Sutherland

Found 601 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,156 reviews

Insights into Sutherland

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things

Not compensated for you time

Typical day is show up, do your work calls chat etc and get reviewed by a team leaded. th issue is pay sucks and you get bad calls that you simply cant help with but they bring your scorecard down.

Very good place to work at

Very good place to work at. ability to make your own schedule and break off your own lunch and days off. Helpful front desk and massage oil/gel provided.

Productive and friendly environment

It was good but after releveing,no proper respose regarding the experience certificate and salary. But the working environment was really friendly. First 3 months the work was little stressed.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Delayed resopse from the manager

I would never recommend this company to my worst enemy. The management is both corrupt and run by a handful of inner circle abusers.

Horrible experience. The inner circle is run by people whom have been systematically filtering those who are likely to work in higher levels of the company.

This job will give you enough time to find a better one.

Lack support and terrible coordination between QA and management. Premium is not paid properly. HR is avoidant and this lady will turn the other way to issues raised. Their response is to blame it on you and create problems for you if you ask them to address problems raised. So if you are left hanging with no one to help you and angry customers take it out on you, you will be blamed for it until you can't take it any more. The more caring you are the more you will be taken advantage of, this place is a bloodsucking machine. Run!

Pros

Single job

Cons

Politics from people you need to support you to get the job done, if you have a real issue their backs are turned, terrible pay, irresponsible

Stressful

Management doesn't care about employees. The only thing they care is commissioning from their client. A work place that protects their buddies and families.

It's okay

Nothing special, it's a call center job. Don't expect much at all... the constant shifting of hours and changing departments is wearing me out... there is nothing more to say...

Pros

Cafeteria with good selection of snacks

Cons

Customers and bad shifts

A stepping stone

First of all, I have a master's degree. I decided to change career to IT right after graduation and I needed a job badly at the time. I'm grateful that Sutherland gave me an opportunity while seemingly no other company would (small city, end of year, COVID, etc.)Good words end here, unfortunately. Because of call centre nature, call taking agents are usually very busy and stressed. I took calls for two months and (were asked to) switched to emails. Life is much quieter and relaxing, although for some it could also mean boring and dreadful. I enjoyed my email days until new opportunity knocked my door.The management is a mess and it's my biggest complain about the company. Team managers only seem to care about their metrics/performance. When agents need them for things like paid time leave, reschedule, or even freaking resignation, they are unresponsive to say the least. I've had a couple of TMs and only one is exception. In short, the management is ignorant and cold blooded.The pay, there is nothing to write home about. Lowest across industry and no pay increase during my year. Other benefits are pretty standard, but as I mentioned before, good luck scheduling PTO with your team manager.All in all, I only recommend this company if you are new grad, looking for a job badly, no one's willing to take you, you plan to self-study off work, and plan to leave for better job as soon as possible.

Pros

no commute, no dress code, email team is relaxing

Cons

call taking agents are stressed, management is unresponsive

Very sad at the bad views, Great place to work!

I found that the mangers do care and will take the time to help you. If you communicate there is a issue they will help remember they don't read minds. Work can be stressful at times when client is angry, but just remember they are mad at issue, not you and it will get better. Training is provide throughout entire time working. Team Mangers will help you after training on any call again you just need to ask. You can advance if you work for it - I applaud this company they give hard working employee's first shot at management, Don't believe it is dangle like a carrot and no promotions at all - I had to tell them no many times love being a agent. They do not discriminate at all - if you have disability they will work with you - again communication is the key - Time off is need put in request always approved. Not only benefits they provide bonuses and swag. They care about employee's and well being - I would take the chance if I was YOU - I did and it pays my bills with loads of extra and love it!

Pros

Can will prizes and money. Free lunches.

Cons

Can be back to back calls.

Good temporary job

This is a job you can work at until you find something more suitable. Simple and straightforward, nice people who will help you learn and convenient for wfh.

Okay

It is okay to work here as long as you can Hadley’s stress very well. We had back to back calls all day and in the sales position we had to make sakes even on angry calls.

Good

Working from home is good you get avail time. Schedules are flexible as well. I would say go for it if you need relaxing work. Take calls go home nothing to work and worry at home after work.

Stressful with low pay

it was very stressful job. When I started training our class was made with 30 people, out of 30 at least 20 left within first week of work. The training is okay but doesn't prepare you for real scenarios. The companies they work with are bad at core, so customers mostly screaming at you for something out of your control. They don't provide enough information to their employees to pass it to the customers which leads to untrusty relation on call. it was not fun working at all.

Best Place To Work If You Want NO Future

This place is a real shame, the work from home program at Sutherland Global has great potential but unfortunately it's rotten from the top. There is no management, if you have a problem better fix it yourself because they wont even notice you asked something. Want to advance? Forget about it. You are nothing, but they will dangle the fake carrot of "things will be better soon" until they use you up then they will toss you aside and feed the same line to the next sucker. The pay is terrible, the environment is terrible and the culture is stab ya in the back goodness. The silver lining here is there are a few good folk there, and the health benefits package once they are done bungling getting it to you for a few extra months, is quite good. The only reason this job is semi tolerable to me is it allows me to stay home with my kid and work at the same time, but with any luck by the time you read this I will have moved on to greener pastures. Fun fact btw, someone provinces have lower minimums so they pay you less for being from Alberta than if you are in Ontario for doing the same work.

Pros

Health Care Benefits

23 September 2021
Good day. We are disappointed that you are not having a more positive experience with us. Sutherland strives to foster an environment in which all our employees can grow and flourish, whether working on site or working from home. Thank you for sharing this perspective on where we may have opportunities to further improve. Best wishes.

Good job

The training is awesome. The trainers really know their stuff and make learning fun.After the training you are pretty much thrown to the wolves. You have support but it's through chat and you never know if your question will be answered with the correct solution. This makes it stressful while the customer is waiting and wants an answer . At this point they don't want to hear more small talk because they're angry.I would suggest after we are done nesting (training) that every week after we go back for 1 day of training because EVERYONE will have so many questions and they need the expertise of the trainers to help them. The trainers have the time to detail everything without pressure which makes for a better learning environment. I would suggest after nesting (training) new employees work 2 days then go back for 1 day training followed by 2 more days of work. I would do this for 1 month and then reduce it down to 2 hours with trainers once a week for another 2 months or basically your whole 3 month probation period. After the 3 month period meeting up with the trainers once a month for 1 hour more advanced training would be awesome. Honestly I believe the employees would be much better trained and be able to make customers happier quicker and much more efficient. The motto would be "FASTER, BETTER, HAPPIER".

8 September 2021
Hi there! Thank you so much for this feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience and will share your suggestions with the appropriate teams. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this perspective, and hope you have a wonderful day!

Fair rules can be competitive source of income good support

Coming from someone working there the last 8 years in different department's and being a supervisor at multiple hospitality and retail jobs, this job is a lot easier than most out there and if you come to work like a normal person when you are supposed to "most of the time", don't take everything said to you personally, don't use unprofessional language randomly, have decent customer service skills, this job is easy money with good benefits. They do offer lots of opportunities for advancement, they do work with personal issues to some extent as long as you communicate with management, they do coach you if you need to improve any of your skills, the clients also give you a fair chance to improve your skills as well. If you want to do work, there is easy money to be made all the time and once you show them you are going to work you will have good job stability as well. I have no complaints about the management, various positions, clients and salary in this company at this point

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Mostly full time unless in school

8 September 2021
Hello, and thank you for this phenomenal feedback! As an employee-centric company, Sutherland indeed aims to provide an environment conducive to professional development. We are thrilled that you are enjoying the experience, and hope you will continue to grow with us. Thank you for being part of our One Sutherland team! Let's continue playing to win!

Advancement is a dangled carrot

The amount of times I was praised for my work ethic and knowledge, and told I was next in line for a promotion, only to be given some bureaucratic excuse for why i was passed up time and time again is aggravating. If you're happy taking calls for the rest of your life. This is the job for you.

8 September 2021
Hello. We regret that your experience was anything less than positive. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve by providing this feedback. Best wishes.

You’re just a number.

You’re just a number, if you’re favorited by management then it’s different. They do attempt to work with you, but some not all of the managers need to start reading books on how to communicate with others. They can try by reading “skill with people” it’s a mall book so it won’t take long.

Pros

Free lunches ere and there, decent managers (here and there)

Cons

You’re literally just a number.

8 September 2021
Hello. We are disappointed that you did not have a more positive experience with us. We have noted your concerns and appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. Best wishes.

Does not care about their people

One of the worsts, we call this company, Sufferland. Only care about clients, SL. They hage force OTs, force RzdOTs, theire managers are not professional. Almost wanting to have se. Ah x in their stations

Pros

Cons

Force ots, force rdots. Schedule changes abruptly

Bad work culture

They don't pay you too much.Gratuites are withheld.Management is disorganized.Support team is built with immature employees.Bad malpractice of the company overall.

Pros

Cons

Pay, Unpaid wages, bad managers

People are nice, job sucks, management unclear of what to say or do, look at each other but don't have any answers themselves

Not a nice place to work for if you're looking for a job which is interesting. You'll have customers ranting all day. The thing I hated the most, they ask you to use washroom only during breaks. You put the phone down for a minute and you gget a text asking about your whereabouts. They want you working like a robot, 8 hours, constanly on calls. And their management knows no answers. Only work there if you are

Pros

It is a NOC B job

Cons

everything else

31 May 2021
Hello, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on where we do well and where we may have opportunities to enhance the Sutherland experience for all our employees. Have a great day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9K