SVP Sports

SVP Sports Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Not to bad, it’s easy if you like to really just stand there. Nice people, sometimes fun, sometimes really slow, friendly people, good environment
but overall good
A typical workday for me's usually 10hrs. Everyone's given one 30 min lunch break and that's it.
It is legal to work for 10hrs and only have 30 mins in the middle of the day for a break, however, it is the bare minimum and it's difficult.

Management's kind until you do something wrong like ask too many questions, mess up on an order, or make small mistakes a few too many times.

Management also does not trust not value their employees.

*What wasn't included in the interview were that our bags would be checked at the end of the day, every single work shift.*

Not even sure if this is legal so I'm currently looking into this..

Different departments have different work cultures. Mine has been good to me however other departments I've heard are incredibly unkind to one another.
Pros
My department's co-workers are all very kind/friendly/supportive and helpful people
Cons
Long Hours, One 30 min break for 10hr shift, Management doesn't trust employees nor values them
Management was horrible. After the probation period, you will be given less shifts and hours to work as well as being underpaid by a lot. Management can be rude to their employees as they were very unprofessional and unorganized within the work environment. It can get very busy on weekends and holidays, be prepared for long days and short breaks.
Cons
Horrible management, underpayment, lack of hours
the store was not doing well in sales one month and a implemented a change where we wear the sales items to model it out and it helped in sales, this allowed not only the management to make changes but the employees to for the betterment of the company
There was always something to do and different sections to work in. They had a great team and management to work with. it was a kind and friendly space.
Great for experience. However your hours fluctuate. No room to move up as a career and learn new positions. I recommend it as a summer job to get a lot of hours.
Pros
social environment
Cons
work environment
chill place with chill people good managers but all in all the work was soft and this defiantly was a good experience in the retail field. I recommend this place for anyone trying to get into retail.
Pros
employees are nice, easy work
Cons
some annoying customers, no free lunches
Your average sports clothing store everyone seems welcoming but isn’t really the main manager is kind of unprofessional and is direspecful and I honestly believe he didn’t want me working there
Pros
Discount on the merchandise
Cons
Unwelcoming
Ok place to work very boring at times, place is crammed on weekends and may be hard to deal with customers. If you start on a bad relationship with the manager they will only give you 1-2 shifts a week till they give you none.
Pros
Good co-workers, Good first job
• really relaxed work environment
• employees are all nice and friendly towards each other

• most weekdays I've worked it's been slow

• managers are very understanding
I have loved my time here it's been a great experience all around and a big learning curve for myself. I feel that the management is a dream to work with
Pros
flexible, always learning, never bored, tons of fun
Cons
weather
I usually work on weekends and as it was my first job in canada, I have learnt so many things there as in like how to handle a customer when you are selling something, how to work with a management and how to know people with diversity. At the workplace, the things are really easy going, they give us benefits and ask for dedication in work. The hardest part of the job is when it is peak time for sale and there is a whole crowd to watch at and help with whereas this is only the best part of the work as well.
Pros
discounts
A typical day (for my shift) would involve start to end. During the mornings and evenings it would be quieter, but between 12:00 and 5:00 it was quite busy.

The management made sure I had received proper training and a quick tour of the place before I started working and it made the work that much easier for me.

The coworkers were some of the most easy going people I have met, but they knew exactly how to take their jobs seriously when it was busy. Friendly people overall with a solid work ethic.
Pros
Worked right next to food court.
It's a certainly great place for students looking for part time work while in school.

It's slow during the day (weekday) and early afternoon but it picks up quite quickly during 3 - 4 pm all the way until closing. It is, however, busy during the weekend and especially during sales days and holidays.

It's a fun work place as employees and the management team make it so.
Pros
paid breaks, weekly paycheques