowed to progress from agent to a manager's title within a short 3.5 years and have been exposed to a variety of job functions.
Pros
Opportunities to advance.
Cons
Merger of various companies has unfortunately created cultural differences in various groups.
Unprofessional
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2018
I loved the work I was doing but the management was horrible. which made me loose my appetite to work for a company that really shows no respect to employees
Favouritsm at it’s Finest
Passenger Service Agent/Flight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2018
Initially I had thought I that I landed a great job and am set for a good amount of time. Yes, the job was secure as it was unionized but as for great job? I think otherwise. Although I did learn a lot during my time with the company, and I did make a few great friends whom I’ll miss working with, the company itself definitely isn’t the best and they definitely do not pay their employees what they’re worth. At the same time, some of the people they hire are quite questionable as well.

Management was lacking in all aspects. If you wanted to move up within the company, you basically had to be friends with the right people. For them, it’s favouritsm over capability. It is also a seniority based company, however don’t be surprised if someone of lower seniority gets things in their favour - again, favouritsm at it’s finest. They will find all sorts of ways to bypass rules in their favour and do not take into account things that need to be addressed. Rather, the only issues that do get addressed are only acknowledged if it is in their favour.

Pay is a joke, you might as well work for McDonald’s and get paid the same amount (with less stress on you with how hard they expect you to work at times). Don’t get me wrong, there are moments where there is a lot of downtime (ie waiting for flights to arrive, delays, etc.) however the shifts are usually 4-6 hours max and in order to get 40hrs a week you’d have to do a lot of split shifts. Benefits are great though (but no flight benefits for passenger service agents).

It’s very easy to get stuck with the company because of the security
  more... and how easy it can be sometimes. If you’re looking to have a bright and fruitful future however, this is definitely not the company to stay with. I will say that it is a great stepping stone to get into other companies within the airport, but there are many other entry level companies with higher pay that are good as well.  less
Mauvaise gestion...
Coordinatrice de l'Administration (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 July 2018
Swissport a une mauvaise gestion de ses ressources (personnel)
Quick changing environment within the airline industry.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2018
There is always a lot to learn because of how much the operational can change day to day, to even minute to minute. It is always exciting and challenging to think of new solutions to new and sometimes pre-existing problems. The operation runs seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day, meaning that sometimes, you are on call to provide support! All in all, well-rounded. Like all other companies, there are pros and cons.
Great workplace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  richmond yvr BC26 July 2018
great job for student and people looking for a diffferent atmosphere. All ages at swissport and the workload is not to much for students. Very nice staff and coworkers.
All good
Aircraft Cabin Grooming Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 July 2018
Flexible scheduled

Good crew

Flexible vacation

Flexible shift

Kitchen in the crew room

Free wi-fi

Multi language team and supervisor

Good payment
Overall good company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2018
Good work culture, colleagues, environment. There could be rough days, but that's true with all companies. Love my boss and cooworks. Great HR team.
Pros
Environment and coworkers
Cons
Salary
Fun work environment
Lead - Baggage Claims (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 July 2018
Very fun environment. Always helping passengers and clients with onboarding procedures and making sure everyone has an enjoyable experience during their flight.
Horrible
PASSENGER SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2018
Working environment was different everyday
learned how to deal with irritated people on a daily basis
work under pressure and comply with deadlines
underpaid
great place to work
air transat ground staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON2 July 2018
there was no scope to grow but t was a great place to work for. the hours at the job were not certain. it messed up a little with my head. other than hours i enjoyed working with swissport
aircraft
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 June 2018
aircraft refuel technician making sure aircraft is ready for the flight with checks beforehand
great company to work with, worked in shift rota
a lot of benefits including paid and unpaid holidays, private health insurance
Very nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC22 June 2018
I worked in Admin. Very nice place to work. I loved my bosses. Great work life balance. They do have an education program for employees. They may not be perfect, but they are working on making it better.
My day at work
Customer servise (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON20 June 2018
My day of work every day is different from arrival put bridge to the aircraft watching the ramp agent bring the container to the baggage room arrival hall or helping passenger looking the baggage on the belt every day is always something different example passenger always will like to complain small tiny thing even on arrival and as for departure my duty usually control the line or check in passenger but the most challenge thing to check in is document check becsuse if you dont check the right information and passenger with out the visa the company or the airline end up have to pay the find and what had I learn the most challenge thing in my 10 years I would say speaking to customer because there will be different kind of way you speak to regular passenger and senior passenger or economy class passenger and business class passenger is the voice of way you speak to them
At my workplace I meet all different kind of passengers or employee some of them can be very nice some can be very rude but I learn one thing if you nice to people people will nice back to you
The hardest part at my work place is to deal with crazy customer but most of cases end up can solve the problem because from my long term customer servise experience
The most enjoyable thing is to see all kind of customer meet different employee and see all different aircraft at work
Pros
Free coffee
Reveiw
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 June 2018
Working at this company wasn't all that pleasant but wasnt all that bad. The management wasnt good at all to be honest with you, but the job was pretty fair as your able take break and rest
no information I can currently share.
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2018
no information I can currently share. Helped expand my human resource knowledge to include payroll.
Enjoy the flex hours.
A lot of pressure and not enough hours in a work day, thus lots of over-time.
Pros
paid lunch; flexible hours; benefits
Cons
no room for advancement; favouritism bby management
Good for a summer job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
Once you punch in, you look at your shift's schedule.

Some days you get a well spread out day with a nice break for lunch, and others you get pounded with flights. Management don't care whether or not you've just finished 3 consecutive flights, they'll add another flight into your schedule if they deem that you "have enough" time to do it. At times a supervisor may pick you up after you finish a flight and take you straight to another one, no matter the weather.

Vehicles are a coin toss whether they work well or at all. You're lucky to even find some when it gets busy, and if not, you wait outside for the transporter to take you to your gate.

Coworkers are nice, fun to talk to. A lot of them are willing to work hard, whereas some tend to leave the heavy lifting to the new workers and minimum work.

"Picking" your schedule isn't what it sounds like. They give you a list of generated schedules, many of which have drastically different start times that seems inconvenient for most people. Although trading shifts could help if you're stuck with a inconvenient schedule due to low seniority

Hardest part of the job is watching supervisors sit in their vehicles while they watch you, and then rush you to avoid delays.
Pros
Fun coworkers, possibility of hilarious drama
Cons
bad management
Great job, company needs work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2018
As a ramp agent, i loved doing the job!
The people were always angry at Swissport (every shift)
There are no advantages of getting your Airport Driver licence (except you do more work)
In the afternoons, there was never any equipment so before you can even do your flight, you had spend +1 Hour just searching for anything you can use

The company was always in disarray. Always short staff (meaning you do more work always).

Fun job but can be very challenging because it seems Swissport doesnt care.
Pros
Fun job, great gateway job into Aviation
Cons
Short staff, missing equipment
Great place with the beat team
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2018
Great place to learn about security and safety at work strongly recommended if you live close to the area or if you own a car.
Always offer a good place to work
Fun place to work
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 May 2018
The airport is a fun place to work. And you meet new people. the work environment is great and there is a lot of downtime and its easy to move up in the company.
Pros
lots of down time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.