Supreme Steel
View all Supreme Steel reviews

Supreme Steel

Supreme Steel Employee Review

Really Enjoyed It

I worked in the maintenance department in Winnipeg. Met a lot of really nice people during my brief time here. It has a family atmosphere and safety and the well being of others is encouraged. I really liked the job and my co-workers but had to move on for a better paying opportunity. Supreme has benefits and a defined contribution pension. The only drawback for me was the pay was too low for a certified journeyman to continue working here. I miss many aspects of this job and wonder if I made the right choice in moving on.

Pros

Management/Coworkers/Family Atmosphere

Cons

Pay was okay but could be higher for tradesman.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same location

productive and fun to work

it is nice to work in supreme. they take care of their employees. i have a learned a lot at my work. Like how to operate the machines (wheelabrator machine).
Same location

Safe And Great place to work at

Had a great time everyone was friendly including managers, Was always given safe work to complete. Never had any issues.

Pros

Have Good break time, Friendly staff, Accepting management team

Cons

Night shift crew was pretty good

My over-all experience from working at supreme steel was very mixed. The people I've worked with( Other welders/ fitters) were absolutely great .The night shift superintendent was fair and justifiable the line supervisors were not unfortunately. I felt the way they were trained wasn't sufficient and it seems like it's bringing down the morale of the crew, always reminding you that you could be replaced and don't really bring out the best in their crews or individuals like myself they need alot of work and growth. Day shift has alot of influence with assistance to the poor morale. Always on the night shift crews case. Crying and complaining about everything having unsafe work ethic and the use of modified tools would be found from their shift. if dayshift management doesn't like ya they will make sure you get fired.( in my defense, I think it was a safey card I wrote that pointed something out that was very unsafe that got the day shift line supervisor introuble after that it seems like he was on my case. Telling the night line supervisor to get rid of me.) they enjoy firing people especially in times like these. gross in my opinion. Even the hr's attitude to us employess seemed like we annoyed them. that reflects on office management attitude towards floor guys. Sorry to say but I will not recommend working here too much drama wow

Pros

Welders weld

Cons

Too much politic drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supreme Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement