Swimco Employee Reviews

Over obsessive sales company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 May 2019
This have been the most demanding retail job, the level of pushy you have to be is next level. Nobody likes an annoying nosey sales person.
You’re expected to achieve so much yet you have a weak wage and very weak hours.
Customers don’t want to have someone breathing down their neck constantly and this job requires you to be at their hip.
Very uncomfortable place to work.
Poor management.
Pros
Easy book offs, nice coworkers.
Cons
Everything else.
Fit Expert, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2019
Great family environment and an amazing company to work for. Provide tons of training and encouragement, a lot of room for advancement. Fun opportunities, opportunities to earn extra money in a no pressure environment (not commission).
Family run company that treats employees as family
Manager/Top Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2019
Swimco was the best company that I have ever worked for. I started at entry level and received proper training and coaching. My natural customer service skills and sales ability were encouraged and coached in a positive and energetic work environment. My ability to get along with all staff members and my ability to lead on the sales floor was recognized and within 3 months I was offered a position to manage the store. The CEO deemed me the fastest growing person of the company, it has been my greatest accomplishment to date.
Pros
Proactive CEO and district manager at store level
Inadequate
Shift Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 December 2017
Management is horrible, they definetly pick favourites. Company itself lacks diversity and also poor communication. Management tends to micro manage and also has zero respect for one another, will back stab one another to be favoured by higher management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 November 2017
Pros:
Other employees are wonderful and make the job very fun. Pay is pretty good for retail and they do have ways to get bonuses.

Cons:
Mangers can be quite rude.
They often will make you work overtime, a number of days in a row with no break in between days and then the week after you could have one shift, it is not consistent hours.
Horrible system for being promoted, they pick favourites and then treat everyone else like they are nothing.

This company ruined my state of mental health and I will not recommend it to anyone.

DO NOT WORK HERE.
The most demanding retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 April 2017
This company demands you work hard for them, but they refuse to pay you well or say thank you. Raises are never given, and they make pay "confidential" so you're not allowed to discuss with co workers how unfair this place treats you. They have lots of blackout times when you are not allowed to even book one day off, and its stupid. Spring break, most of summer and Christmas when most people want to go to music festivals or see there family, they are not allowed, I tried to book one day off for my grandmas birthday and it was declined, pathetic.
Cons
Terrible scheduling, poor pay, poor management, thankless company
Too much work for retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
This job is so demanding. They are extremely pushy for sales and the hours of work are not that great. Co- workers are okay, Managers are not the nicest people. They do make you work hard which is good, but sometimes its too much.
Positive Work Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2015
Rewarding place to work with good, fun employees. Favorites are often chosen by management and scheduling isn't the best.
Pros
employees are fun and easy to get along with
Cons
poor scheduling
A great company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC1 August 2015
As a Sales Associate, my main duties included: customer service, cashier responsibilities, opening and closing the store, stocking products, reviewing products for the company. I enjoyed the one on one experience of helping customers directly.