Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

What I noticed as a Dishwasher
Dishwasher/Deep-fry (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 September 2018
A typical day at Swiss Chalet is slow from 12-4pm most of the week. After 4pm Thursday-Sunday, it becomes busy. In the back dishes get piled up very quick. The management is okay and willing to work with the empoylee. The hardest part of the job is being overwhelmed during the busy times with only1 dish on duty when you really need at least 2 people back their. The most enjoyable thing of the job world be that you only have to interact with the staff.
Pros
Free Drinks, Pop, water, coffee
Cons
Late night shifts for dish, overwork dishwasher
Swiss
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 September 2018
It was a great experience there the co workers where fantastic an the managers really teach you how to do thing properly when learning at swiss chalet things were easier then others but adventully I learned
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Very relaxing family environment.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS10 September 2018
I enjoyed the environment and felt supported as I was learning. I would have liked more hours as I found it was a slow location. Overall, loved the job!
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Not enough hours
Hardly any training, barely any hours
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 September 2018
Working here was my very first job. They started me out with hostessing, then switched me to food prep. I got less than a day’s worth of training in prep, and management kept changing their opinions on my work, and terminated me just after 4 weeks because they concluded that I wasn’t working fast enough.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Less than a day of training
Comfort workplace
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2018
The workplace is pretty nice, everyone is peacefull and kind, managers are working with employees on the same stage of difficulty and in the same conditions.
Productive and Fun Workplace Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON7 September 2018
Love working in a family based restaurant. Management and fellow employees have always been wonderful. Good hours with Flexibility for employees. Great Customer service, meeting the needs of all customers. Working with people is the best part! Positive environment with an accepting workplace culture.
Pros
Discounts on Food
Cons
Serving Wage
rude management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 September 2018
The owners/ managers are rude and the hours aren't good. They try to cut corners by scheduling staff but not starting them until an hour later if they deem it busy enough or sending them home.
Productive and Organized
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2018
Once I clocked in, I would either hop on line or assist the dish pit. Swiss Chalet taught me how to multitask and work efficiently in a fast paced environment. My management team was helpful and organized. The hardest part of the job would be closing down the kitchen. The most enjoyable part of the job would be cooking and being able to act independently.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Closing down kitchen is very time consuming
Work environment
Take Out (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON2 September 2018
While working here the environment was not always pleasant. Through all the hard work and dedication it was never enough, and for the tiniest mistake that did not include the food itself. However, the employees were always kind and helpful.
Pros
staff was nice, discount
Cons
high stress, hours were constantly changing
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2018
My typical day at work was seating people to their tables and cleaning off dirty tables. I didn't have that many responsibilities, this is all my job entailed
Messy, stressful
Drive through and headset, takeout, hostess (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2018
My manager yelled and swore a lot, and I would have customers asking me if everything was okay. I did duties that were not my job - as a hostess/drive thru employee I did everything a server did (except get tips), I cooked (I was not a cook), I did the dishes (I was not a dishwasher), I did the cleaning (there was a cleaner).
Pros
sometimes I would get free fries
Cons
managers don't care, mean people
Relatively relaxed workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 August 2018
For the most park it was easy, there were times when it would get hectic and management staff were usually unwilling to help. Most of the time I would end up doing other peoples jobs for them, there was a general unwillingness to help each other.
Overall good stating job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 August 2018
In my experience they overwork the dishwashers. No dishes are washed until you start so you have all dishes up until then and you have all the extra responsibilities piled on-top of that like cleaning counters and floors and portioning, you're in a nonstop fast pace for about 6 hours and management doesn't help if you go past closing
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Overworking
Fast, Clean and Delicious
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 August 2018
I loved working at Swiss Chalet. I loved my co-workers. Swiss is a very clean, orderly restaurant. Meals are prepared, cooked and sent out to the customers in a timely fashion so everyone and including the chef have a few seconds to breath in the mouth watering taste of rotisserie chicken.
Pros
chicken
Cons
Terrible hours and hard labor
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
I didnt like working here because they weren't flexible with their hours which sucked for me because I am a student. The head manager tried to write for not cleaning clearly obvious cracks at the bottom of white coffee cups.
fun and productive workplace
Cashier, Customer Service, Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2018
i was able to learn how to directly serve and talk to guest. i was able to learn more about cash, and customer service working in a restaurant. good environment to work in
Great Work Experience
Hostess/Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON10 August 2018
At Swiss Chalet I started by learning how to make the spring rolls, wraps and salads. Then I learned how to do cash and headset as well as pack meals.
swiss chalet
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
i was in co-op when i started it n i work up to line cooked when i was there for 4 years i set store up from 830 to closed at 11 at night i prep and cut chicken and line cooked
it was a ok student job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
Alright job not much room for you to grow. Its an ok restaurant, I enjoyed the people I worked with, besides that it wasn't that great. They treated me good while I was there.
Horrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON6 August 2018
I had to remind them monthly to pay me. They would always get my hours wrong. I pretty much had to keep track of my hours so they wouldn't scam me of my money.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swiss Chalet. Our community is ready to answer.