Suzy Shier

Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Canada305 reviews
productivity was decent
slow and steady, felt like the other employees could have been a bit more supportive as well understanding. felt like a judgemental and negative placement.
Pros
they were nice
Fun Workplace
Excellent team to work with. Management is great. Lots of opportunities to grow in the company. Love customer interactions. Nice collection of clothes as well.
great workplace
AMAZING place to work, loved it, I worked in 3 different locations during school and would still work there today!

My team was always supportive and friendly, I looked forward to going to work :)
You can get customer service experience
Improve your communication skills

Work in a busy environment

Be ready to multitask

Always do something even when the

store is not busy

Set up the store
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Bad salary
Fun, challenging at first
It was fun, fast paced at times, sometimes really slow. Must have high tolerance for customers. Great environment, nice people, and the staff knew what they were doing.
Fun workplace
I had a fairly good experience working there and had gained knowledge and experience every single day. It is a fairly positive environment and i had great management.
Excellent workplace
I like to work at Suzy Shier.Very helpful staff and manager.
Trainning session is also I love. Very relaxing working atmosphere and all co workers are very helpful and co operative.
Don't bother to work there.
One of my worst experiences to work at this company. They catch you with lies and fake promises, like a spider in the web. And, after that, prepare to be a slave, with long and underpaid hours, a lot of stress and no satisfaction or balance. Don't waste your time and your life trying to work at Suzy. Is not worth it.
worst place to possibly work
If you want to work here, please reconsider. You will be expected to work like crazy for very little pay. Management at multiple locations were extremely rude and disrespectful, and if you complain to head office, nothing is done about it. They do not care about you personally at all, just about the company. It is an extremely hostile environment to work in. There is a constant turnover in management. There is a lot of bullying that goes on within the company. Upper management speak poorly of employees, racist comments are made, and a lot gossip is prevalent in the company. The only benefit of the job is that because they hire literally anyone, it is easy to gain experience and build up your resume.
Pros
work experience
Cons
everything
Big mistake
Not interested in their people they have working for them
All about the $$

Won’t promote from within to higher management or head office

Don’t invest in proper tools to train the staff
Fashionable trends at great prices
Friendly working environment. Able to work alone or with others. Work together as a team to maintain and achieve required goals. Strong customers service skills to handle difficult situations.
Work place experience
I would like to say that working at suzy shier is a wonderful place to meet new people and connect with them. Its amazing to see that all of us woman do enjoy fashion,
The DM does not approve of piercings
I was hired with piercings in and a single (tasteful) visible tattoo and I asked if they were a problem during the interview, she said no. A month goes by and the DM demands I take out all my piercings, they told me having my hair up in a tidy ponytail wasnt "on brand" and that I needed to have it down and styled. Management will talk and goof around on the floor and then turn around and tell you you arent doing enough because a customer 2 ft away from them, but on the other side of the store from you, asked them for help. I made 3 sales over $300 the weekend before they fired me and helped 2 separate people to their cars on the same day with 3-4 huge bags filled with clothing, and they cited "not helping customers" as one of the reasons for letting me go.
Pros
You can win gift cards
Cons
Low pay, management, constant disarray of the back room
Awful
Was there for many years along with many other girls that I had worked with. Regardless of how long you have worked there and how much you have done they don’t see that and barely get paid more than minimum wage.
Loved my job!
I loved managing Suzy Shier. My days were non-stop; budgets, inventory, stock, scheduling, product placement, visual changes, emails, interviews, coaching and developing staff, customer service, conference calls, audits...but I loved being busy and I loved the way my team always pulled together and we always had an amazing looking store and amazing customer service!
Pros
The manager discount was always a plus!
Cons
Salary was low for the amount of work a store manager as to do
It wasn't worth it
It was my first job and with part time i was expecting to get more than 3-6 hours a week if that, the staff was sweet the customers were nice the environment was good for the location.
worked with friends
Lots of drama- a coworker got a manager fired. The manager was very people orientated and was lovely. Lots of gossip and catty girls. Enjoyed working with them though,
good working conditions with friendly guidance and collegues
overall good working experience. management is helpful and cordial.
good workplace culture . we insists on providing best customer service .colleagues are very helpful
The most enjoyable part of the job
The most enjoyable part of my job was all of my coworkers and management they are all amazing girls and made going to work so enjoyable, also so my customers I’ll never forget I’ve meet so many lovely people.
It was a fun team to work with
I worked at the old Dufferin mall location before they moved. In 2007 the team I worked with was very fun, the company went through a change in their style. a lot changed.
Not at all a good company to work for
Worked there for 3 months. Walked into a mess, nothing ser up to standards, hard to find any information pertaining to my role as a manager anywhere. Didn't receive training until week 5 and even that was minimal. DM was not supportive in the least. The more I asked the less he would respond. His visit to the store consisted of him standing around unpacking or packing stock. There was no training whatsoever and zero support. Thier expectations are absolutely ridiculous and as I further progressed saw that they contradicted themselves every which way. Ridiculous! oh and the pay sucks...dont work for this company. Shame on them for expecting so much beyond what's humanly possible for so little pay and zero support!!! DM got on board suzy shier thru a friend a few months before I started and I saw no improvement on his knowledge in order to support myself and my job requirements. All I saw was gossip, gossip, gossip. Maybe they should rethink upper management. Bottomline dont bother working thier unless you on as a sales Associate cuz they get away with murder!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suzy Shier. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8