Swarovski

Swarovski Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
Great job but I just have bad manager
I do really like the job I just have not great manager, you get good discount, pay petty good actually but cause mostly girls work their so it lots of drama you need to deal with, hour petty bad too some time you just get 12h a week, other than that it great place to work if you have good manager, it petty early job too
6 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it.

At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to a member of our HR team, as we truly value constructive feedback from current and former employees as well as from our customers. Here at Swarovski we believe in fostering a culture of openness and willingness to fix any problem presented to us for the betterment of our company, employees and customers.

Once again, we want to thank you for your feedback and wish you much success in your career.
Best company to work for
I felt valued and truly recognized by my managers. The company is set up well for people to succeed. There was a sense of family among all team members and a very healthy working environment.
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it.

We are glad to hear that you had a great managers and work environment during your time at Swarovski. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees shine as much as our products.

We wish you much success in your career. We are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.
Amazing
The manager was very nice and trained us well. The part timers did not hesitate to help the seasonal staff whenever we needed it. A work was very busy on Black Friday and Boxing Day but steady throughout the season.
19 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and wish you much success in your career. We are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.
Excellent work experience, work place and co workers.
I developed more my selling skills and ability to interact with my co-workers to have a balance work environment. Being able to deal with different kinds of customers, their needs and some issues customers needed assistance for. All in all a great job experience.
Good place to work! Great Team! Helpful manager!
I have been working at Swarovski Niagara for 1.5 year. The team is so great and friendly. I always feel comfortable and welcomed by the whole working atmosphere. Workload and tasks are easy to handle yet you can still learn lots of things from this retail boutique. Benefits and payment always ontime and correct. Manager is caring his staff and always has great incentives. Overall I am so happy yo work herr .Thank you for the opportunity.
Fast-paced
It is a fun job if you love the brand and want a fast-paced, competitive work place. Commission based, but it is a group effort not individual. you get daily goals you need to work towards.
no promotion, high employee turnover rate
The employee turnover rate is high. Different managers have different management styles. The manager has the high power, employees have to listen to the manager even he is wrong.
Sales associate
At Sarovski I learned to understand customer needs ands wants and do my best to find products that met their needs in a timely manner. It helped me to build customer service skills.
Terrible terrible terrible management
I worked for for an IR Swarovski (and I think that was the first problem) and the management was unorganized, unprofessional and overall unethical. The store is fairly new and started off as a little family (I still care about all the girls there) but management slowly started to kill morale by micromanaging, training mistrust towards clients, and was literally like a high school behind the scenes.

The AM is beyond incompetent and was the reason that this store developed a hostile work environment where staff suppressed unhappiness based off of the fear of being fired. If you do the bare minimum, you're shamed for it, and if you go above and beyond you're also shamed for it. For ladies with children, be ready for the AM to call them 'that thing of yours'.

They have zero respect for you or your time or life outside of work and are rarely thanked when you stick your neck out for them. (Believe me when I say that management pulled me to the back room and told me to my face that: "No one respects you").

They also refuse to pay for overtime despite them scheduling you for it, and when you politely ask to be compensated for what you worked they try to weasel their way around paying extra taxes and offer to put YOUR PAY, on ANOTHER EMPLOYEES' PAYCHECK, for which THEY WILL TRANSFER YOU BACK......that is the pinnacle of unprofessionalism for me.

I was unhappy for so so long and I know that the current staff is unhappy too. I couldn't take it anymore and upon handing in my two week resignation they essentially tried to fire me and tell me not to come into work ever again.
 - more...
Cons
Inconsistent hours
poor management
I worked in a great location with great co-workers.
but the brand is not consistent. which made it hard to follow up with clients and give clients honest information since the company constantly changing their agenda it made it really hard to build trust with clients since we constantly contradicted our previous words and clients lost trust in the sales associates, even though we were motivated to built trust.

no coordination between store to store policies and customer service policy. miss information on mass advertisement, ended in mass angry clients coming in angry at staff members. we were left with no information to give clients and no compensation to redeem them.

management is constantly changing and higher up managers are micromanaging and setting unmaintainable goals with no tools to succeed. very frustrating work environment.
Great
Awesome place to work , great collegues and great culture. Exciting perks- Discounts are great. Its a great platform to learn and explore lots at fashion world
Nice co-workers, awful management
The manager is an awful manager who does not seem to know what they are doing. Lack of stability with assistant managers coming and going. Often overworked and understaffed. Always told to sell more. Lack of security forces employees to be selling, cleaning, and also making sure nobody is stealing. Good place to get your first retail experience would not recommend staying. Poor work/life balance. Manager thinks a part-time job comes before your school.
Pros
Discounted on merchandise
Cons
Awful Managment
sale Consultant
good management, learn a lot of things, fun place to work, very friendly co-works, it's a good place to work with the jewelry if you like, improve your selling and customer service skills.
an opportunity to collect client database
Compared to the assistant manger position, this part-time key holder in retail business brings me more opportunities to apply my skills of introducing and recommending the latest collection to everyone.

I become more organized and a better problem solver. Meanwhile, teamwork become even more important when we need to achieve the team goals.

not to mention about time management and to be organized of making sure everything's meeting standard.
great workplace
The international company with more than 100 years of heritage.
High production and highly fashionable. All training tools are available, and there is always an opportunity for staff to grow.
Pros
clear goal
Cons
no communication between HQ and retail
Hired for Full-Time, Informed to Call In for Work
After being hired for full-time, beginning to set up the new store, three days later, the staff was told to call in for work to see if they were needed. People began quitting.

Anyone with/without children was expected to stay late, regardless of family emergency.

Each time I walk by the store, new people are on the floor. It's never busy.
Pros
Pizza lunch pre-store opening
Cons
The senior staff from other stores analyzing how you create displays while you're creating them, The minimal time you have to create designs:seconds, Delicate jewelry prone to breakage.
There are better companies to work for
Only accept a role here if you're desperate for some cash. Go into it with a temporary mindset because that's how they view you. Overworked, underpaid - no one really knows what they're doing there.

Extremely political. Imagine the average workplace politics and then times that by 10. Every decision made is made with a negative impression on how it will be viewed/accepted.

They are a really conservative company that is stuck in the late 1800s and they tend to hire people with the 1800s management mentality. If you do something revolutionary you are either viewed as a hero and then get fired, or you are viewed as a threat and then get fired. So just be average, and get your average pay, and look for something better while you continue to be average.
Pros
None really
Cons
HR Department - really ineffective and purposeless.
full time key holder
you should dress smart.
always try to suggest quickly.

AM is really reliable.

SM goes shopping during store hours.

the discounts on merchandise is really good.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
SM not always available
Inadequate
I was offered a seasonal position with the guarentee that I was going to get a part-time position after the season was over. The manager made me do so much extra work and she still didnt give me the part time position.
lovely jewellery
openingthe store ,till was counted,showcases checked to make sure they were cleaned and filled and neat

working at swarovski i learned a lot about crystals.there were a lot of beautiful designsmade.
Pros
occassionally free jewellery
Cons
needed managers who supported the stafff
Fast Paced Environment
Duties involved many projects and roll-outs on a continued basis which provided learning opportunities. Most had deadlines which promoted a fast paced environment.