Swarovski Employee Reviews

Hired for Full-Time, Informed to Call In for Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 December 2018
After being hired for full-time, beginning to set up the new store, three days later, the staff was told to call in for work to see if they were needed. People began quitting.

Anyone with/without children was expected to stay late, regardless of family emergency.

Each time I walk by the store, new people are on the floor. It's never busy.
Pros
Pizza lunch pre-store opening
Cons
The senior staff from other stores analyzing how you create displays while you're creating them, The minimal time you have to create designs:seconds, Delicate jewelry prone to breakage.
There are better companies to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2018
Only accept a role here if you're desperate for some cash. Go into it with a temporary mindset because that's how they view you. Overworked, underpaid - no one really knows what they're doing there.

Extremely political. Imagine the average workplace politics and then times that by 10. Every decision made is made with a negative impression on how it will be viewed/accepted.

They are a really conservative company that is stuck in the late 1800s and they tend to hire people with the 1800s management mentality. If you do something revolutionary you are either viewed as a hero and then get fired, or you are viewed as a threat and then get fired. So just be average, and get your average pay, and look for something better while you continue to be average.
Pros
None really
Cons
HR Department - really ineffective and purposeless.
Inadequate
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2018
I was offered a seasonal position with the guarentee that I was going to get a part-time position after the season was over. The manager made me do so much extra work and she still didnt give me the part time position.
lovely jewellery
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  burlington ont21 September 2018
openingthe store ,till was counted,showcases checked to make sure they were cleaned and filled and neat

working at swarovski i learned a lot about crystals.there were a lot of beautiful designsmade.
Pros
occassionally free jewellery
Cons
needed managers who supported the stafff
Fast Paced Environment
Project Deployment & Implementation Specialis (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON27 August 2018
Duties involved many projects and roll-outs on a continued basis which provided learning opportunities. Most had deadlines which promoted a fast paced environment.
Great product, disappointing leadership
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 August 2018
I worked here for over 3 years at the beginning of my career and was disappointed to see the company from the inside. The Leadership Team was discouraging and demotivating. There was a large disconnect from the parent company in Austria (and even the team in the US) in an attempt to differentiate themselves as a Canadian company.
tres bonne entreprise
Directeur de plusieurs magasins (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2018
entreprise où l'on peut se developper sur le plan administratif et acquérir de nouvelles compétences.

L'aspect le plus difficile est la gestion de plusieurs magasins sans avoir les ressources necessaires parfois
L'aspect le plus agreable est le fait d'avoir une cooperation entre gestionnaire merveilleuse.
Pros
allocations regulieres
Cons
le support du bureau chef
Amazing
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 June 2018
Amazing company to work for. They do all they can to make sure you reach your sales goals and they offer extra incentives to employees on top of commission. It's also a great introduction to luxury retail for anyone who is interested.
I have a great time there as a seasonal sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
The manager is very nice in the store, she offered great guidance to me. I learned a lot of things there as it was my first job in the foreign country.
Fun, Classy and Exciting Place
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 May 2018
Swarovski treats their employees very good, they provide above minimum plus progressive pay.

Working with jewelry is easy and fun, it is fun to sell and to also visually work with

The staff is amazing, upbeat and fun
Pros
Really good discounts

Want to know more about Swarovski?

Ask a question
Good grows
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Good environment for personal grows including communication skills, team building skill and leaderships. Fun and friendly competitions within colleges.
great co workers, terrible hours
Retail Associate/Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 February 2018
nice store, great co workers but terrible hours, have to walk far in the dark 2 blocks at night to parking lot, no benefits or room for advancement, great employee discount
Pros
great discount
Cons
teriible hours, open 365 days a year
Sparkling work place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2017
Friendly coworkers and manager
Sparkling and beautiful working space
Low commission therefore not so competitive among sales
Great start for a salesperson job
reasonable workload but unfair compansation
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2017
They don't hire permanent staff any more in F&A and no job security here. The work environment is not very healthy and work relationship is really weak.
good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 September 2017
the environment is good. Great team!
enjoying working there. However, salary is not competitive compared to other company. Give us free allocation.
Great manager.
unreasonable work pressure ans stress from top management
1.Working as Area Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
The current top management wants to build the Canadian wing Little France. They are getting rid of all non French employees slowly but surely giving reasons that doesnt make sense
terrible place to work
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
there was no room for growth within this company, I couldnt wait to get out. Be ware, there is no room for growth within this company, whatsoever , find something thats better for you
Terrible upper management ability
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 June 2017
Everything is good but the upper management. Never felt connected with the upper management.I rather work for someone who appreciates and values my work.
Pros
Free allocation, good hour
Cons
Very unprofessional upper management ability
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
I was hired for the Christmas season, I was a cashier and also a support for the other sales executives. It was my first job in sales so I learned a lot about how to build a relationship with the clients in a respectful way and also learned about how a retail store works in an operative way.

The manager was really friendly and always willing to help me to become a better sales person, The workplace culture was fun, I became friends with my coworkers and had fun with them while developing my tasks.

I think the hardest part od my job was when the floor was extremely busy. On Black Friday the store was full so I learned how to handle stress while being a helpful hand for my coworkers.

The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to create a good relationship with my coworkers, once you have that, all tasks go smoothly.
Pros
Discounts
Pleasant and Lowkey
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC6 April 2017
It is an okay job, but they give their employees very low salary. It is not much demanding in terms of work load. It is a nice job if you are a student, it is very easy to do on the side.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swarovski. Our community is ready to answer.