Swiss Ridge Kennels

Swiss Ridge Kennels Employee Reviews for Trainer

Trainer2 reviews
Canada2 reviews
Stunning Kennel
I’m so happy to be working at Swissridge kennels as an imprinting trainer. The owner easy to talk to, fair, and open minded. The kennel itself is stunning, and most importantly clean with happy dogs. This is a dream job, training adorable puppies. And working with great people.
Extensive Yet the Most Rewarding Job Ever
SR Kennels is a doodle breeder from Schomberg. She offers people who adopt her pups the option to have them trained before taking them home and that's where I came in.

I brought home 2 puppies to train for 2 months. I had specific guidelines to follow and dates to be done by. I had to make sure they were given their shots and I had to make sure they were in good health and stayed that way. What a lot of people don't know is that a puppy prior to their 4th month shot is susceptible to so many illnesses and therefore should not be walked in busy areas, cannot go to dog parks and need to be watched 24/7 to make sure they do not lick or eat anything (or step in something they may lick off later).

My days consisted of a strict routine starting at 6am and for the first month, waking up at 2am for potty breaks. Every moment was spent making sure they were learning good habits and socializing with acceptable dogs, in a proper, well behaved manner. I had to properly help them deal with their fears of different objects and loud noises and I had to make sure everything I said and did would not negatively influence the pups in the slightest of ways. I had to be on time with commands and on time with rewards. This job took much consistency and though it was tough at times, seeing the out come of all the hard work, is worth every moment.
Pros
Work from Home, Routine, Full of Smiles and Laughs
Cons
There's no End. The job is 24/7 with a living being. You don't get much alone/quiet time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swiss Ridge Kennels. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3