Sureway Construction Group Ltd.

Sureway Construction Group Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada105 reviews
Productive Shop
Sureway Construction is a good place to work, ether you are a general laborer or mechanic, the leadership treats all of its employees with respect. Work starts at 6:30am until 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Pros
free lunch on the last thursday of the month
I had no issues,problems or concerns
Over all I enjoyed working for Sureway Construction Group. The staff were great to work with. Management treated me fair. I was very happy with the pay and benefits.
Great environment
Very relax setting. Wasn’t pushed too hard. Was trained in every safety requirement to work at an oil refinery. Their was overtime if wanted. Great Forman’s, always talked safety before everyone of our shifts. Hope I get a chance to work for sureway in the future.
Good
Loved my job and the people I worked with. We were always busy and the work sites were interesting and fun. The guys were awesome. Being the only female on site was way better than I ever expected
Typical day
Do what needs to be done and expected of you and your golden.
I MOVE DIRT! 🤷‍♂️

Great group of folks

Great company to gain experience fast and always the opportunity to try out other iron for some seat time
Great
Great company to work for. I would work for them again. And thank them for the opportunity they opened up for me and my friends. Any chance to join take it
Fast paced, Labour intensive
A typical work starting day consists of a job site safety meeting, daily task brief. The overall day is fast paced, labour intensive. Sometimes hash working environment due to weather.
Axe you and keep the locals once work is done
If you want to work with judgemental and clicky bruderheim employees this will be a good place. Assuming no, then don't work here. Pay is low. Work is high. And they'll push to get the work done and lay-off asap! Couldn't put any lower than 1.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sureway Construction Group Ltd.?
Productive fun working place
Working in town note enough hrs work / week . I was transferred to the coal mine in July to December , very nice experience operating Cat D10, M 16 Grader and more equipment .
Good company to sub contract too.
The management and staff are very good to work with, easy to talk with about any topic. They build a good dynamic of trades that can handle any project.
A great company to work for offering facets across a multitude of disciplines across various trades from under one umbrella
Good salary, long days are welcome if required, and a great team of people who all work across various disciplines to form a self sufficient company that is sustainable within itself.
Toxic workplace
Management is old school in the pits. Toxic workplace. Ya worked there for two years near calahoo. They went through over 110 rock truck operators. Just horrible workplace. Watched a lot happen from serious harassment of employees, improper equipment use, ppl crying. Foreman telling ppl who he's gonna axe next and laughing about it. Very low wages too hard to justify. Not year round work as promised.
Inconsistant work and unfair pay
In the two years I worked for Sureway, in the gravel pits, there were far too many days of due to bad weather and the hourly rate was lower than their competitors for the same line of work. the consecutive work days stretched from 6 to 12 with 11 hour days as a full work day.
Great company to work for
Great company to work for. However, work ran out due to economy in Alberta. Foreman were great to work for, safety was great, great hours, site was nice
Good work enviroment, good managment, and good workers
I enjoyed my time at Sureway, was treated great as a worker and as an indavidual. Well maintained equipment so nice to operate. Comfortable work environment,and fast paced work made time go bye quick most days.
Overworked
Overworked. Not paid for all time worked. Management difficult. Unhappy work culture. Work not appreciated. Never felt valued. Eight hours plus work each day.
Great, Fast paced work enviorment
Worked with a great group of guys.
Management is stellar

Fast paced work enviroment

Great pay

They try their best to keep you busy during winter months
Horrible place to work
disorganized foreman who have no idea what they are doing (ie Everitt in the gravel pits) promised days off then told we are working. If you want to work your life away and have no family time this is the place for you if you ever get injured at work prepared to be let go
Never go back
Yelling screaming managers so far up the president a22 that you can bet he will only look after himself if you feel like loosing your family life here is the company for you as soon as the company gets slow you can bet there is no loyalty so pick up your tools and head out
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managed very poorly
Good company
The company has its favorites,but overall very busy company very diverse.
Lots of experience good co-worker's and pretty decent management except for the trucking department. They have an excellent shop and great mechanic's.
Organized, fast passed, straight forward "Git'r Done" environment!
If you like construction and running Heavy Duty Equipment Sureway is the place for you. They are always "home" and a great company to fall back on when you need a summer job. They're very busy in the summer months so you're getting big cash! and everyone is a team player so you feel good going to work!
Pros
Pizza at the end of the month, no shortage of work.
Cons
Long hours/days.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sureway Construction Group Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8