Sureway Construction Group Ltd.

Sureway Construction Group Ltd. Employee Reviews

I have been on and off with sureway for 6 years. Always a good group of people to work with. Typical summer construction type company. Lots of work in the summer months expect layoff in late fall.
IT team is small. Mostly work as an independent contributor. You can learn new technologies and can bring new ideas & solutions which will be supported by Management. Monthly BBQ. Gym facility is available. NO Work Pressure. Good Work-Life balance.
I found the superintendents easy to talk to , foremen were good , answered any questions you asked. They trusted you to do your job and treated you like a person . If you needed time off they were generally considerate if they could spare you , I really enjoyed working with them
Pros
Steady work, lots of hours, decent pay
I have recently worked on the west Calgary ring road for them and they we’re paying me 5$ lower then any other place and Calgary. The superintendent doesn’t even acknowledge you as anything.
Pros
Cons
All of it
A lot of great people work here, it was a good job, they paid you well, it was a stress free environment. i was always busy, and always had something to do.
I look at the jobs now posted on this site They are looking for people but don’t call the people that they layed off!!!!!!! Back to work. Wow!!! No wonder they don’t have any dedicated people anymore. Worked up at the sil sand plant for a bit That place is a gong show sil industrial slowed down after they lost work last summer and haven’t had work since then. And the turn over if staff well sil has a revolving door they go through people like water out of a tap
Over all I enjoyed working for Sureway Construction Group. The staff were great to work with. Management treated me fair. I was very happy with the pay and benefits.
Very relax setting. Wasn’t pushed too hard. Was trained in every safety requirement to work at an oil refinery. Their was overtime if wanted. Great Forman’s, always talked safety before everyone of our shifts. Hope I get a chance to work for sureway in the future.
Sureway Construction is a good place to work, ether you are a general laborer or mechanic, the leadership treats all of its employees with respect. Work starts at 6:30am until 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Pros
free lunch on the last thursday of the month
Loved my job and the people I worked with. We were always busy and the work sites were interesting and fun. The guys were awesome. Being the only female on site was way better than I ever expected
Do what needs to be done and expected of you and your golden. I MOVE DIRT! 🤷‍♂️ Great group of folks Great company to gain experience fast and always the opportunity to try out other iron for some seat time
Great company to work for. I would work for them again. And thank them for the opportunity they opened up for me and my friends. Any chance to join take it
A typical work starting day consists of a job site safety meeting, daily task brief. The overall day is fast paced, labour intensive. Sometimes hash working environment due to weather.
If you want to work with judgemental and clicky bruderheim employees this will be a good place. Assuming no, then don't work here. Pay is low. Work is high. And they'll push to get the work done and lay-off asap! Couldn't put any lower than 1.
Working in town note enough hrs work / week . I was transferred to the coal mine in July to December , very nice experience operating Cat D10, M 16 Grader and more equipment .
The management and staff are very good to work with, easy to talk with about any topic. They build a good dynamic of trades that can handle any project.
Good salary, long days are welcome if required, and a great team of people who all work across various disciplines to form a self sufficient company that is sustainable within itself.
Management is old school in the pits. Toxic workplace. Ya worked there for two years near calahoo. They went through over 110 rock truck operators. Just horrible workplace. Watched a lot happen from serious harassment of employees, improper equipment use, ppl crying. Foreman telling ppl who he's gonna axe next and laughing about it. Very low wages too hard to justify. Not year round work as promised.
In the two years I worked for Sureway, in the gravel pits, there were far too many days of due to bad weather and the hourly rate was lower than their competitors for the same line of work. the consecutive work days stretched from 6 to 12 with 11 hour days as a full work day.
Great company to work for. However, work ran out due to economy in Alberta. Foreman were great to work for, safety was great, great hours, site was nice
I enjoyed my time at Sureway, was treated great as a worker and as an indavidual. Well maintained equipment so nice to operate. Comfortable work environment,and fast paced work made time go bye quick most days.