Sutherland
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Sutherland Employee Reviews

Found 590 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,103 reviews

Good job

The training is awesome. The trainers really know their stuff and make learning fun.After the training you are pretty much thrown to the wolves. You have support but it's through chat and you never know if your question will be answered with the correct solution. This makes it stressful while the customer is waiting and wants an answer . At this point they don't want to hear more small talk because they're angry.I would suggest after we are done nesting (training) that every week after we go back for 1 day of training because EVERYONE will have so many questions and they need the expertise of the trainers to help them. The trainers have the time to detail everything without pressure which makes for a better learning environment. I would suggest after nesting (training) new employees work 2 days then go back for 1 day training followed by 2 more days of work. I would do this for 1 month and then reduce it down to 2 hours with trainers once a week for another 2 months or basically your whole 3 month probation period. After the 3 month period meeting up with the trainers once a month for 1 hour more advanced training would be awesome. Honestly I believe the employees would be much better trained and be able to make customers happier quicker and much more efficient. The motto would be "FASTER, BETTER, HAPPIER".

8 September 2021
Hi there! Thank you so much for this feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience and will share your suggestions with the appropriate teams. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this perspective, and hope you have a wonderful day!

Good

Working from home is good you get avail time. Schedules are flexible as well. I would say go for it if you need relaxing work. Take calls go home nothing to work and worry at home after work.

Stressful with low pay

it was very stressful job. When I started training our class was made with 30 people, out of 30 at least 20 left within first week of work. The training is okay but doesn't prepare you for real scenarios. The companies they work with are bad at core, so customers mostly screaming at you for something out of your control. They don't provide enough information to their employees to pass it to the customers which leads to untrusty relation on call. it was not fun working at all.

Best Place To Work If You Want NO Future

This place is a real shame, the work from home program at Sutherland Global has great potential but unfortunately it's rotten from the top. There is no management, if you have a problem better fix it yourself because they wont even notice you asked something. Want to advance? Forget about it. You are nothing, but they will dangle the fake carrot of "things will be better soon" until they use you up then they will toss you aside and feed the same line to the next sucker. The pay is terrible, the environment is terrible and the culture is stab ya in the back goodness. The silver lining here is there are a few good folk there, and the health benefits package once they are done bungling getting it to you for a few extra months, is quite good. The only reason this job is semi tolerable to me is it allows me to stay home with my kid and work at the same time, but with any luck by the time you read this I will have moved on to greener pastures. Fun fact btw, someone provinces have lower minimums so they pay you less for being from Alberta than if you are in Ontario for doing the same work.

Pros

Health Care Benefits

23 September 2021
Good day. We are disappointed that you are not having a more positive experience with us. Sutherland strives to foster an environment in which all our employees can grow and flourish, whether working on site or working from home. Thank you for sharing this perspective on where we may have opportunities to further improve. Best wishes.

Fair rules can be competitive source of income good support

Coming from someone working there the last 8 years in different department's and being a supervisor at multiple hospitality and retail jobs, this job is a lot easier than most out there and if you come to work like a normal person when you are supposed to "most of the time", don't take everything said to you personally, don't use unprofessional language randomly, have decent customer service skills, this job is easy money with good benefits. They do offer lots of opportunities for advancement, they do work with personal issues to some extent as long as you communicate with management, they do coach you if you need to improve any of your skills, the clients also give you a fair chance to improve your skills as well. If you want to do work, there is easy money to be made all the time and once you show them you are going to work you will have good job stability as well. I have no complaints about the management, various positions, clients and salary in this company at this point

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Mostly full time unless in school

8 September 2021
Hello, and thank you for this phenomenal feedback! As an employee-centric company, Sutherland indeed aims to provide an environment conducive to professional development. We are thrilled that you are enjoying the experience, and hope you will continue to grow with us. Thank you for being part of our One Sutherland team! Let's continue playing to win!

Advancement is a dangled carrot

The amount of times I was praised for my work ethic and knowledge, and told I was next in line for a promotion, only to be given some bureaucratic excuse for why i was passed up time and time again is aggravating. If you're happy taking calls for the rest of your life. This is the job for you.

8 September 2021
Hello. We regret that your experience was anything less than positive. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve by providing this feedback. Best wishes.

You’re just a number.

You’re just a number, if you’re favorited by management then it’s different. They do attempt to work with you, but some not all of the managers need to start reading books on how to communicate with others. They can try by reading “skill with people” it’s a mall book so it won’t take long.

Pros

Free lunches ere and there, decent managers (here and there)

Cons

You’re literally just a number.

8 September 2021
Hello. We are disappointed that you did not have a more positive experience with us. We have noted your concerns and appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. Best wishes.

Does not care about their people

One of the worsts, we call this company, Sufferland. Only care about clients, SL. They hage force OTs, force RzdOTs, theire managers are not professional. Almost wanting to have se. Ah x in their stations

Pros

Cons

Force ots, force rdots. Schedule changes abruptly

Bad work culture

They don't pay you too much.Gratuites are withheld.Management is disorganized.Support team is built with immature employees.Bad malpractice of the company overall.

Pros

Cons

Pay, Unpaid wages, bad managers

People are nice, job sucks, management unclear of what to say or do, look at each other but don't have any answers themselves

Not a nice place to work for if you're looking for a job which is interesting. You'll have customers ranting all day. The thing I hated the most, they ask you to use washroom only during breaks. You put the phone down for a minute and you gget a text asking about your whereabouts. They want you working like a robot, 8 hours, constanly on calls. And their management knows no answers. Only work there if you are

Pros

It is a NOC B job

Cons

everything else

31 May 2021
Hello, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on where we do well and where we may have opportunities to enhance the Sutherland experience for all our employees. Have a great day.

Worst place and stressful

It started with work from home, management here is poor and there is no support at all. You get trained to loose your self respect and dignity, and hear all the bad coming to you.. your opinions are not appreciated or considered at this place. You are to be blamed for everything. The worst is they don’t even take your back or educate you on improving, they are done after training, then you have to be super smart to learn things or get bumped. Stressful job and it’s all about metrics and satisfying customers even if they are wrong, which is everytime.If you seek a good career? I advice you act blindfold when you see the name of this company..

Pros

Fixed hours

Cons

Way too many

31 May 2021
Good day. At Sutherland, we aim to provide a positive work experience in which all our employees have the appropriate guidance, tools and support needed for growth. Thank you for letting us know where we may have opportunities to further improve. Best wishes!

Poor Workplace Environment

Although I loved the idea of working from home, this is not a good company. Typical call centre that is strictly focused on performance and metrics. No care for the employees and everything you learn in training can go out the window as then you get in trouble for doing what you were taught. They set you for up for failure and there is a true lack of support when you need it. They do not care at all about you as a person or an employee. They are super strict, even if you're one second late you get talked to about it and they use scare tactics. There is no understanding around appointments and there is no life balance. Expect to not have a life or to see your family because they expect you to be on calls well after the end of your shift. Long hours and no consideration for your home life. They have a very long and intensive interview process and then tons of software to download to your PC. I did not enjoy my time here. Trust me, if you have any respect for yourself, do not work here and you can do better. They do have a decent benefits package but that's about it. When you need help, you literally have to jump through hoops just to get told you have email someone else. It was not fun, full of stress and always on edge to ensure you were on time and maintaining your performance. Slightly more than minimum wage but it's not enought to live on and its no where near enough for the kind of stuff you have to do and the amount of stress, it's just not worth it. I was tech support for an American company, not even sure if that's legal. Customers from the states calling in and were shocked -

Pros

Decent Benenfits

Cons

Way too many to list.

31 May 2021
Hello. We are deeply disappointed that your experience with us was less than stellar. As an employee-first global company, we value all feedback and may use your input to assist us in refining the Sutherland experience for all our employees. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes!

Very productive and great place

Great place to work if you want to excel your career in forward direction. Team is great and always helping. Overall positive environment that helps you grow

Benefits

Cons

Long hour’s

31 May 2021
Hi there! Thank you for this 5-star review! As an employee-centric company, Sutherland is indeed a great place to work and we are thrilled that you are pleased with the overall experience. We hope you will continue to grow with us, and thank you for being part of our One Sutherland team! Have an awesome day!

management is friendly but work is stressful

stressful environment , back to back calls and minimum vage with no job security . do any other job in the market if you have little bit of self respect . Customers are super rude and dis respectfull

Cons

minimum wage, stressful environment

12 May 2021
Hello. As a global digital transformation company, we are aware that this environment can sometimes be fast-paced and demanding. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Have a great day.

Good benefits

Good benefits, minimum wage, support team, work from home is available but the pay does not match the stress from talking to rude customers who won’t listen.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Customer service

23 April 2021
Good day. As a global digital transformation company, we are aware that this environment can sometimes be demanding. Thank you for sharing your experience. Best wishes!

Provide typical Jobs at the call centre

Works by the hours, breaks counts every minutes/second, very strict on timing. Make the job more stressful than it should be. The job position is relatively stable if you are willing to be a workaholic.

23 April 2021
Hello. As a global digital transformation company, we are aware that this environment can sometimes be fast-paced and demanding. Thank you for sharing this candid feedback. Have a great day!

Bad job hidden in a good job

Ultimately, combined was a good experience, just coated with a lot of bum deals. First, you were a private contractor. However, you had zero authority to go where you wanted and zero permission to proceed during the day as you saw fit. Second, which could have easily been number one; cold casing and worse, cold calling, but it was walking from door to door. Third, you had to visit all old combined clients to service them and answer any questions. All my clients turned into someone who sees potential clients. If they happen to upset them on the six-month visit, I could have lost a client.

Pros

Always winning prizes, potential of getting large scale money once you moved into management

Cons

As indicated above except cold calling is moved to number one.

23 April 2021
Hello, and thank you for this candid feedback on where we do well and where we may have opportunities to refine the experience for all our folks. Have a great day!

Sutherland is a great career opportunity for those to experience rapid career growth

Sutherland was a wonderful place to work, and the staff and management were friendly and kind to me at all times. I love Sutherland and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an entry level position in a positive work environment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

none. It is a very positive work environment.

23 April 2021
Hi there! Thanks for this stellar feedback! Sutherland definitely aims to provide a positive and professional environment in which all our employees can grow and flourish. In fact, we strive to provide multiple opportunities for employees, whether starting or building a career. Thanks again, and hope you have an awesome day!

Professional and friendly management

Fairly stress free job if you are someone who genuinely like helping people you will like this job. Management is friendly and supportive. It could be fun if you are not someone who takes angry clients words to your heart.

Pros

free parking, relatively stress free

Cons

can become hectic at times

23 April 2021
Good day! Thank you for this 5-star review! At Sutherland, we indeed aim to ensure that all our employees are empowered with the support, guidance and tools needed to develop professionally. Thank you again, and we wish you all the very best!

The are a good company for new comers

If you are a student or a new comer it is a very much recommended place to work. depends on which program you are working for, some program has high influx of call and some has low. they have a very professional work environment and management do try their best to accommodate your personal preferences.

Pros

you get decent health benefits for working in this company

Cons

you may work for a program which has rotational shifts

23 April 2021
Hello! Thank you for reviewing us! As a global digital transformation company, Sutherland indeed strives to provide multiple opportunities for employees, whether starting or building a career. Thank you for being part of our One Sutherland team, and hope you have an awesome day!

Don’t work here

Worst place to work at, talk to US customers all day and lie to them half the time about where we are, worst culture ever. Why am I in Canada working for AT&T customer service is that even legal? You tell me

23 April 2021
Hello. As a global digital process transformation company, we are aware that this environment can sometimes be demanding. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Best wishes!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9K