Suzy Shier Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
Great team and good environment. Learned a lot especially in terms of customer service. Great choices of clothing and very reasonable prices. The management team is awesome and very helpful.
fun workplace,
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
Great place with amazing co workers. The job was fairly easy, for example cleaning up the store, greeting customers and cash. scheduling for shift was given a week before instead of last minute.
Great Job for Advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2019
It is the type of job where there is little help or guidance from upper management. It is more of a "sink of swim environment. However if you are hard-working and determined you are able to learn and advance in your career.
Amazing place to work
Contract manager (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON15 January 2019
This is an amazing company with amazing staff. I am only a contract manager and even in my short time here, I absolutely love my team members and the upper management! A great place to wet my feet in the retail world.
Pros
Good wage, positive atmosphere, amazing employees
Great experience managing a team, good training opportunities.
Manager, Scarborough Town Centre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
I learned a great deal at Suzy Shier especially in terms of managing a team. It was a great chance to hone my customer service skills and manage a team.
Pros
Great training opportunities
productive and safe environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2019
A typical day at work would be talking to the customers, helping them with any outfit they needed me to show them or give a fashion advice.
I learned to deal with hectic customers, days when it would get crazy busy. Learned to multitask, and dedicated my full attention to the customers.
Even though I haven't been a manager, to know how to manage a team environment. I would still help out my co-workers in whatever they needed, example I would help train the new employees.
The workplace culture was great, each one of us has a culture, and we would share it, not just with each other but with in the customers, example we would have to translate to the customers and that was great of help.
The hardest part was in the holidays, since we had more customers than usual, but that helps us out in the way we see it. To see truly how well we would help out the customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was, to see the happy expression on the customers, seeing that we succeeded on what they were looking for or even better something they didn't expected.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Overall a good start up for a career oriented individual.
Employee (Former Employee) –  BC2 January 2019
Can learn a lot through hard work and determination. The workload often shifts to the employees already giving their best so one needs to draw a line.
Ok company to work at, just like any other retail store.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2018
Hours were less than 30/weekly.
Good for part time workers, not very much if you're looking for a full time position.
Great team.
Short break for part time positions.
Pros
Incentives upon reaching goal
Cons
Standing for 8 hours straight, short breaks.
High expectations, Little rewards
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2018
Worked with a lot of nice people but felt under valued by upper management. A lot of time the job was stressful with tight timeline and poor planning. Never received proper training but was always expected to know how things were done. Even if you preformed well you were not rewarded with wage increases. Mostly given small gifts(gift cards, product or free lunches) which essentially put the money back in the company pocket. Company benefits were minimal.
Pros
Discounts across all banners
Cons
Low wages
Not Strict
Ecommerce help (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 November 2018
It is a good Company, where everyone is friendly and feel comfortable.

They have good community to organize fun stuff during summer time and Christmas time.
Love love love
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 November 2018
I loved working for this company so much. I loved waking up in the morning to work with my suzy family. The staff was the best we all got along. We helped each other out when needed.
Pros
Good happy and helpful staff
Cons
the salary was very low
Productive fun work place
Sales Associate/ Part-time (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 November 2018
Suzy Shier was a great place to work. I loved the YM company, I have also worked for stitches and enjoyed my time there,. It was a great way for me to gain management experience.
average job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 November 2018
great staff, the management wasn't all that great, hours were not flexible at all so it wasn't convenient when going to school. pay is minimum wage of course. alright part-time job
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2018
The workplace is very fun and easy going. Very easy to learn and to move up in the company, as well as head office is very easy to please once you know what you are doing.
Great place to work at.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2018
Great Place to work at. The team is amazing and everyone is close with each other. Alot of support from The District Manager, you can call her at anytime and she will be there for you. You get to build your own team, everyone has a role (department of focus) and duties to do and they all work hard to achieve the sale. You always get trianed for the next step/position and they always promote within the company.
Pros
Great bonus program when you make your sale.
Awful place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 September 2018
Run as fast and as far away from this company. They pretend to care about you but they really dont. It's all about money to them. They over work you. They over look things. They just done care about you at all
Great place to work !!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON24 August 2018
Suzy has a great staff including fair rules & regulations... best place I've ever worked... great discounts also .. only negative is not a lot of hours ..
Pros
Staff like family, great discounts, fun workplace
Cons
No hours
good staff, mediocre organization
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 August 2018
in working at suzy shier i formed friendships, i enjoyed the staff and the people whom i saw on a regular basis, however i did not enjoy the organization level of the management and book keepers which i found to be continuously flawed.
Good starting place
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2018
Advancement offered quickly and the employee discount is cross all banners. Training is rushed as staff turnover is high. Most positions are minium wage.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
low pay
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  17600 Yonge St, Newmarket, ON L3Y 4Z113 June 2018
Suzy Shier was a fun summer job after High school education.
Good retail and customer service experience .
Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.