Sutton Place Hotels

Sutton Place Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews

staffplaceworkingmanagementgreatjobworkmanager

Great place to work, but no time off

Great place to work but actually being able to take time off wasn't possible. Blacked out vacations/day off from April-Sept.Enjoy working there though.

Pros

Great product

Cons

Long hours, hard to take a day off.

Negative work environment

Worked here for a winter season. Fine if you’re looking for a easy job with a ski pass. Management wasn’t great and manager turnover is high because they’re overworked. Wouldn’t suggest working there for longer then a season or two.

Pros

Ski pass

Cons

Long days, high turnover

Insights into Sutton Place Hotels

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Well missed!

Loved working at the Sutton Place Hotel. There will never be another company like it, as almost every employee stayed for years, with a low turnover rate, and were like a big family.

Great place to work with people being very supportive.

I worked at Sutton Place for 2 years and it was a great place to work with strong support from leadership team and it was fun to work with people to work.

Banquet Porter suprvisor.

I had a lot of fun professionally dealing with cotumers. Solving problems and cleanliness of the surrounding i s a must. I supervise all the rooms that were set up making sure that it was set up as planned.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Housekeeping Job is suitable for me

I want to do a a job under your company as a housekeeper. If you give me a opportunity to do a job on the your company I will be very happy. Please appoint me

i was growning fast by working for this company

salary was ok, job was securied. managers are very nice. customers are high scale and easy to deal. location is in center of edmonton. sometime people around area are scatchy. overall it's good company to work with.

Great employees, genuine and very inclusive people

The employees are great here, that's the most enjoyable part of my job. Everyone treats each other like family. The job itself is not so hard as long as you are have professional work ethics and always on top of things, do your part of the work and don't be a slacker. I love working here.

Friendly work environment

I had a wonderful work experience in Sutton Place Hotel in Edmonton. All the team members and supervisors are very cooperative and friendly. I enjoyed the job all the way.

Busy fast paced ski resort base hotel!

It's a different environment than a normal hotel, being at the base of a ski hill. I love the ski vibe of the hotel and it's generally a really positive environment.

Variable and exciting work place

A great place to work with fantastic managers. A relaxed and professional environment. Large sociable team with lots of interdepartmental fun. would recommend.

Good place to start but not for longvterm

Many of employees there have been working more than 20 years. So yes some positions do have better benefits than other hotels, but not every positions are sppreciated much by its employees. Very good place for a starter but not for the career advancement. Current Management is not up to its own reputations and worth, most of the time, long term employees are the ones sustaining the operations.

a great teem enviroment

new management has little car for employee wellfare and has little motivation to better understand the work culture of it's employee's when profit is the only motivator.

Competing with several high end hotels downtown

Great hotel with an excellent location just steps from Edmonton's Ice District. Staff are treated well and their are several who have been their a long time.

A great team, a great hotel that is well managed. I enjoyed working at the Sutton Place Hotel. A great opportunity for anyone that is looking for a career in the hotel industry.

Fun workplace

The best company I ever had, very supportive management, especially the HR Manager. Stressed during the busy season, but fun and a very interesting workplace, the individual team is giving and receiving support most of the time.

Great team and fast paced environment

It is a great job for people who enjoy working closely with a team and providing a high level of customer service. You show up to work and are met with happy co-workers and happy guests who are visiting from all over the world. Every day is different and allows for many different challenges and learning experiences.

fun to work

Staff are welcoming and smiles to everyone. Staff has the ability to to take criticism, listening skills to make sure that they are meeting the needs of their clients.

Stressful, poorly managed workplace

Good for meeting people and a free ski pass but a disaster for everything else. You'll be working 5 days a week with only 2 days to ski. Possibly the worst job to get if you want to be on the hill a lot. The rota and scheduling was shambolic, hours cut and raised constantly with no explanation. Some people were working 5 days a week and they only wanted 4 and vice versa. Nothing changed in the 6 months that I was there. If you need to get the bus back home in the winter then good luck. The shuttle bus leaves at 16:30 and the finishing time for housekeepers is 16:30. This leaves you with a fast run through the hotel and if you miss it then you have to wait until 18:00 for the next one.

A Rewarding Job!

Working for Sutton Place Hotel was the first hotel job I’ve received and the staff and people in that place made it easy for me to adapt to my profession easily. I started in housekeeping and the people were so nice and kind to me. Working for Sutton Place Hotel made me feel like I have a second family :)

Pros

Benefits, raise and free meal

Cons

Strict scheduling

productive and fun work place, an overall great experience

Had a great experience working for the Sutton, learned a lot of valuable skills. The positive work environment, and excellent management made it easy to learn the position and be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutton Place Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement