SureWerx Employee Reviews

Employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 September 2018
Yes, surewerx has great people. BBQs, parties, birthdays, ect. Yes, they are highly safety oriented and out due dilligence into awarding safety to its highest regard. And yes, there are a considerable amount of bad reviews and some good ones. Look at the good ratings and consider people's ups and downs on each of them. (Likes or dislikes).

The company was more friendly, family-oriented before it went corporate. Dollars were not strainously squeezed out of each department. Too much competition is not how you build a company within. I was bullied at times because of the scars ness of each employee trying to perform in their best way possible. (Within my department and outside of it-- human resources did nothing to help). Put bluntly, it's either for the shares of the company or the workers whom work there. Surewerx leans more to growth and profit margins than its care for people.
Pros
Bbq, Raffels, party's
Cons
Management, corporate structure
Great company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2018
When I typed Surewerx into google and saw it was rated 2.3/5 I figured I had to say something. I've been with the company for the last 8 years (since I was 21) and like any business it's doing it's best to grow! Some of the negative reviews must have been from people who couldn't adapt to change or lacked the drive and ambition for advancement. There are always opportunities for growth within the company. They always post new position internally, as it's far easier to train someone who already knows the business and product even from a warehouse point of view. The company is extremely flexible in understanding people have lives beyond work and are willing to try to work with you through life struggles.
-Lots of over time opportunities (completely optional)
-Good attitude and drive = personal growth
-Random prizes throught the year (hockey tickets/concerts)
-Flexible (but be realistic it's still a business)
-Fantastic staff

Overall Surewerx is a great place to work and make a career out of.
I would recommend anyone to apply here. (As long as you don't cry about a regular 8 hour day being "long hours") lol
Pros
BBQs, O.T., easy to request days off last minute.
Cons
No winter BBQ's :P
Great Place to work - not sure why all the negative comments
Head Office Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 July 2018
I was on Indeed checking the postings our company currently has on the site and was kinda surprised at a couple of the ratings that had particularly negative comments. The negative opinions are obviously coming from people that may have either quit or were let go and unhappy with the way things ended. The reality with any job, in any company, is that some people won’t continue on; maybe they don’t like their supervisor/manager or maybe they weren’t the right fit for the position – who knows but in the current work world, nothing is guaranteed or permanent. The bar is set high at SureWerx regarding work practices, ethics, expectations of the specific position and most importantly customer service. I have worked for SureWerx for 11 years and have found it to be a good company to work for; no company is perfect, but I don’t really have any significant complaints. The atmosphere in the office is good, everyone gets along well and we have some great staff functions like monthly BBQs in the summer. At 11 years I still look at myself as a newer employee considering there are at least 20 or more people working here that are 20-30+ year employees - when I was hired the longevity of so many staff spoke volumes to me about how this company treats its staff; people don’t stay that long if it is a terrible company to work for. Since I joined, there have been a lot of changes in the company - sometimes people get used to and stuck in the old way of doing things and don’t want to roll with the changes, but in an ever-changing world, you really must. I disagree with the nay-sayers -  more... this is a company that employs 200+ people between its Canadian and US locations and only a few have expressed the negativity that came from a different reason each time. I only hope that doesn’t bias a potential candidate from applying to work here. I enjoy coming to work here - I like the people I work with and I like what I do.  less
Pros
Summer BBQs, Social Club, People
Cons
No major issues
Warehouse worker
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam25 July 2018
Over worked. Benefits are average.

commaradory is good. Fun people. If you can kiss up to supervisors and keep ur head down you'll do okay.
Not sure why so many people come and go through Surewerx now? --- management should ask themselves that, or hr should actually do their jobs
Pros
Food
Cons
Great company. Motivated people do well.
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 July 2018
The company has a strong culture of work safety and high accountability. It encourages all employees to commit to these values. If you are genuinely hard working and self-motivated you will do fine working here. Ignore the negative reviews from bitter former employees because they are not a true reflection of reality. The company is very successful and has been one of Canada’s best managed for 3 years on a row; for reasons that the naysayers will never understand.
Pros
Great people. Good benefits and pay. Supportive colleagues. 3 weeks vacation.
Supply chain
Supply Chain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 July 2018
Terrible department to work in. When I first started I the joke was: my seat was called "the jump seat", because, so many jr buyers and supply chain assistants had been fired or quit.
5 people within 2 years-- that is a lot for even an entry position.

I never was approached by human resources or asked to provide an exit interview. Sucks. I saw a lot of potential in a company that I could have grown with for many years.

The rest of the Jet Equipment company was pleasent, easy to work with, safety oriented, and professional-- the people were great.
Cons
Department manager, senior employee within department
No security for the job, at least for this position
Freight Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 June 2018
Company has bunch of nice and welcome people and give you warm welcome when you first come in.

Within the supply chain department, not so much fun, senior employee has the power to say if you are good or not, even you did good job and feel make good progression, the manager will not listen to your opinions.

Training is provided, as it is so busy, always can not complete the training on the smooth way.

Department manager has let go or fired so many people on this position, so be careful if you want to apply this position.
Cons
Manager is the key for the department, but not so well treat the new employee.
Coquitlam
Head Office (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam13 June 2018
Used to be a great place before, when it was run independent by the diamond family.
-Micromanaged.
-Totally corporate attitude-- no job culture; most of the company is framed with positions held by senior employees: so, unless you want to wait for them to retire, no opportunity.
-Unless, you're a manager, you're not going to be getting much more other than above minimum wage, because of the extreme wage gaps held by corporate structure.
-Benefits are alright.
Pros
Lunches, holiday function was great; christmas
Cons
Lack of company culture, too corporate, management.
Sales focused company that works hard to create a great corporate culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2018
3 years in a row - one of Canada's best managed companies

Safety minded corporate culture

Fabulous management team

Always training, good communication from the very top down

Always looking to improve their people, customer experience, and finding a better way in all things

Clear expectation of each role, measurable kpi, additional training as needed to ensure everyone has the best opportunity of being successful here

Growing product line

Responsive team

3 weeks of holiday from the start
Pros
Great training and support, management and a growing product line
Cons
I don't have any complaints
Great co-worker and management
Bilingual Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2016
My typical day at work is to always have fun while I am doing my work and will enjoy every second of the day by helping my customer and willing to hear what they want from me to do my best to help them. Open to learn and challenge myself with something that I don't know.
Was a great place to work
Territory Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC9 November 2016
This started out as a great job. Sadly it went corporate and all the fun left. Workers with decades of experience left or were let go. They are trying to be a great company but they are now focused on this quarter rather than the long term view.
The work was great, travel was paid for, commissions were good.
Pros
Good money, interesting job
Cons
employee turnover becoming an issue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SureWerx. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8