Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Waitress
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 March 2019
Since starting at this company I began as a cashier and worked my way up to learning to host as well as serve. On a typical day it's ready set go as soon as you begin the shift. I start greeting customers and taking and placing their orders while offering my expertise on what combo's I prefer and what they can do to save them a few dollar.

While doing this, depending on how busy the restaurant is I focus on cleaning my side duties and rolling cutlery for the other servers and myself.

Over the years this job has taught me how to properly interact with customers and how to stick out from others. A waitress can be so easy and similar and boring so in order to make the customer's experience different, exciting and fun I've learned to always be happy and energetic and have learned great conversation topics.

Overall, I love working here because f the fast paced environment and the employees and management. The management here really try their best to help all the employees out which helps the servers out tremendously. I wouldn't change anything about my past experiences with other workplaces because I've learned so much from each place.
Pros
Fast Paced, Tips
Cons
Short Hours
fun workplace
Take-out Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2019
sometimes its a very busy day. work has to be completed under pressure. its a very fun environment to work in. staff is great. i enjoy that i know most of my customers and it makes it very enjoyable when they come back at least twice a week.
Pros
its a great environment to work in
Cons
hours are not consistant weekly
Fast paced and energetic kitchen atmosphere
Takeout Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 March 2019
Typical day was taking and packaging orders along with some cleaning and pulling chicken at the end of the night. I also spent time on the line at swiss chalet and enjoyed that experience a lot as it was something out of my comfort zone. The people I worked with were fun to be around and were really what made working there a good experience, my first job that I worked more on a team side of things then just doing my own work.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
bad with breaks and breaktimes
rude management
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2019
the most enjoyable part of this job were the other employees, but its hard to have a nice day at work when the management is rude and condensing. would not recommend.
Pros
cheap staff food
Cons
management
LINE COOK/DISHWASHER (Current Employee) –  Paris, ON7 March 2019
I've spent almost 6 years here and it has really been the experience of a lifetime. This place taught me a work ethic and I wouldn't change my experience there for anything.
Pros
The people
Cons
The expectations
workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2019
It fun to work here. The people that work there make you fell comfortable and work load isn't very hard but be prepared for fast track work...........
Terrible job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 March 2019
The management here is despicable. they don't train you properly to do your job. the staff are miserable and aren't afraid to show it. would not work here ever again!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 March 2019
This was a fun place to work as all staff is very friendly, the hardest part about this job is that it can often get very busy and be quite stressful at times.
Pros
discounts, friendly staff
Cons
extremely busy
Decent Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 March 2019
I truly made friends for life while working in the Pickering location. The job itself was not hard at all as long as you can focus and just do as asked.
My only issue was with management toward the end, but I have experienced worse.
Pros
good discounts on food, free drinks all shift.
Cons
A few issues with management.
All positions (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 March 2019
When I was first hired at this Swiss Chalet, I was nervous but eventually learned everything and was told by management that I was a strong worker, good at multitasking. Overall working here helped me develop my people skills e.g dealing with customers in a professional manner. The hardest part overall was learning to deal with different situations each day which made it easier to get through to the next day.
Pros
Full time - Free food, friendly staff
Cons
Full time - No benefits
productive
Server, Hostess, Pantry, Drive Thru Takeout (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 February 2019
I was a server, a hostess, a supervisor and also worked In drive thru. the job over all was productive and most times busy, the hardest part was always being on the go.
Good place....if you’re not the dishwasher on weekends
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 February 2019
I worked here for about 4 mouths and to be honest it really wasn’t super bad starting off. The staff was nice,working conditions were just ok, and help was given if needed. But then you start your first weekend afternoon shift and......oh my god. Constant non stop trays of dishes being poorer in, multiple garbage bags overflowing in less then 10 ( witch if you were a scrawny little wimp like I was at the time took a lot of effort to be takeing these massive garbage bags out all the time), haveing to wah dishes and manage lava hot spots that the chicken was cooked on at the same time, plus haveing to deal with spills and brakes in the dinning room with the added bonus of haveing 0 help from anyone when it got busy. And how somedays it didn’t even have to be a weekend to get to this level of bullshitery. And I Hess the final nail in the coffin was just how unforgiving the management was sometimes. Just as a minor example one manager would take pictures on his phone the most minute and minor mistakes to belittle you later for it ( such as a straw being under the dishwasher Machine or a small baked on staying on the wall or you forgot to notice). I absolutely do not recommend this job as a first timer.
Pros
20% off cars restaurants
Cons
Too much multitasking, poor management
food preparation and kitchen cleaning
Food preparation and cleaning (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 February 2019
This is a school placement and do not receive payment. The staff in this Belleville location are friendly and supportive in providing the training in the food industry. Fun place to work.
ok place
Line cook /utility (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON23 February 2019
pros

good money, great coworkers, they really care about the food thats being served

very fast paced work environment

cons

short shifts, can get sent home oearly
no. abort mission. save yourself.
takeout (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 February 2019
horrible life experience. bosses are inadequate. complete mess and they mess up your payroll a lot so watch out for that one. sneaky boys. do not recommend unless you have access to headache relief pills.
You make chicken
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2019
You make tasty chicken for good boys and good girls. You also make ribs. Possible side effects include trench foot and hemorrhoids. My bum bum was bloody for weeks and my shoes smelled.
Pros
Lots of chicken
Cons
Trench foot
A good workplace environment
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 February 2019
I started this job at a young age and wasn't there for long due to other priorities. However, in the time that I was there, I mainly liked the people I worked with. They provided a fun, positive environment. The only downside was that there was unstable management.
Repetitive Work with little benefits
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 February 2019
Preoformed the same task everyshift over and over again, gets boring relatively quickly, little room for growth interms of salary as they are privatly own by individuals!
Pros
Discount card for cara operations
Cons
Repetitive
Productive workplace
Beacon Hill - Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Beacon Hill, AB15 February 2019
Good work, good managers, good workers. Decent pay, decent work ethics of workers.
Most things are self taught, learning from other workers and being taught properly are not expected in my experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2019
Learned to communicate with others and work together as a team.
Customer service is an asset to every employer. Swiss Chalet was the first place i worked at when i was fifteen years old. I started working there as a bus girl and worked my way up from there. I have worked in other places as well as a server. Few years ago i went back to Swiss Chalet and worked there as a server. I Know the companies rules and regulations and perfected my job known all aspect of my job. build my cliental and was a important employee to the company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swiss Chalet. Our community is ready to answer.