SUSSEX REALTY LTD Employee Reviews

Human Rights abomination
caretaker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 June 2019
This company pays little and demands a lot for their pittance. They are rude, liars and cheats and will defame your character given the opportunity. There are no rights for caretakers and they will evict you for no reason even in -50 weather (true story) and do not care if you freeze to death - their buildings are riddled with bed bugs and they refuse to do anything about it telling you to blame the tenants for them - these people are some of the most heartless and disgusting business individuals and the family who own and run it get rich off the misery of others. Do not work for these people - repeat do not work for these people - many disgruntled employees have learned the hard way.
Pros
Cons
many
Terrible
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2018
They save on everything! Bad contractors, buy the cheapest stuff. Very very poor at fixing anything or getting back to you. Awful management, some managers in the office never ever answer their phones.
stressfull day at work
Resident Manager/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2018
working in this type of industry in stressful, especially during winter months , 24 hour on call duty almost everydaty, especially when the boiler system is down during the early mornings of winter months.but you will gain lots of experience and learn different things each day.
Pros
Close to work
Cons
24 hour on call
Not a good company to work for.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2018
No direction from upper management. No training provided, unfriendly & unprofessional staff, under paid for what they expect out of you. Wouldn't recommend to work for this company
Pros
Pizza
Great Staff
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2018
A very fast paced environment with lots to do. There's always something new to learn at this job. I really enjoyed the staff as they were always happy to help out.
Cons
Management gave no direction as to what they wanted
do not help out with problems.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 October 2017
fought for three years for security cameras. did not help with vagrants sleeping in hallways etc. very low pay for amount of work that you were expected to do.
About the job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 July 2017
A typical day at work for me was working on the bathroom marble sheets and dry wall. I learned how to put on muddling and finishing the proper way. The management was very efficient and extremely helpful. The people that worked their were really nice. The most enjoyable part was all of it.
Honest and reliable company
APARTMENT SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Manitoba26 March 2015
Sussex has been in the business for a long time. They provide excellent opportunity to whoever gets to business with them.

They are also modern and embraces new initiative for development.

I highly recommend exploring opportunities with this company.
pizza lovers
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2015
if you like pizza then this is the place............get to eat pizza easy days
Pros
get to eat pizza easy days
Conservative property management company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  winnipeg MB11 December 2014
I was responsible for day to day operations of the condominium department with the help of an assistant. A typical day entailed answering queries from board members and owners, scheduling tradespeople and dealing with issues. I also worked out all the budgets for each condominium. I worked closely with company principals and my interaction with other departments was on a daily basis. The most enjoyable thing was I was never bored as there was always something to keep me busy.
Pros
secure job
Cons
At times a communication disconnect between upper management and staff
Learning Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB27 October 2014
Tenants could be difficult, but rewarding, I learned renovation techniques and business strategies.
They were a good Real Estate Co. to work for. I also worked for Century 21 and Royal Le Page
Real estate agent (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC28 February 2013
My overall review was good. I took a short leave of absence in 1999 and went to Ontario, after a marriage breakup, and when I came back the Real Estate Board in Vancouver had the incorrect alotted time to be away, and I was going to have to take the course again, write the exam again, etc. so I declined, otherwise I would still be a Realtor today.