Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse

Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse Employee Reviews

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
If you love loading up customer's vehicles with their furniture or organizing an entire warehouse, you're in luck. Good place for people starting out in the job industry.
Very poor training.. the management will always put you down they first chance they get.. every day was the same you wait for a delivery or customer for pick up.. the wearhouse employees will don't pay nice with others they always talk behind your back and blame you for there mistakes..
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Lots of down time and work every weekend
A typical day of work consists of opening duties, checking my work area making sure everything is in working order then start to clean the store light dusting, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning wash rooms, duties also include preparing and loading up furniture that customers bought and unloading products off of transports. I find unloading transports is the hardest part and the best part is building furniture to put in the showroom. I have learned how to organize furniture in different ways and how to find the most amount of space to work with. The management here is very good they work well together and deal with all issues professionally and in a timely manner they are understanding if you need a day off or have to schedule you differently if need be.
I enjoy working here, i get flexible schedule and all the staff and manager is very helpful and got to learn new things like furniture assembly and all so i loving my work.
Surplus Furniture is the best place to work. I always get sufficient hours and my co-workers are so friendly.The store manager is really nice and always be supportive while at work.
all good in work...but sometimes its getting hard especially unloading delivery truck..when they did not using the tail gate of the truck..2 people sometimes are not enough when unloading truck also especially in winter time...thank you...
a typical day at work starts off by getting your warehouse checklist and viewing what objectives you have to complete that day. Making sure front of the store is cleaned and looking nice, sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping down mattress and anything leather. Workplace culture is a very friendly and welcoming place to come and enjoy your day while also getting your job done. Hardest part about the job is unloading trucks in the summer, best part of the job is the interactions with the customers.
Surplus furniture Regina is a perfect place to work as well as to grow work experience in terms of learning real time as a ware house experience. On top of it, it has a flexible work schedule to manage some time with friend and family. I would recommend it for a perfect place to work and gain experiance.
Surplus has great hours, great pay and also great benefits with different options of either working full time to part time. A fun place to work with customers and staff
Warehouse is a good job for students looking to work while studying. You can get a decent workout some days from all the heavy lifting. Our warehouse is a great entry level job to help you build experience before applying to other facilities. Boss and coworkers are great to work with and make going to work much better. There are limited opportunities for advancement warehouse—> sales—> manager in training—> store manager. Of course mit and manager are only possible if positions are free. Days vary greatly with some days having no sales and others a nonstop rush. Work responsibilities of the warehouse Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, unloading/loading trucks (no forklift), organizing warehouse, preparing pickups or deliveries, inspecting items going for delivery, assembling floor models or products for customers, filling out parts requests, destroying claimed items.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Surplus Furniture & Mattress Warehouse?
I enjoyed my work especially when I learn something new like furniture repair and furniture assembly. Talking to customers also improve my communications skills. I enjoyed talking to customers in Canada as most of them are friendly.
I'm enjoying my job very much at surplus furniture. I have worked for the company for long time and I've learnt a lot of new things working here like assembling furniture.
Slow paced, pushy atmosphere. Expected to accomplish a lot if not too much alone. Crazy warehouse set up, and expectations for customer pick ups. Huge turn over of sales staff that aren't trained properly which effects warehouse staffs job because they don't check stock properly and other things.
Pros
Slow paced most days, benefits
Cons
Long days, too much expected when alone. High turn over rate
The team when I was there we're amazing to work with! However for my overall experience at the Owen Sound Surplus store.Good luck making anything over minimum wage. They will promise you that if you follow their guidelines in sales, that you will be at the top of sales. When in reality you won't even be able to reach your target for the months. For management. My store manager was great and did the best that they could do given the fact that they had never been properly trained. I as the once MIT had to take care of anything the manager didnt know from lack of training causing stress and endless days of work. For work hours. Be prepared to be working 11-hour days everyday. And good luck trying to book off time especially weekends and holidays!.Also the advertisement shows how much that you'd be making per year and I have to tell you that is completely false advertisement when I worked there I didn't make nearly as much as they have advertised on indeed!
Easily one of the most fun and rewarding work experiences I've had. The work is not easy, but very rewarding if you put the time into it necessary to succeed. You need to be able to take constructive criticism to work here or you'll never make it. It's important to be receptive to your managers and keep an open mind on how to improve. Management is helpful, always offering ways to improve your own pitches and sales technique. The work environment is very fun and upbeat with lots of friends to be made. Overall a great work experience.
Pros
Helpful and understanding management, great coworkers, rewarding work.
There is great opportunity to move up in the company. Unlike most places where you will get stuck in a position unless you get special consideration. If you are a hard worker and are open to improve your skills and talents. I highly recommend you put in your resume.
"do what you love, love what you do and you will never work a day in your life" The company is filled with amazing sales staff and likes to focus on positive mental energy. It makes work a great place to spend 40+ hours per week. Surplus seems very focused on running an effective business but also listening to the needs of the staff. I recommend Surplus to anyone who wants to work in a fun upbeat and environment with no cap on their income.
Making really good money just selling furniture is the main reason why I am still here in this company coupled with great working environment and good team members.
Unlimited pay opportunity! Sales program is arguably one of the easiest to follow and breaks down the sales basics for you. Competitive but fun environment!
Typical Day at work involves a team bonding morning routine where we talk about our upcoming goals and our we can achieve them. It is followed usually by meeting new customers looking to buy furniture to replace old one or for renovation activities. Best part of it is meeting new faces and putting smiles back into old ones.
The company and the people are fantastic and the money is excellent. This is the place to go if you like money, want reachable goal, and are looking for a place to grow!