Swisslog Employee Reviews

They will work you
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA2 April 2018
Half of the managers don't know what they're doing. No one seems to have critical thinking skills, but everyone wants you to think for yourself. Once had a 5am starting time, there was an emergency 4 hours away. They had to wait for me to finish because I was on call and my manager didn't want to send one of 3 people who were closer.
Could care less about field employees
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Northeast.17 March 2018
Unfortunately, Swisslog in the past couple of years has really turned a corner and not for the best. They will work the FSE to the ground then not give raises because you didn’t have time to finish some paperwork they continue to make up. They talk about work life balance but do not try and schedule anything for your off time. You could be on a flight that day out of the state and Swisslog feels as if it’s your job. They will never remember the times you said yes to them only the one time you said no. I used to love working there however management is really poor too down. There are executives that 6 years ago were only field service managers. That is a sign of a company not being able to have top executives. Good luck if you decide to work in field here.
Zero leadership in field operations
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 February 2018
I can only speak about the field operations side of things. Zero leadership with a every person for themselves environment. No one works as a team, rather is just how can I get this off my plate. Managers are constantly promoted from within because real talented people outside of Swisslog see’s this is a cancerous, and weak environment for individuals to thrive. It’s a mess. The entire field operations team needs to be blown up. Get some real talent in there with a proven track record of success. Not just people getting promoted with no idea how to lead a team. People are leaving because no one is being held accountable for their poor decisions. What work life balance? You will be worked like a dog with no rewards.
Pros
North American office located in Denver
Cons
Management, every person for themselves environment, no work life balance
Pour débutant
Technicien de maintenance (Current Employee) –  Paris (75)13 January 2018
Parfait pour se faire de l'expérience,
Sur mon site, 4 technologie de système automatisés différents. idéal pour enrichir ses connaissances.
Cependant aucune évolution de carrière et encore moins d'augmentation de salaire.
Pros
Plusieurs types de systémes automatisés/robotisés
Cons
Pas d'évolution de carriére ni d'augmention de salaire
Great people. Great learning environment
Field Service Technician/Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 January 2018
Test and troubleshoot equipment. Certify bank leased equipment. Travel around the world. Management was very fair and easy to deal with. The job was not too stressful and there was plenty of great technicians there to ask for any help.
Visionary Company in a heavy growth cycle
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA15 December 2017
I enjoyed my time at Swisslog. The management was helpful, caring and flexible to employee's needs. The work was challenging if somewhat difficult, but rewarding. The people were great to work with at Swisslog. Everyone was helpful and HR had their act together.
Pros
interesting work, good HR and management
Cons
Office was very far from my residence so commutes were difficult.
Crazy cut throat
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA7 December 2017
The whole time I was there I felt like my job was at risk. Contractors are not treated well here empty promises are made constantly and advancement seems like a dream. Time spent in the office is more important than work quality.
Relaxed productive workplace
Spare Parts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire27 October 2017
Excellent place to work and learn. Very friendly staff always willing to help. Very interesting products and services offered. Good place to grow within the company.
Great Company, Great Learning Experience and Challenging!
Manager of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA8 September 2017
Love this company. If you are a self starter and enjoy utilizing your talents in mechanical, electrical and software engineering to solve complex problems for world class companies - this is the place. Swisslog blends many talents together to create state of the art distribution systems and plant automation systems. Always fun to be on projects that have a lot of robotics to help businesses achieve their needs. As a manager, I am awe struck by the "can-do" attitudes of the team members. It is fun to be a part of this!
Pros
Good Sr. Management with a lot of drive, Great opportunity to develop new skills on the job, Small project teams provide opportunity for cross-training, The best part is the team members you get to work with, Truley a family with a lot of drive and passion to succeed
Cons
More training opportunities, Travel time was a little high but this is now getting under control
Great clients and team members
Director of Consulting, Swisslog (Former Employee) –  Mason, OH3 August 2017
This was a fantastic position until the crash of 2009. Because it was (at the time) a small company and the sale pipeline dwindled, my team and eventually myself resigned.
Pros
Fun clients with challenging problems
Cons
Recession of 2008/2009

Want to know more about Swisslog?

Ask a question
No personal life, over worked, under paid
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA23 July 2017
The people make the company worth staying at, the pay is too low for the amount of time you will be on the road as well as the number of hours on site you WILL work for FREE with little to no compensation. Salary paid? Try your best to negotiate a better base starting salary than you are offered. Don't get conned into being on call as the time you are allowed "off the clock" you are not allowed to leave your phone or laptop and require an internet connectivity. Again, this company COULD be great but at the moment NEEDS WORK to make for a better work/ life balance. I would not return to working here unless I could negotiate a better salary or some other type of incentive was offered by this bunch of penny pinchers. (Don't buy into the "we have no business" they are making money hand over fist)
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Low Pay, High demand, Travel WILL be 80%+ depending on the role
Ok
Senior Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, Ohio20 July 2017
OK place to work. Not a lot of direction. The travel was 3 times what they led on to believe. I would recommend it for a road warrior but not for someone who wants to home. I was employed about 3 months and was gone almost every week.
Fast-paced and demanding
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  US11 May 2017
Field work is notorious for being fast-paced and demanding. There's no surprise there especially when assigned equipment is crucial for client productivity. It would have been nice to have upper-management more in tune to its employees and address issues appropriately. Lots of great, knowledgeable people willing to impart their knowledge.
Pros
Schedule flexibility when not assigned to an emergency service call
Cons
Out-of-tune upper management with little to no field experience
Enjoyable place to work
Resident Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool16 November 2016
Enjoyable role, highly stressful environment. Time on tools is not great as the site is new.

Long hours 2x12hr days and 2x12hr nights then onto 4 days off.

Wage is good for the role.
Pros
Wage
Cons
very good working environment and people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO23 December 2015
a very good company to work with some bump and bruises as with any company but I've learned so much from the company about business and about different kinds of people and how to deal and interact with different situations but a very talented group of people who i enjoy working with every day
Director of IT, North America (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO22 October 2015
Swisslog is a great place to work with very good people. There is a lot of growth potential in the IT group.

I had a the opportunity to travel the world and meet very interesting people while performing important and rewarding work.
Great organization to work.
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA13 June 2015
Provides advanced logistics warehouse processes, techniques, and technologies to advanced organizations with regional-level supply-chain logistics requirements.
Very great company to work for
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA11 June 2015
I really liked Swisslog it a great company to work for. I enjoyed the fast pace environment. The employees are very nice and very patient.
Pros
Fast pace work environment
Cons
Management for IT department is unstable because of mergers.
Manage; perform preventive and corrective maintenance to automated robot
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA4 May 2015
Manage; perform preventive and corrective maintenance to automated robot to provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic supplies throughout hospitals. Provided solutions addressing packaging, labeling, dispensing and storage for inpatient and outpatient pharmacies.
No Life
Field Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO30 March 2015
Stay away if you value your personal life. You will never have time off, nor will you be able to utilize the vacation or sick leave that they promise you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swisslog. Our community is ready to answer.