Supreme Steel
View all Supreme Steel reviews

Supreme Steel

Supreme Steel Employee Review

Nice small company with good pay and benefits

Work was good, challenging, inventory system not very modern at the time. Company needed lots of modernization. Everything else was pretty good.

Pros

good pay

Cons

older ppl set in their ways - no welcoming changes

4.0Job security/advancement

Useless management

Was working as a yard equipment operator on night shift and had zero feedback or constructive criticism after being there only a month. You are treated as nothing but a heartbeat there. Extremely high employee turnover. Don’t attempt to be proactive in this job, management absolutely doesn’t like employees that think.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management and an extreme lack of communication, you are just a body there and always replaceable at anytime
Same location

Productive and fast paced with great lunchroom

Morning until late afternoon, 40 hour work week; 4- 9 hour days and 1- 4 hours. Makes room for important non-work related business like doctors appointments to fit in without using vacation time. Supreme Steel is where I learned to paint so all I know about painting came from there. Running a business isn't an easy thing to do and managing one is challenging. Sometimes I wouldn't understand some decisions management would make but I would understand my part in the decision and do my duty. Its a union based company and is mandatory after 3 month probation period. Union meetings are held once a month. The hardest part of the job was loading trails of product to be shipped out. Its important to build a sturdy trailer because having steel falling off the trail while traveling at 90km/h is not a good thing. Making everything secure is very important. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would have to be applying the paint using the numeric pumps. Its take some adjusting and having the required parts but when everything is ready, its quite fun doing it and after to see that you have done a good job is a reward in itself. Now, painting isn't what Supreme Steel specializes in. They excel in building fabrication. It would be easier to apply for a welding position as there would be more demand.

Fabrication shop

The company office in Saskatoon is about 5 mins out of town off a gravel road. The front office and fabrication shop is all in 1 building. The employees in the front office have to use a punch clock to record the hours worked each day. There is only a 30 minute lunch break and no coffee breaks. The working schedule isn't very flexible. I worked in the front office for 1 year. It was a great experience to be able to create drawings and then see the process of creating the parts in the shop. The staff is really friendly and are willing to teach and help out when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supreme Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Supreme Steel with

• Supreme Steel
  • Nice small company with good pay and benefits