Sutherland

Canada657 reviews

Found 657 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,836 reviews
centreattwindsorphonecustomerissuecustomtechnical

Ok ok

Very high metrics expectations, always busy hours, you don’t get a chance to breathe when you take calls your whole shift, colleagues and managers are nice, good training, job is easy but its very stressful, long working hours, no work life balance, you get paid very less as per work load, but good for beginners, less chance of advancement

Pros

PTOs, nice managers and colleagues, work from home

Cons

Long hours, very busy and hectic, less paying job, no professional development

We call it Sufferland for a reason

Expect to be micromanaged to the second. If you take breaks between calls of longer than 15 seconds, you'll take a hit to your performance score. If you take an extra 30 seconds getting back from lunch, despite needing to use an elevator to, you'll take a hit to your performance score. Don't expect to use the restroom outside of breaks, or you'll take a hit to your performance score.Low scores result in low priority for desirable shifts, and stern talkings-to by management. I severely doubt they would fire anybody for a low score, however, because they have an infamously high turnover rate.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement

Insights into Sutherland

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Perfect

Nice place to work. Company that’s offers work from home. Amazing people amazing co workers and managers. There was always someone to help. Job is easy for people who like customer service

Long hours and little opportunity for growth

Pay was decent depending on what province you reside as Ontario has a higher min wage, it was always hard to get assistance when you needed it from superiors.

Misleading

They use you for peak times with ESPN and then move you somewhere else. Low wages, while selling fun culture only to move you two days before benefits kick in. Forced to do a job I did not apply.

not job security

everyday work 7 to 4 we have a lot of call. All customer call from US and we had to resolve their issues. colleagues are nice .a lot of tools for resolve issues and we did not train enough to work with them and we had to ask SUP for each issues every time.

Stressful experience

The company doesn't care about the employees. The tools never work well and all the fault is on the employees. The managers are not managers and they are worried only about the metrics. Good people in the team, that's the only thing I get as positive.

Pros

Home office

Cons

Stress, bad managers, tools don't work

Good company, but when clients appear, is a disaster

Company itself is good, but clients of the brands we work with, ask for impossible things, having no idea what the job really is. Caring only about numbers but not about doing a good job.

Ok place to work. Pay was low. No career advancement.

Ok place to work. Pay was low. No career advancement. Very back to back calls, no breaks in between. Prepare to be very busy. Very few managers were nice.

Pros

overtime available sometimes

Cons

long hours, stressful, back to back

Great work-life balance

Pro: email support job is the best! Not stressful at all. No micro managing.Con: salary is low, no paid sick days (you can’t work because you’re sick, you don’t get paid)

Pros

Email support job is awesome

Cons

Low salary

Only if you need a pay cheque

No matter how good of an employee you are, it ultimately means nothing.Management only pretends to be concerned, but if you're actually having issues, you just get handed options that aren't of any benefit to actual problems faced. As well, the management doesn't seem to properly communicate with each other, as information voiced by one can easily be shot down by another. The people you work with are going to be about the only thing you can look forward to as the work itself is nothing but nonsense & stress. You do learn how to cope with that stress, as well as problem solving abilities through the contacts you receive, but that coping will only last you so long.Job security is just dependent on how long you're willing to stick around, as they have a high turnover rate for a reason, and there's virtually no room for actual advancement.

Pros

Co-Workers can be amusing

Cons

Poor Management, Stressful Work Experience, Low Pay for Work Performed

Fun place to work, not fair salary

It used to be a great place to work for semibilingual people, but the campaign was getting worse everytime with lower bonus payments and low base salary

Pros

Fun and inclusive environtment, two days off

Cons

Account managers who didn't care about people, low base salary

Fun place to work

typical day would be answering calls all day.communication skills was developed extensively.Fun workplace culture.Having the headset on through the shift.Working close to other colleague.

Nice coworkers, garbage client

The company it's self was actually quite pleasant to work for. Easy going enough, and patient considering Systems issues were rampant. Metrics and attendance were important but the company had a pretty forgiving, low stress approach to these things.The client, however was a different story. American telecom company. It's customers were positively insufferable. I've never had the displease of having to deal with such inept, hopeless excuses for humans in my life. Where previous call centers had me interacting with these sorts of people maybe once a week or so, this place saw me facing off with these entitled, childish crybabies near daily. Really killed the job for me.Also the client (company we take calls for) was absolutely inept themselves, which was a big part of the problem. For example, 3mb speeds MAX two blocks from Hollywood blvd and, in other cases where services failed, a common inability to get trucks out to fix issues in under 72 hours? No wonder customers were so angry. On the bright side it gave me a new appreciation for Canadian internet speeds and pricing.

Best years of my life

Sutherland is an amazing place to work. Managers are sometimes with god like complex but who doesn't when you feel high and mighty.Salary is an average, I wish after two years that it would increase to suit increase in general prices for consumer merchandise.Promotion are somewhat easy provided good recommendation and some hard work. Sutherland somehow understand that work eat your social life they try and kill that behavior. They have major events and the culture is very rich.

Pros

Culture and inclusion

Cons

Too long to make changes sometimes, important ones

terrible place to work, they have no respect for their employees or customers

This company has no moral grounds, they will ask you to use your own personal information in order to make a sale... it sucks the soul right out of you...daily you have managers yelling at you ro sell, and customers asking what is going on and then having to explain to them

Nice Job if Looking to Work from Home otherwise Avoid

The job overall is not great, you are a number who takes calls constantly, and chats and texts depending on the company you support. Management is not great and instruction is never clear, little room to grow with numerous false promises. Co-workers really vary some great some awful

Pros

Once you learn its easy, some offer remote work

Cons

Management, pay, direction, training

Productive and fun place to work at.

Troubleshoot hardware and software problemsHandle customer related questions about products and servicesManagement is very encouraging and helpful We are always learning new things, constantly challenging the customer experience

Pros

Supportive culture from Management and Level 2 IT Support Technicians

Cons

Long hours, Always encouraging the Customer

Decent job for survival. Schedule is tough and less flexible

It is a decent job for survival. The work hours are not flexible. Call processes are hectic and the support team especially on weekend shifts are really slow. Training provided for a month was a good learning experience.

Dont work here

It sucks you are not paid enough management has inner circle wont get promotion take call til u drop deedvery toxic workplace, mgmt loves to power trip everychance they get. quit because you will NEVER see a wage increase or movement up the pole

Poorly managed & graded on metrics you can't affect

Management is reactive to problems instead of setup to handle all issues regularly so one day you get yelled at about how long you take helping someone and the next you get yelled at for not taking enough time to assist. Training taught employees nothing and then get yelled at for not knowing how to do things on the job. Care more about money than taking care of their own or setting up the process for long term success. Lied about hours and scheduling to me during interview.

Pros

Work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement