Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Work environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC16 May 2018
Great place to work and a great place to eat. The Management team is welcoming and supportive with open communication being present in the work place.
Consistent work, easy going work crew
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2018
This job for me was pretty consistent though very fast paced, though the people especially most of the managers were easy going and motivational.

There is not to much to say about this job other then it was simple, it paid consistently and the work environment itself was inviting.
Pros
Consistent work/pay, friendly fellow employees
Cons
Aside from one manager I didn't care for no real problems
Great experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON15 May 2018
Worked with a lot of great people and met a lot of friends. Excellent organization and amazing cooperation. Learned a lot from here and very happy to experience it all.
Typical restaurant job
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 May 2018
Good stepping stool towards something greater. Made many friends, had many laughs. Stressful at times. Not something I would want to do forever, but I can appreciate the people that do.
Pros
The People, the food
Cons
No Life
Not a bad place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 May 2018
I enjoyed working a Swiss Chalet on Dundas in Cambridge. Although, the hours were limited and the tips weren't the best. Unfortunately, this location doesn't get as much business but the people you work with make it great!
Pros
The employees are great
Cons
Tips are not great
Lovely staff to work with
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 May 2018
Although there is only three hours in one shift, there is never a dull moment at Swiss Chalet. The staff is amazing and so friendly. Such an awesome Job.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad place to work
Dishwasher/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 May 2018
They treat their employees horribly. The hours are horrible. You're expected to do more than your job. The management is a joke. The restaurant has no cleanliness standards
It’s a hassle to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON7 May 2018
Swiss chalet is ok, more cons then pros, people are being hired then fired all the time and they can’t keep an employee long. Which is sad because it is a fun place to work.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Job security
It's full of great people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2018
I loved working at Swiss, it was filled with so many amazing people and I've made friends that I will keep for a long time. I really enjoyed my time there and it is something that I will always remember
Production and fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 May 2018
Fun place to work
Management is great and helpful
Since you work at multiple channels it really adds up to you being a great multitask er
Was a great workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
Busy at times mostly during holidays and weekends but great staff and management. Owner was a great family man who made the staff feel like family as well. Was a great location.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Now a closed location
Best Job
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 May 2018
Great experience here at swiss chalet. best management and even better team members.always feel welcomed and good hours are given to us. The owner was great too.
Pros
food
good environment
Host / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2018
fast paced, great staff to work with, friendly workers. learned how work with customers, in person as well as on the phone. sometimes there were difficult customers but for the most part really great environment!
Pros
lunch discount
amazing people and customers
Take-out staff, Host and Server (Current Employee) –  Vanier, ON28 April 2018
all of the staff are friendly and the regular customers are great! having a great time working with them at the moment. would suggest this workplace to anyone looking for a well paced job in any restaurant position.
Swiss chalet was a really fun place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 April 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you really don't do anything except deliver food to the customers. And the managers were really nice people to work with.
Pros
Discounts on foods
Cons
Sometimes no deliveries for two three hours so their is nothing to do
productive and fun workplace to enjoy working at part and full time
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON24 April 2018
a typical day at my Swiss location was show up early make sure your area was clean before your shift started. always try to perfect every meal and task in the working environment. they had a good group of management some better then others a few are a little old school. the hardest part of the job in my opinion was making sure the kitchen was clean from top to bottom, from working in a kitchen that uses grease it sticks to almost every surface after going airborne. my favorite part about the job was having freezes during the summer months or getting new products to try
stressful, fun and the coworkers are the best to work with
Line/Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2018
Working in the kitchen can be a hard work and stressful sometimes that require a person to have multitasked, fast reflex and a great memory to remember the orders that have been thrown at you skills. communication is the key to the kitchen effective spoken communication requires being able to talk to your cook, dash guy, takeout, drivers and the waitress.
Pros
end of the shift, i get a staff meal
Cons
stay extra hour or two after your shift has ended
Great place,high paced, great rotisserie
Rotisserie Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 April 2018
Typical day like all restaurants, stock shelves and coolers with any and all applicable food stuffs. Seasoning and spitting chickens for the rotisserie ovens, maintaining a steady and consistent flow of food product.
Pros
half price lunches/dinners
Cons
N/a
Fast pace
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 April 2018
it was fun working there I had a blast, People were very nice management were awesome.. I have learned that being a line cook is really hard work. I liked working there but it was hard for me to get there and I didn't want to leave I had to medical reason
Pros
able to take food home
Cons
hours was great
Great to work among one of Canada's largest food chains.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 April 2018
For the one year that i worked there, I never felt like anybody appreciated me and my work. It just felt like I was there and nobody really cared about me. Unfortunately there was no tips for the kitchen staff either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swiss Chalet. Our community is ready to answer.