Sutton Place Hotels

Sutton Place Hotels Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

i was growning fast by working for this company

salary was ok, job was securied. managers are very nice. customers are high scale and easy to deal. location is in center of edmonton. sometime people around area are scatchy. overall it's good company to work with.

Good place to start but not for longvterm

Many of employees there have been working more than 20 years. So yes some positions do have better benefits than other hotels, but not every positions are sppreciated much by its employees. Very good place for a starter but not for the career advancement. Current Management is not up to its own reputations and worth, most of the time, long term employees are the ones sustaining the operations.

Stressful, poorly managed workplace

Good for meeting people and a free ski pass but a disaster for everything else. You'll be working 5 days a week with only 2 days to ski. Possibly the worst job to get if you want to be on the hill a lot. The rota and scheduling was shambolic, hours cut and raised constantly with no explanation. Some people were working 5 days a week and they only wanted 4 and vice versa. Nothing changed in the 6 months that I was there. If you need to get the bus back home in the winter then good luck. The shuttle bus leaves at 16:30 and the finishing time for housekeepers is 16:30. This leaves you with a fast run through the hotel and if you miss it then you have to wait until 18:00 for the next one.

A Rewarding Job!

Working for Sutton Place Hotel was the first hotel job I’ve received and the staff and people in that place made it easy for me to adapt to my profession easily. I started in housekeeping and the people were so nice and kind to me. Working for Sutton Place Hotel made me feel like I have a second family :)

Pros

Benefits, raise and free meal

Cons

Strict scheduling

Productive and Fun Workplace

Excellent People to work with Grew Up with the Company and only good things Would have never been able to work if I hadn't had such understanding and supportive Management

Pros

Great Benefits and Very Understanding and Supportive Management and Staff

Cons

No Cons

Overall good quality

One of the older hotels in the city. Rooms are slightly out of date that cause some customer dissatisfaction and complaints. Culture is great and friendly. Another great place to start and get your feet wet.

Pros

salary is at par with industry

Cons

not much room to grow

Stable if not lucrative

While the management and job security was excellent, the pay and general working hours were quite poor (expected of a hotel)

Pros

Excellent Management

fun

fun to work here is good it is good job has good timeneed ore hours

the place was sold and close

one other place who was not paying much and lots of jobs staff was good not enough staff

Pros

free lunch

Cons

lots of overtimes

Very good honest & hard worker

Hard worker, Honest & Sincere.Need to carry heavy stuff. Serving food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutton Place Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3