Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Canada1,161 reviews
Found 1,161 reviews matching the search
great for a first job
fast paced environment and allowed room for growth within the company. definitely teaches responsibility for younger workers. wish the pay was a little better but it was good for a first job.
Fast paced workplace with an overall good job environment.
I learned a lot about what goes on in the kitchen of a restaurant, even though I was just a packer/cashier, I would still work with the cooks and tell them what each order needed and which side dish every tray got. Overall I enjoyed my time at Swiss Chalet.
super duper
I enjoy being at work and conversing with those I work with. Great management staff and wonderful waiters/waitresses. Can however be very overwhelming on weekends, a very fasted paced environment.
This job is good for friendly environment.
This job is good for people because they give good training and motivates employees to do a better work .i enjoyed this job with my studies.The management behaviour towards us was very well.
Fun place to work at
I had a great experience working at Swiss Chalet. I loved my co-workers and the job itself. It was an easy job to have along with going to school. And the pay allowed me to save up for post-secondary.
Great experience and fun place to work
I worked at Swiss throughout my University years. I enjoyed working there mostly. The staff became like a family and the atmosphere was great. Even during busy, stressfull dinner or event service, the mood was fun and team centered. If I lived closer, I would return to my previous location Swiss Chalet for part time work!!
Stressful
Super competitive environment, the other servers and hostesses would go behind your back to management and complain about you being inefficient, when you were doing your job properly. Constantly scolded by management, was made to do the server’s jobs without tips, I was promised to become waitstaff upon hire and it never happened.

Other staff were lazy and would pawn off their work to you at the first chance they got. Wasn’t able to start on time, was kept back 2-4 hours when I wasn’t listed as closing. Management would leave before me and without telling me, but wouldn’t have anyone stay who could let me clock out.

Staff were always hungover, servers couldn’t take more than 4 tables. I would ask for more hours, but never got more than 9. They hired me because they thought I was in high school (under 18 - I was 19) gave me no more than 9 hours a week. The 14 year old got 25+ hours. If you didn’t fit the mold, you weren’t welcome.
Fast paced working environment
The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of satisfaction when the customers leave without any complaints. Interaction with colleagues is also a big part of the job.
Beware of the Glendale Swiss Chalet Owners
The Glendale Swiss Chalet is run by two arrogant owners. They have lost some amazing managers and staff because of it. Dont waste your time working for these people. They only care about themselves.
Productive and Fun work place
My review about my job at Swiss chalet was wonderful. All the Staff are very friendly and corporative. Within 1 week I learned the whole process of food prep plus time Management.
great first job
was a great first job for me. great managers and employees. it is very fast pace. have to have good communication skills. Management made me feel comfortable. met a lot of great people through the job.
Don't work here
The management was incredibly rude. They yelled at their employees all the time inferno of customers. It was unwarranted and embarrassing, do not eat here. They jipped a lot of employees pay and had no explanation for it when I asked about it numerous times. No breaks ! You were also not allowed to call in sick or maybe they just didn't like me. The one time I Called in with bronchitus, I was told that if I couldn't find someone to cover for me then I had to come in .... thats disgusting. you want me to cough all over peoples food,
No structure. Management favors certain employees. Allowing certain staff members to take boxes of chicken home free of charge.
Food is wrapped in plastic bags and heated up in the microwave when customers placed an ordered. Managers allowed take out staff to eat on the job and all other staff were yelled at if they put a french fry in there mouth. They hired an assist manager who had a drug and drinking issue and was always drinking and doing drugs on the job. I do not recommend anyone to work there.
not a good place to work
the restaurant manager are not good at any aspect if there job they have favored people there family coming in and yells at you and really that just are not perofssional at all would not tell any one to work there at all would even go there to eat .
Good money, awful Management environment, useless Union
The only reason why I worked here (Bermondsey and O'Connor Location) is because it made decent money and is close to my house. Otherwise I would NOT have worked here. Management is AWFUL and ABUSIVE and the Union does nothing to help you!
It was okay
Good to work there but management was not strong enough. But job secure was there forever. Food safety was a big issue for guest and there was a food safety officer but they always hide everything.
Loved the job made me feel very comfortable and welcomed. Staff and management very helpful n kind.m made me learn how to multitask Well doing my job and balance my school studies.
I enjoyed this job
The job was good. I found that the management were very unorganized with the schedule. Other then that, I would recommend.
Switching shifts was kind of a hard thing to do. Free lunches.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Sore feet
awful
The owner was rude and she did not know how to treat her employees.Do not recommend working at that place. She always kept yelling. Moreover, the management skills were very poor. She treated her employees as slaves.
Quick cash every night
Stressful, schedule is always, weekends and evenings. Festive special time is exhausting. Good luck at maintaining a work/life balance, it wont happen here.
love it
Love the people there .
I worked there for co-up.

I like the food there .

I like the drink.

Most of the people are nice friendly.

it was fun to work there