Sureway Construction Group Ltd. Employee Reviews

Good place if you are willing to work
Field Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Edmonton and area11 April 2018
I had great experience. Been with sureway off and on 12 years. Great pay. Good benefits. Seen many great foreman and the odd bad one. If you do your job to the best of your abilities and show up accordingly you get treated like gold. If you don’t then you end up writing a bad review. Great place for anybody willing to work. Have recommended them to many as well as my brother who been with them 10 years now.
Pros
Time off when requested and great pay
Cons
Very well managed company. Strong leadership. Good learning experience.
Construction Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
Was working there for three years. Made so much friend and learn so much from Supervisor of Sureway. Definitely recommend for young people who just looking for a career.
Pros
High pay
Cons
long hours.
Awesome crew, management H&S
Rock Truck, tractor disc, packer operator (Former Employee) –  Parson creek interchange Fort Mc Murray21 July 2017
Had a pretty good crew , had the odd one but most were willing to help and make a strong crew, give pointers answer questions. Forman were awesome it was my fist job ever in construction. Trained me on tractor disc, double barrel, every packet they had and rock truck traffic control Loved going to work went in smiling left smiling.
Had pretty good benefits and season end bonus. If you were willing to work had a good attitude they'd train you on anything they thought you were capable. Put us up in nice condos. All and all can't say a bad thing about it.
Pros
Bonus, treated everyone with respect.
Cons
Didnt start esrluer with them :)
Horrible environment.
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Villeneuve, AB16 March 2017
Drug and safety screening and certificates required. What a joke! Competitive pay and salary? Sureway is without a doubt one of the worsts places I've seen.

Room for growth, and personal development. Complete utters lies! No, not at all a great place to work. Can't for the life of me even comprehend how this industry survives with companies run like this.

So much they don't mention class action law suits for negligence, death and dismemberment. Stay away from this place,
Pros
can't really answer that one
Cons
all of it.
Great place to work.
Mobile Crane Operator - Oil Field work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2017
I loved to work at Sureway Construction. I got to try new things, they had competitive wages, great management and good benefits. I got to work with many crews with this company and every one was great.
Pros
Great management, wages and benefits.
good job
Operator / grads girl (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2017
their good to their employees , very understanding and helpful . good with teaching . my foremen was always their for me when i needed him
Dangerous place to work.
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Bruderheim, AB14 December 2016
Bruderheim is a very poorly run place. Manager and supervisors lack experience and common sense. Safety is second to making money!
Pros
Cons
Manager and supervisors
Run far away
Dozer and rock truck (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
The pay is bad unless you don't have any experience in this line of work or its your first job. Once you start on one piece of equipment don't expect to ever move up. If the equipment that you are on breaks a lot out of your control cause all their equipment is old prepare to get fired they just do that. Also if you work for a Forman named Everett stay away, he doesn't appreciate his employees. He has a really bad attitude and will yell at you all the time for no reason. Expect to work past getting paid or suffer his "wrath". Company is ok formans not so much
Pros
Cons
All of them
Unorganized inexperienced. No safety culture
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bruderhiem5 September 2016
Bruderhiem Plant is terribly unorganized. Ran by inexperienced Supervision. Not a good place to gain maintenance experience. Typical day as an electrician involved driving around unable to complete daily task due to lack of materials. Third party electrical contractors run the show and do not want to give any information due to their job security(old boys club). Very unsafe, no safety culture. Untrained heavy duty equipment operators driving around. No proper trainning on Loto procedures. I watched a crane drive into power lines with no consequences and swept under the table. Expected to work outside on tall structures during lightning storms. Promised long time employment with lots of work but laid off due hard economic times. Actual workers are extremely nice and work there for lack of other unemployment opportunities.
Pros
Very friendly workers
Cons
No safety culture, inexperienced management. Third party contractors run the show.
Enjoyable work with Good pay
Rock truck driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2016
Driving a rock truck was a great experience where we drove a circuit for 11 hours a day where we moved dirt from one side of the gravel pit to another to clear an area for the next gravel dig. The site was well managed and our coworkers were dependable. the hardest part of the job was the long hours and working 6 days a week.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, long Weeks
great
Heavy Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 November 2015
great place to learn how to run equipment and gain experience the saftey and office crew is great the foreman and managers out in the feild are terribly un experienced sorry