Surex

Surex Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Best place for hard workers

I start my day at 9 am with all of the leads that came in overnight as well as any voicemails and emails from existing clients and prospects as you would at any insurance brokerage. I am free to manage my own workday as it suits me. I have tried various methods and have figured out what works best for me. I have learned from this incredibly positive culture that there is no reason to focus on anything negative. It really does nothing for you at all. If you want success you have to be positive all the time.Our CEO Lance has gone above and beyond to help me, when he did not have to, when I was struggling early on. This man is a great leader and I am proud to be a part of his team.We have a culture of success and hard work. We also have sales contests which can be a lot of fun. Everyone at Surex is a team player. No one dodges work here like you will see elsewhere. (You know that guy who is always going to the bathroom at 4:50 pm each day to make sure he does not get a call that will make him work one second past 5 pm).The hardest part of the job is the long hours. Nothing great is done fast or easily.The most enjoyable part of my job is making my clients happy with my service. It is rewarding to give people better than they were expecting.

Pros

Huge money!

Cons

It's a lot of hours.

Best workplace EVER!

With almost 20 years in the industry and 30 years of adulting/working, Surex by FAR is the best place I have ever had the privilege of working, and I've been at some pretty great places! The culture of growing together, helping each, friendly competition that incites each to try hard, but not cut-throat because there's more than enough to go around - makes sales here fun! Amazing pay based on what you produce equals incredible incentive to work, and be excited about getting to work every day! Management is phenomenal! There's no "us and them" mentality. Instead, its family helping the family. Management is approachable, helpful, understanding and truly wants the best for each and every team member here. Honestly, I don't have enough words to describe my Surex family and the love I feel for this place and the people I share my life with!

Pros

Treated with respect, trusted, honored for work well done, work from home, great team, no dress codes required ;)

Cons

Tbh, none. SERIOUSLY NONE!!

Incredible Workplace

I have been in the insurance industry for over 20 years. It was a big leap coming to Surex but it was the best decision I have ever made.The staff and management are all one big team working together to make sure every individual is successful. I have never worked in an environment where so many people are willing to lend a hand whether it be other brokers, support staff or even upper management. We are one big happy family here at Surex.

Surex has been a blessing to work for. The job came up at the right time for me and my family. I have found management to be excellent for listening to struggles and willing to help ease any tensions that may arise. Management is constantly working to create a wonderful work environment for it's employees. Constantly trying to improve what is offered to is employees. With Covid, it has been wonderful to be able to take my computer home and continue working full-time.

Wasn't My Cup Of Tea

Pay was satisfactory but there were a ton of issues with communication. I did not feel I was supported in my role as a CSR. It was an online position which was nice because I could work from home. All equipment need to operate was supplied by the employer which was fantastic. The communication between management and employees was awful. I believe majority of the employees were relatives or friends of the owner which made it difficult to advise when things were not being handled properly.

The Management is great, staff is really helpful, understanding when you need time off. Great training. It was a wonderful place and company to work for.

Great People and positive atmosphere

great people to work with great environment positive atmosphere family oriented nice clean office have been taught a lot close to home this company is based on high morals

Pros

location

Cons

no medical and dental benefits

Inexperienced management that acts like a bully

It was not fun going to work everyday and getting yelled at and having the manager pound her fist on the desk at limes yelling to our department "You're all fired" when she would get mad after we would do what she'd told us to do. Insanity. Do not work for these guys if you can help it...

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No health benefits at all

A brokerage built for a broker

I've been with Surex since their Ontario expansion. Every moment has confirmed I've made the right choice. The energy and the culture resonates with me extremely well. As a busy single mom of 2 kids, the ability to work remotely while building my business has fulfilled my career goals. The convenience of a comfortable setting, while still maintaining professional structure and receiving a great deal of support. Best decision!

Pros

Great remote live support from colleagues and management

A brokerage built for a broker

Pros

Great remote live support from colleagues and management

Amazing Opportunity!

Earn what you deserve by how much you are willing to work? At Surex this is the real deal! No salary cap, grow your book of business and get paid to do it! Be your own boss, while still being surrounded by incredible work family who are always to help, no matter what time of day or night it is! Thank you Surex Direct for making this dream a reality!

Pros

Make my schedule, truly "umlimited" earnings

Great company to work for!

This is a great company to be apart of. I have worked with Surex for 8 years now and enjoy being around great people. If you like a challenge and enjoy change then this is the right place for you.

Awesome place to work

Working at surex is great, the management makes the place really worth working for. I've worked at a lot of insurance places, but this one is by far the best. You're not treated like a robot, management respects you and they give you autonomy on how to govern your time. couldn't have asked for anything more.

Working at Surex

Surex is by far the best place I have ever worked. My boss and co-workers make work enjoyable. We are like a large family here in Burlington. There is so much room for advancement. We are a growing company and I look forward to all the wonderful things to come.

Pros

Wonderful Co-Workers

Cons

None for me

Surex is a great place to work!

I had never heard of Surex before, but saw a posting and loved the role so I applied. One of the owners contacted me right away and we hit it off. I had my interview and really loved the vision of where the company was going. I accepted the role the same day it was offered and to this day still love my role at Surex! Great team, location, and company morale! Lots of room to grow, learn, lead and have lots of success!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5