Supreme Basics

Supreme Basics Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Friendly environment. good work life balance, has your own room for contribution and decision making.

Administration are always looking to improve and adapt.
Still love coming to work every day after being here for more than 5 years! My co-workers are supportive and overall good people! Monday to Friday work week is also a great perk.
Supreme is a great place to work!! My Co-workers are amazing! It is a fast pace environment with positive changes taking place to meet the needs of the customers and employees.
$17 per hour to lug heavy/awkward office furniture. Furniture shipper/receiver is an absolute miserable *bleep*. Warehouse manager is also miserable, and two faced. So is the head salesman. Pack mentality, if you aren't 110% what they want you to be, be expected to be skidded just days ahead of your probation limit.

Unless you already know how to assemble all types of office furniture, and you're ok with kissing MAJOR keister to keep the shipper/receiver, warehouse manager & head salesman to keep them from throwing you under the bus, avoid avoid avoid.
Management is very supportive and understanding. Managers are all kind and easy to talk to. The company is constantly evolving. Great facility at the lunchroom.
Pros
Managers are kind and supportive
Cons
Rank and file culture is full of gossiping and backstabbing.
Worked there for two weeks at a time for three summers from 2012 to 2014. It was a good job and the experience I got from it was good as well, mostly packaging and labour work but overall a good place to work.
Good place to work. good team to work. Great work culture. I enjoy seeing all the different kinds of items and try my best to deliver the best service so that they reach customers
Supreme is a very successful Company mainly do to the great employees and customers that we have. Employees care about Supremes success and work very hard to serve our customers in the best way possible. We have many departments that help enable our success! Our Customers always come first, and working together as a team ensures us to better serve them.
Pros
Great People, Great Company
Lot's of great opportunities, management staff is supportive and Monday to Friday/weekends off is great. People are friendly and it's a safe, comfortable place to work. Managers give regular feedback and are invested in your success.
I like to get the day started early with a positive attitude. Working with my peers and Manager makes me successful. I also enjoy speaking with Supreme's Customers and supplying them with the best service ever. I feel some of my customers are my friends. There is a pleasant atmosphere with a lot of team work. My manager supports me and helps when needed.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No Incentive Program
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Supreme Basics?
Management favours other department except the shipping Department they treat the shipping Department like dogs and they treat the Packers like their God give to Earth. When other department don't want to do the work they're turn it over to the shipping Department. When other department have a complaint the management they get up and solve the issue right away. And there's only five people in the shipping Department versus 20 to 50 people in other department and the five people get in trouble
great people to work with as well great experience, fast paced work as well as lifting lots of boxes. had no issues with co workers, lots of fun. would recommend
My employment unfortunately ended when I began to experience health issues which led to my termination. I was a loyal employee with a strong attendance record and had even earned a promotion internally.
I enjoyed working at Supreme Basics for one year. I quit only because I moved out of the country and married an American. My manager was a wonderful, hard working person.
lots of temp workers and constant turnover.. no job security at all. only about 4 people over one year. system of filling orders could be a lot better
Pros
nothing too heavy to move
Cons
no fans/ventilation in warehouse
The management is very reliable and great to work with. They are very understanding and supportive. Supreme basics is a great environment with great employees.
Needed to work, with going to College at the same time, Management and Warehouse staff very helpful. Learnt about Office Supplies and Inventory Organizing and Data entry
Pros
Friendly Management/ Staff
Cons
Too long Hours driving
I was hired on under the pretence of full time.
The people i worked with were great but the expectations were impossibly high and everyone knew it. A week from my probation being up they fired between 8 to 15 of us some were temps from a temp agency some were not. We were all let go under the pretence of "We couldent meet the expectations" they let us go the day before a long weekend. From what i heard at the time they have been doing this to people for the last 5 years. So be warned if you see a posting around summer time. Its temp no matter what they say.
Pros
Kind co workers. Very accepting
Cons
Pushed to do over time. Tend to lie about the term of the position.
-A typical day includes unloading and loading trucks.
- I learned how to properly organize a warehouse.

-Management is very helpful

-Workplace is very accepting.

-The hardest part was the heavy lifting.

- the most enjoyable was the success of unloading all the boxes
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
heavy boxes
I worked here for 8 years! Great people to work for and with! Competetive salary and great benefits to go with it! Can be slow at times but a massive warehouse too keep u busy at all times!
Benefits
Cons
treated as just a number, worked there nine years and let go with out thought with a working term lay off, has decent benefits and decent wages in some areas, new owners changing things all the time no job security