Surrey Memorial Hospital

Surrey Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
Very challenging, learn to properly deal with stress, Management fair and open, workplace multicultural, hardness part being short staffed, enjoyable team work.
You probably dont want to know what I actually think. The only positive thing about working there is the fact that it looks good to other potential employers and for potential landlords.
Wonderful learning Experience with skills and great interaction with different culture clients.onsite Interpreter services and social worker 24 hours services very helpful.Stressful on and off.
You really feel appreciated working here. There is a fantastic team attitude and everyone really pulls together on the difficult days. Lots of mentorship and education provided.
It was a great experience. friendly staff would recommend it. great environment. I enjoyed working there made lots of memories. I think that it is a great place
The operating room is very dirty. They do not take pride in their work. Speaking out to advocate safety for your patients becomes an issue for your job security.
Took me 6 months to be paid at one point.

Constant turn over in management. Lack of organization. I'd not recommend to work there or even to ever have surgery there it's hard to take pride in your work when no one else cares.
Lots of favoritism
Manager didnt treat employees good

Stress full enviromment

Patients werent treating employees good

Dangerous environment to work
I learn something new everyday. Coming in the morning early an hour before everyone else gets my job done quickly. The people here are great to work with and everyone does their best. The most enjoyable thing about work is that I come in happy and go on my daily work independently.
Pros
Hour lunch all at one time
Cons
Small space
I work in the Emergency Department. My day can be very fast paced and erratic.
Anyhow, working in such conditions has taught me well how to work in a fast paced environment. Working in a hospital setting has also taught me how to individualize my time with each patient in a very kind and focused matter.

Working at Surrey Memorial hospital is a very kind but busy atmosphere. I feel very comfortable and happy working here.

The hardest part of working in a hospital sometimes can be seeing patients suffer in pain or seeing their loved ones in sickness.

However, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work closely with the public and being able to bring a smile on peoples faces.
Pros
New & modern
Cons
Always busy & erratic
Busy hospital that requires more staff at all times to be able to provide safe patient care. Great teamwork with other colleagues. It is enjoyable seeing happy patients and when we have a good nurse patient ration
Some great people working there, sadly little to no support from upper management.

Minimal training provided and no real direction.

Horrible feedback on your work, if any.
Pros
Clothing provided, not shoes
Cons
Too many to list
Casual position in public hospital outpatients department, 2x/week focused on musculoskeletal and breast cancer patients.

Enjoyed working with coworkers and patients.
Responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in all areas of the hospital by cleaning rooms, making beds, replenishing linens and maintaining floors.
Great and flexible working place for casual RN staff with supportive team and management. Helpful educational services that are readily available for us
Learned alot about urology, ENT. did some float time in CCU, ICU and mainly ER. Became a charge nurse on evenings for awhile.Enjoyed working in a community hospital with family doctors
Pros
learned new stuff daily
Cons
not as busy as i was at last job
enjoyed and teaching new mothers with babies. made me aware
what to expect when I decided to become a mother. Valued bringing

a new life in this world
Pros
learning opportunities with experienced nurses
Cons
helplessness when babies crying during circumcision procedure
Begin with turning on the computer, see if there's some notes from the doctors or Medications to put on the MAR , change the white board, see the appointment for each patients. Review all the discharge and admissions.
The orthopedic unit is very heavy. Many client's required lifts or the assistance of two nurses for any transfers. Each RN was responsible for 8 client's which were shared with an LPN.
I love working at surrey memorial hospital. The staff are friendly, easy to connect to, and are team players. staff members also communicate very well with each other
Surrey Memorial Hospital is a perfect placement for an individual seeking growth and the opportunity to advance in career. Staff for the most part are friendly and encourage one another. Due to costs, there are times where units may be understaffed. Though one learns to adapt and work efficiently by good team work.
Even though our unit was busy, we were all able to work together. Staff would help each other every chance they got. There was a lot of team work. At the time of my employment we were under great management.
I learnt a lot from the senior nurses, Psychiatrist and other team members
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surrey Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Surrey Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location