Sutherland Employee Reviews

A very fun workplace with games room
Customer Service Representative/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, Jamaica13 August 2018
Working at Sutherland was a very good experience it was my first job and honestly i enjoyed every moment working there. My co -workers were very helpful, my manager was very nice and understanding.
Pros
Work Functions
Cons
Not getting enough pay, poor ventilation system
15 August 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review… 5 stars! We're glad that the experience with us was a good one and that you enjoyed every moment. We love it here too and enjoy the opportunity to engage with current and former employees. However, we are sorry to read that you felt the pay was below expectations. We do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results.
And, we are further sorry to read about the poor ventilation system. Please know that we have made note of that concern, and will be sure to share it with our facilities leadership team.

Enhance your customer service skills
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2018
Sutherland is a great company to start with if you are looking to enhance your customer service abilities. You receive outbound phone calls and deal with consumers who are either trying to pay a bill, dispute a bill, technical support or buy or add new services. Pretty straight forward job, very simple programs to learn(in 2 week training, which is paid). All in all it is a good job and they do pay commission so the more you sell the more you get!
Pros
free snack every week
Cons
Saturday are mandatory!
13 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, and how Sutherland has been able to enhance your customer service capabilities. We do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results. We wish you more success in your professional career.

stressful
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 August 2018
company expected you to sell even if the customer has everything, when you didn't your were reprimanded for not doing was they asked, they wanted you to sell everything and anything to them
Interesting experience.
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 August 2018
Learn various things about the internet and telephone line topology. Flexible schedule to work with employee circumstances where possible. Good level of job security.
Didn't mind it
Sales and Support Technician/Weekly Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 July 2018
Was a full time position alongside people who were constantly worried about losing their job because of the constant Quality Control, and would rather try and get someone fired to further their employment instead of doing a better job.
Unethical Workplace
FULL TIME Inbound Sales Consultants (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 July 2018
There is so much corruption at the Sutherland branch in Windsor. The management continues to steal the commission of their workers, and given the high turnover rate at this place it's really feasible for the management.
Pros
Absolutely NOTHING
Cons
Sutherland management and AT&T
Cash4You
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2018
The place was ok to work with and customers were for the most part pretty amazing i got to interact with people and build connections it makes me feel better knowing that I can make someone have a better day by helping them with what they need
Pros
alot of happy connections with people and you can hit bonus
Cons
alot of angry customers
30 July 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves.

Absolute Disgust
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2018
The problem with the Windsor facility was not only that the management was poor professionally... however, they did not pay me my overtime hours, disregarded the fact that I needed a record of my hours and denied my rights to my pay stubs which I still have not received. On top of that, the manager used unprofessional mannerism such as abusive language. Which i totally kept record of. Lol just want to say good bye & it wasn't even the customers that made this place the worst.
Pros
Lol.
Cons
Lol.
30 July 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results.

Worst job ive ever had!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 July 2018
Worst place ive ever worked. Worst work/life balance they wanted you to work every day even if you arent booked. Worst management ever. Constantly centering employees out, and belittling. I made a sale every single day and I was still screamed at and centered out. On top of that they dont care that life is life and things happen. Parents are dying and they expect me to come into work. Ive never worked for such a horrible company in my life. On top of that, after i missed 3 days they threatened to fire me after telling them about a family emergency!!! During training it seems like a great job till you hit the floor and everyone expects way to much. Manager literally screamed I wasnt making offers but could be super nice when i sold a dtv 10 minutes later. This company doesnst care at all about their employees. Its pretty bad when you dread going To work every single day. Gave me so much stress I got hives. On top of that they expect you to sell a dtv to people that you can tell definitely cannot afford it but They dont care. Glad I quit #sufferland.
Pros
Cons
Bad Managers, High Stress, Belittled
23 July 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Rest assured we will relay to the appropriate functional leaders. We encourage you to reach out to comments@sutherlandglobal.com to share your feedback more directly, so that we can properly address your concerns.

Lots of good people
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 July 2018
Lots of good people.
Company does provide wage just above min wage to start and benefits with dental and eye care huge plus but has a high stress component.
Pros
Good people around you
Cons
High stress, always sitting at a desk. Unpaid 30 min lunches.
13 July 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. About your feedback on the compensation policy of Sutherland, we do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results.

We are glad to know you found the people at Sutherland a good team to work with. We wish you success in your professional career.

excellent place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  CA5 July 2018
Most of the people at the company are great, and joined the company because they want to work for a place that makes a difference. The benefits are okay, and the company supports the idea of work-life balance.
9 July 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves.  And, we do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results. Thanks again.

worst place to work in all of Windsor, Ontario
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 June 2018
Too much favoritism here. Sales mean much more than customer satisfaction to this company. They rather you pitch something to an angry customer even if they are already agitated. Worst place to work in all of Windsor..
Pros
nothing lmao...
Cons
managers who scream at their agents
1 July 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We do take any and all allegations such as those you described, seriously. We encourage you to reach out to comments@sutherlandglobal.com to share your feedback more directly, so that we can properly address your concerns.

Very bad company to work for
AT&T Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 June 2018
The managers at AT&T Mobility are very dirty people. They will indirectly teach you to mislead customers and upsell services that the customer will not benefit from/or does not need. Managers will pressure you to the point where you resign so they can pocket your commission. There is nothing but negative things about this place.
Pros
Close to restaurants
Cons
Everything...
1 July 2018

Consistent and reliable
Customer care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 June 2018
I worked for them for 4 years and progressed from customer service agent to tech agent support team lead, I found my co-workers to be friendly and knowledgeable , I would work there again
2 July 2018

hate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 June 2018
working here was fun when we were in training but the second you get on the floor you are yelled at and you are forced to sell things and its not okay it makes you feel uncomfortable my job was threatened becaude i wasnt good at selling tvs to people
2 July 2018

Poor Leadership
Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2018
As a whole, Sutherland isn't a horrible place to work. The Windsor, Ontario Location, on the other hand, is terrible. I will say this though: As long as you keep your head down, and don't challenge the status quo, you'll be fine.

Leave any idea of improving the company behind, and just do as your told -- and you will coast thru with no complaints.

None of the employees are happy to be there -- for good reason. Leadership fails time and again to learn new ways of thinking, and change their approach to problem solving. They are stuck in the past -- and fail to realize when change needs to be made.

You can do much better anywhere else -- don't settle for Sutherland in Windsor.
Pros
Nobody cares if you work a full day as a team lead or manager
Cons
Terrible Sr. Managers and an ineffective HR department.
21 June 2018

Hi there, and thanks so much for your feedback. We are truly sorry to read about your experiences, and we would like to learn more. We encourage you to reach us directly at comments@sutherlandglobal.com so that we can better understand the situation you have outlined. We are glad to have you on the Sutherland team, and appreciate the time you have taken to share.

not for you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 June 2018
the biggest mistake I ever made. don't not work for this company they only care about their stats not the well being of their workers> they scheduling is demanding
20 June 2018

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so sorry that your experience was not a good one. Please consider reaching out to us directly at comments@sutherlandglobal.com so that we can learn more. We're always looking to improve the employee experience.

Challenging
Call Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 June 2018
Very challenging, Each call brings a new challenge. Was told the schedules would change every three months and well its not everything months. I feel the pay is worth the stress of this job.
20 June 2018

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. Contact center work can indeed be challenging, and we appreciate your efforts to take excellent care of our clients and their customers. We're glad to see that you feel the pay meets expectations - we do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results.
We're so glad to have you on the Sutherland team.

Poor Experience
Technical customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2018
Long hours of continuously talking with little to no breaks within calls.
Poor job security, they have constant applications and don't really care for the workers.
20 June 2018

Hello, and thanks for your feedback. We understand that contact center work can be quite challenging, but truly appreciate all of your efforts to take care of our clients and their customers. We're sorry to read that you feel a lack of concern for employees, and encourage you to reach us directly at comments@sutherlandglobal.com to share more. Thank you again.

Facepaced working environment
Consultant for AT&T (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, Manchester15 June 2018
A typical day at work entails receiving calls from customers and fixing issues which they have. I learnt that there are many different types of customers, but all of them need to be treated equally. Management came onto the job at the same time and so was new and wasn't as versed as they needed to be. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part was being a part of a team which functioned as a family.
20 June 2018

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to share more about your position at Sutherland. Indeed, customers come in all varieties, and we truly appreciate the efforts you took to take care of each and every one of them. We're so glad too that you enjoyed your team and colleagues. Thanks again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K