Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse Employee Reviews

Canada126 reviews

furnituresalecommissionwarehousestoresucceedcustomermoney

The best part about working here is it's a very friendly environment. Anyone who is outgoing will succeed here. The customer service industry always has its ups and downs but this is a well-run establishment.

Pros

Cowrokers

Cons

Customers

Decent Job, Horrible Managment

As a sales person you are made to follow an outdated, pushy, sales program. The customers and staff alike can feel the awkward tension. Because sales people are commission based, it is very competitive between employees. I never liked that environment. In the warehouse, the work is steady and not easy, but rewarding. I will say I quite enjoyed tying sofas and mattresses to customers car roofs. Although the attitude and actions of the manager make the job worse, as he is condescending, rude, and controlling. The days he wasn't there were the best days I had there.

Insights into Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Horrible

All the money from your sales goes to management. They're a scam company. Every other commission job out there will pay you better. Joke of a business

Pros

Cons

Scam company

Really enjoy the commission pay!

This is the first place I've worked where I am rewarded for hard work! The more I sell, the more commission I make, I'm finally able to provide a better life for my family. My coworkers are friendly and always helping me out. We work together on sales. There was awesome sales training when I started. I'm just really happy I work here.

Pros

Commission

Fun, Fast-Pace & Fair

Fun, fast-pace working environment with endless amount of projects to dive into. Friendly, reliable coworkers that make each day easy going and enjoyable even through the hectic and high stress work days. Overall workplace culture is relaxed and accommodating while treating all employees fairly and with respect

Good

Good place to work really liked it lots of nice people kind of shady sales tactics though, I wouldn’t know though I’m just a warehouse worker and that’s how your treated

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Loved the job but not higher management

The management wants all commission doesn’t want anyone else to succeed I loved the job I was told I needed a doctors note and when I had the appointment booked and the date booked. Higher management called and said they would give me a paid suspension then they turned around and slapped me in the face with a 4 week pay period one lump sum to get rid of me When I could have gotten a doctors note stating my medical conditions I have ptsd and fibromyalgia, no family doctor and I got side swiped leaving work at 5 o’clock one day I couldn’t go to the hospital to see a doctor, I thought they were a good company to work for. But they said they would work wit me but manager didn’t want too obviously.

A very stressful place to work always being put down for not hitting sales goals.

Worst company to work for, low pay no support from upper management. To much politics and double standards for certain people.company only is worried about the numbers they don’t care about the customers or staff.

shady sales tactics.. the used car sales of furnture... even if the furniture is new.. worst sales job ever.. horrible work culture

Worst Sales job I've ever had... you need to be very pushy and they basically want you to lie to the customers " we have one left" when they have more... "creating a sense of loss will make customer more apt to buy immediately " very shady and deceiptful sales tactics.

Pros

nothing... very shady environment

Cons

lie to customer, you must be pushy

Fun work area , bosses are great and encouraged employees to keep up the good work, and help employees in everything

Best work I ever had , great co-workers,the bosses are great , and work area is amazing and get to learn about furnitures and sales also manager help employees by encouraging them to stay positive and offer help in everything.

Pros

Great work

Cons

Terrible job. Management only cares for themselves, they chew you up and spit you out.

Worst job I’ve ever had.Management only cares for themselves. They give you no days off when you ask, working holidays is mandatory. They don’t let you have a proper lunch, they use you for whatever they need and then fire you.

Management issues

Worst management Inequality in employeesBecause of the management issues a lot of people quitting the job in six months or less than one year The payment is pretty low compare to the work load.

Pros

Someday are slow

Cons

Physical Hard work

Workplace

difficult retail hours, a typical day is starting with morning meeting setting daily goals, high commissions are achieved by selling extended warranties, financing along with furniture delivered, then when store opens sales rotation begins by who arrives first. We follow a script however each customer approach is different so you have to adjust to what the customer is looking for by asking probing questions. Constant role playing making sure you follow the script which for the most part is rarely used in real sales situations even by the managers.Very little product knowledge training. Hardest part of he job is trying to make target. Reason being is that when there is a full sales staff on Saturday which is the busiest day. With 6 sales staff working sales was less to go around. When there was less people sales were better. Management has two people a manager and manager in training. The manager in training was far better then the manager. The one thing is the company doesn't allow you to develop your own customer base by bringing people in for sales. You have to share it with the person who is next on the rotation.

Pros

better pay then other furniture stores

Cons

bad retail hours

They dont like new people in the wearhouse.

Very poor training.. the management will always put you down they first chance they get.. every day was the same you wait for a delivery or customer for pick up.. the wearhouse employees will don't pay nice with others they always talk behind your back and blame you for there mistakes..

Pros

Lots of breaks

Cons

Lots of down time and work every weekend

The Warehouse Experience

If you love loading up customer's vehicles with their furniture or organizing an entire warehouse, you're in luck. Good place for people starting out in the job industry.

Surplus furniture and mattress warehouse is a good place to work and has many opportunities for career growth

A typical day of work consists of opening duties, checking my work area making sure everything is in working order then start to clean the store light dusting, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning wash rooms, duties also include preparing and loading up furniture that customers bought and unloading products off of transports. I find unloading transports is the hardest part and the best part is building furniture to put in the showroom. I have learned how to organize furniture in different ways and how to find the most amount of space to work with. The management here is very good they work well together and deal with all issues professionally and in a timely manner they are understanding if you need a day off or have to schedule you differently if need be.

i enjoyed working here

I enjoy working here, i get flexible schedule and all the staff and manager is very helpful and got to learn new things like furniture assembly and all so i loving my work.

Best Job

Surplus Furniture is the best place to work. I always get sufficient hours and my co-workers are so friendly.The store manager is really nice and always be supportive while at work.

All good

all good in work...but sometimes its getting hard especially unloading delivery truck..when they did not using the tail gate of the truck..2 people sometimes are not enough when unloading truck also especially in winter time...thank you...

Warehouse review

a typical day at work starts off by getting your warehouse checklist and viewing what objectives you have to complete that day. Making sure front of the store is cleaned and looking nice, sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping down mattress and anything leather. Workplace culture is a very friendly and welcoming place to come and enjoy your day while also getting your job done. Hardest part about the job is unloading trucks in the summer, best part of the job is the interactions with the customers.

Good Place To Work and Learn !!!

Surplus furniture Regina is a perfect place to work as well as to grow work experience in terms of learning real time as a ware house experience. On top of it, it has a flexible work schedule to manage some time with friend and family. I would recommend it for a perfect place to work and gain experiance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement