Sushi Cafe

Sushi Cafe Employee Reviews

It was absolutely right

It was great & enjoyable to work in sushi cafe for me I personally always missing that place I was leaning new things every time helpful staff over all it was great to spend time there

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Incentivos conforme a ventas mensuales. Salario más propinas

I love my work so so much .

I love to with the person who is very friendly . I love my work so so much. I yhing sushi is art so that u am too facinate with art and culture so i love to work in sushi .

Flexible hours for students but does not get much business

Sushi Cafe is a nice place to work if you are student. They work with your hours and the job is not too demanding. However, it is hard to make enough money to live off of. The restaurant while serving good and affordable food is in a somewhat bad location. They are fairly busy during the day, but at night business drops significantly. My shifts just happen to be all night shifts making it hard to save up money.

Literally run far far away from this place!

If I could give 0 stars I would. Ths job was honestly one of the most unprofessional and unpleasant places I've worked in thus far. The owner is money hungry and doesn't care about his employees or his customers. And quite frankly is practicing some dodgy maybe even illegal procedures when it comes to finances. Even if you stay over for a shift he doesn't pay you overtime. You have to practically beg for your monthly paychecks. I literally didn't get mine until i quit! On top of that I was told to charge someone extra for something without telling them, and then when the customer (who was a regular) noticed it after a couple of times and asked for a manager the owner gaslighted me and pretended like he didn't know what was going on making it look like I was the one who wanted to charge the customer extra. The owner is also very rude and condescending and gossips about other employees on the regular! He also was very rude and unnecessarily hostile when I quit and was being difficult about when I could come pick up my money. Other than that my other co-workers were very lovely and the regular customers are very sweet. But the owner of this place has no integrity and just makes work unbearable.

Pros

Nice customers most of the time, Lovely coworkers

Cons

Owner/Manager is unprofessional, No pay for training until 3 months later, Company Policies are unclear

Great Temporarily

I had no issues working for sushi cafe besides compensation. Overall I did love the job position. I would listen to music with headphones the whole shift, they wouldn’t bother/talk to me unless they needed silverware done

Making Creative foods.

Making and developing Sushi and kitchen foods and making menu, operating restaurant and control employee. Also purchasing foods & all kitchen equipment.

Wasss lit

So I gotta make sushi with other martial artists. They had amazing sushi excellent management and chefs with beautiful waiters. This review thing is weird and will not allow me to properly fill it out.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Wages

Slow, boring workplace

A typical day at work, usually involved coming in and setting place mats for tables, then that lead to sitting behind the counter and waiting on customers to hopefully walk in the door. Unfortunately, the only thing I learned was the different types of sushi. The management was not the best, but it was tolerable, but the atmosphere was great. We had a fairly welcoming feel when walking in, and the waiters were kind. The hardest part of working at the Sushi Cafe was learning all the types of sushi and being able to tell customers what was in each roll. The next hardest part was trying to talk to the manager/owner about a customer complaint, as they would usually get mad. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people and be able to talk with them and get to know the a little better

Pros

20% discounts

Cons

Poor work hours/staff/pay

fun place to work

This was a fun place to work. It is on fry street and you get to have experience as a waiter. It was my first waiting job. Brian is very funny and I enjoyed working there.

Pros

free sushi sometimes

Cons

tips weren't the best

gained experience

I worked there for nearly two years and gained valuable serving experience. It was local, so there weren't strict guidelines about dress but that also meant that it was cool for management to dip into 20% of our paychecks.

Pros

free salad and soup and rice

Empresa estavel para se trabalhar

O sushi cafe e uma empresa que da muita estabilidade em termos de contrato.

It's a great place to eat, just not a place I enjoyed working at.

The management was alright,the organization of the job schedules wasn't really helpful. Hours tended to clash a lot. The people are fun, it's just not a great place to work at.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short breaks

Fast-Paced and Hardworking workplace

Great place to work part-time, I worked there while attaining my degree. Good tips and always was busy. Schedule flexibility was great while going to school.

Pros

Free Lunches, Good part-time money

Cons

No benefits

An opportunity to learn

I enjoyed working at Sushi Cafe. It was a great opportunity to learn and grow as a person. Management is not so easy to communicate with because of language barrier, however, they are really nice and communicate to their best ability.

Cons

No breaks

Fun workplace, but management needs improvement.

Sushi Cafe is a great place to work when you are looking for a new job, they have opportunities for young employees to learn how to become skilled servers.

Fast paced, fun workplace

Very busy fast paced, management was good overall not a bad place to work.

Pros

Family owned

Cons

No life to many hours

Laid-back, family-owned waiting job

My daily activities at work include waiting on tables and working the bar. As it was family-owned restaurant, the dress code was rather relaxed, and I got along excellently with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was earning enough money to make ends meet, and the most enjoyable was the busy, fast-paced environment as well as the casual atmosphere.

Pros

Free meals, casual dress code, flexible hours.

Cons

Too few hours, not enough earnings

Insufficient employment opportunity.

My worst job experience. Very little compensation, few hours, poor management structure, little care for employees.

Pros

Free food.

Cons

Small paychecks, few hours, poor management.

Everyday restaurant

Everyday sameday,Good People,Small Store,Easy work,Close to my house,Clean,Good taste.

Pros

everyday sameday

Cons

everyday sameday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sushi Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4