Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Found 294 reviews matching the search See all 2,683 reviews
good job to gain some work experience
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2019
Can be fun at times heavy work but people are friendly, always pay on time sometimes even provide food and drinks and its in the airport so a lot of places to eat
not good
Passenger Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
shifts were split in one day which was not good at all if u have kids or good mentally not enough proper for each day shift, has to fix the way the planning of the shifts were tossed around.
Met a lot of great co workers. The medical benefit is a great perk. A lot of over time yet when you are exhausted you are less productive.
Baggage service Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 February 2019
A typical day at work for me was, dealing with diverse passengers. In general.

I have learned that every passenger has different scenarios and listening attentively makes once life easy and the passenger experience smooth.

In my opinion, when the management is out of rich to the general employee, not visible and reachable that is a problem. In my experience, there was a lot of errors in the payroll department. It was so frustrating at times to follow with your paystub all the time.

The culture needs some face lifting to do, I experienced different pool of airlines and I learned different cultures have different values, yet the management and also supervisors could have implemented the smooth harmonized communication amongst employees from diverse cultures and backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job was finding equipment to do your duty of the day. For instance literally, you have to fight amongst different pools of airlines agents to get the Golf Carts and Wheelchairs etc.

I enjoyed a great deal of learning different basic languages, hearing different human beings stories and learned from them. In some cases, the pool you work for can give you a chance to communicate directly with actual airline representatives and develop your skills of communication and also create a great network for future career choice one might have.
Pros
Medical benefit, free employee parking, unionized.
Cons
Polarized pools in some cases, absent of higher management presence, lack of encouragements for a hard working employees, etc
One of the worst companies to work for.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 February 2019
They emailed me looking for an interview the following Friday. I went to the interview and while I was in it, I told the HR person that I had 2 medical appointments to attend during training. She hired me on the spot and told me that they could work around my appointments. Well, a few days later they canned me for missing time in training. After I was upfront about having to be absent for medical reasons for 2 days!! Unbelievable. The training class was all women.. one girl was clearly on some type of drugs the FIRST day. The other girls were full of themselves, all about their hair and makeup and appearance.. played high school games.. went down to Tim Hortons and sat with them having my tea, was on my phone and when I looked up they left the table, and had gone to sit at another table. Childish. Low pay, high turnover rate, they’ll hire anybody without reference checks etc.. do NOT recommend!
alright
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 January 2019
for the job you do you get no pay great people to work with but its everyone for themselves dont get enough credit for what you have to do planes wont move if it wasnt for these people
Nice temporary job
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2019
Met amazing people and learned tons of stuff. Good temporary job but not beneficial for the long terms. Employees are not asked for their availabilities.
mauvaise compagnie
Commis de piste (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC15 January 2019
Mauvaise compagnie qui se fiche de ses employés. À chaque semaine il ya des nouveaux employés
Professional Operation
Manager on Duty / Manager Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2019
Part of a large multinational corporation.
YYZ combined the three previous companies. Swissport, Servisair and Handlex.
Integrating the three companies created many challenges.
Air Craft REfueler
Aircraft Refueler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2019
Only good for temporary work, the way to make money here is overtime. average salary here is 15hr 30 cents raise per year. Management is not really apprachable
Grate job to work enjoyed this job
Ground Handler (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 January 2019
This job was fun grate for learning new things repetitive with work nice people to work with company is managed well an is supportive to its co-workers
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sometimes short brakes
good
Ramp Operations Controller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2019
- Good company to work
- Good work environment
- Good Management
- Fun Place
- Good Perks
- No long hours
- Extensive OT hours
- Helpful Colleagues
supervisors are aggressive, poor management
Aircraft Service Person (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 December 2018
constant arguing between supervisors and leads, most are very rude to lower employees. new employees are trained poorly and expected to perform perfectly from day one
lots of stress
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
Not enough trained staff to handle daily operations. and it has union and can be tough to handle operations on day to day basis. management to look in to this seriously.
Pros
fun to work
Cons
You handel all passenger service aspects for airline customers
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 December 2018
You handel all passenger service aspects for airline customers. You will be doing check-in, gate services, ticking desk, baggage claim, baggage reconciliation, wheelchair service, and paper work.
Pros
Great start for airport/airline experience. Get to work with multiple airlines.
Cons
Management really sucks and Training is not enough they will only train if you ask them, Pay is minimum wage, Supervisors are over worked, airlines and Swissport have very different rules that contradict each other, any mistakes you make supervisors will be punished.
Rampie/ de -icer
Rampie (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 December 2018
STAY AWAY!!!!!!
This company is very toxic. When you have supervisors commenting on your body parts and and this person is also your union rep,who do you go to? The top seat with the company, was told to take it to the police. They supervisor is still there after 2 years.
They also have a lot of racist workers and supervisor. Stay away, you wont be sorry
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Not one thing
diversified but not friendly
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2018
Working with swissport people is not that fun because we are not of the same culture but we work as a team.

the company is not so concern of the working environment where workers are sometimes not in cooperation with senior agents to assist and help.

but senior agents can handle pressure and busy environment like i am used of doing every early morning shifts.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
shorter hours
Pay scaling is a joke
Baggage Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 December 2018
You could currently earn more working at McDonald’s (starting wage there is $13/hr, starting here is $12.85).

After 10 years you could move up to $18.77! Isn’t that just so great? Needless to say after two years wasted here I’ll be looking for other jobs.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
No flight benefits, low pay, dirty environment
Very good and strong work
Aviation cargo loader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2018
Good environment with lots of fun but also hard work. The work isn’t bad as long as you fit. Nice people give a teamwork attitude at all times. Overall would recommend
Pros
Overtime is very good
Cons
Very straining
I have Learned a lots in this company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2018
I have learned in this company a lot for working in cold weather how to time management and personality development.
The hardest work was handling all the flights in cold weather with 20% of manpower and making all the flights on time.
working at swiss
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 November 2018
It was good , met some cool people i enjoyed working with
really pleased with the outcome.
They took time to train me and made sure it was a safe work place.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
some lazy people did work their and they should clean house

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.