Sutherland

Sutherland Employee Reviews

Canada564 reviews
There were too many managers giving different direction, never had a clear answer on anything. Even when you were pulled into coaching, by the end you never had a clear answer what they were coaching you on. There were lots of new managers that probably shouldn’t have been.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Horrible management
Since there is no Union or company policy want allow Onion in this job, employee always a victim of Retaliation that leads to simply terminate on the spot & no question ask policy. Less Monitoring from Head quarter of the company that believes in diversity and equal opportunities to all but in reality this site vaolet most company policy without knowledge of HR & and HR is easy to terminate poor employee with floor management unfair assessments
Pros
Only job available & good target for cheap labour.
Cons
No job security
I worked there for 2 years gave them my blood ,sweat and tears and was really doing well leading projects then a head manager starts yelling at me insulting me well I said to him that was the last time you will ever speak to me in that way again.I informed multiple departments of his behaviour but nothing was done TOXIC ENVIRONMENT!!!!!
Pros
pay was good
Cons
managers insulting you
Sutherland was a great place to work. Manager was great. Everyone work as team so the work is always well done. All team workers were result oriented.
Dealt tactfully with the customers to resolve the issues and maintained high customers' satisfaction

Met and exceeded the targets by organising the tasks effectively

Worked with a team of 30 to achieve or exceed targets

Solved problems efficiently and effectively by paying close attention to all the details

Trained new staff successfully and explained the procedures in details
Opportunity to upgrade position, fast paced work environment, have to be punctual. Training provided and paid for, needs patience and teaches alot of customer service.
I had a good work experience at sutherland the work load was heavy but it gave me good experience but the environment did not provide equal opportunity for all and the employees at the lower level is always the first ones to be blamed
It was great I had fun and I learned a lot, I would say the training was the best. I had to learn stuff new everyday day and interacting with new people, I learned about the business in a deeper aspect as I was working with ATT DTV as a consultant . The managers were professional and that helped reps to be more comfortable and adapted to the rules easily.
Great experience, and great management. Handling many calls during the day to help customers by providing them technical support.
Thanks to my team manager she was awesome.
It was alright, management need a lot of work. then the company down sized and left town. they didn't have the chairs for the employees. and felt like that they didn't care about there employee's, stressful. customer unpleasantness.
Pros
starter job, and forgiving three strike rule.
Cons
management was boss not a leader. no support system.
Stressful work environment that is totally result-driven and performance oriented. No care for staff, and management meddles with commission bonus.
If you are looking for some place to last, look elsewhere because this is all temporary.
Official response from Sutherland
30 March 2020
Good day! It is unfortunate that you did not have a more positive experience with us. In fact, Sutherland aims to put our people first while operating in this fast-paced environment. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Best wishes!
One thing I love about the company is that they are family-oriented. Whenever you need to take care of some family issue, you are rest assured they will give you the necessary support needed.
Sutherland provides many opportunities for growth and learning. Many transferable skills are gained. able to achieved a higher salary with sales, as you are able to get commission.
Sutherland was a good place to work, full time hours , overtime and commission provided for my living expenses and then some. The training I received was quality training that gave me the confidence to do the job well, and provide the customers with a great experience.
Should revise their training system, don't expect people to be experts over one day. Give people a chance to work on the floor rather than firing them after the theory training. Some people can perform on the floor better than the ones who had good marks on the theoretical part of the training.
Great environment to work at, training was exceptional i really learned a lot about the company and the job. Great managers willing to help out with any and all situations.
was an ok until the company pulled out I was working for and without notice Sutherland dismiseed all of us not giving us any reasons but wikl re apply
Though the work environment is competitive, fast-pace and objective driven, I found working here an overall good experience. If one wanted to succeed, it was important to ask those who have succeeded and they were always available to assist.
The General Manager created a very toxic work environment and shifted his failures down to his direct reports.
Most successes were claimed by the GM, he lead the team with fear of being fired and or disciplined for any variances in his directions.
Working at sutherland was not difficult, when dealing with the public you have to have a degree of patience, put yourself in the clients shoes when listening and answering questions. you are the first line of defense for the customer.
I've worked there for about 2 years and you are given opportunities to grow in the company but then if you do 1 tiny mistake on your call they will demote you and make your life there miserable. I would not recommend working here for more than 3 months for your own mental stability.