Supplement King Employee Review

View all Supplement King reviews

Productive and fun working evironment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB26 April 2017
A typical days work would be quite easy with the occasional "rush hour". I learned a lot about different supplements and how they help/what they can do.

Other Supplement King Employee Reviews

It Started Out Well Enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 January 2019
This was far from the worst place I worked, but it just got worse as time went on.

This might be a bit of a strange review, as when I worked there it was a Supplement King store, but as they decided to rebrand, it's actually a review for Supplement Superstore, assuming they're still open.

The main issue, especially after the rebranding was the degree of micro-management that happened at the upper management level. Rather than focusing on the important things like making sure each of the locations got the supplies and training that we needed, they were constantly dealing with other, less important issues and never found the time to really correct anything, with middle-management seeming more interested in talking condescendingly to staff rather than actually doing anything.

Sadly, the manager I had there was the best boss I ever had with a real passion for the business, but this place just drained the life out of him. I think he was supposed to have some ownership with this location, but after about 10 months he just up and quit only giving 2 or 3 days notice. He had some great ideas, a few of which were implemented, the rest were ignored or fell on deaf ears. I'm not sure if upper management didn't act on them because they were too busy micro-managing everything, or they simply didn't have the money to do them. I say that because one Family Day overnight they closed up four of their five locations and we were suddenly all out of work. Admittedly, it's not as if I relied on this place for my well-being because it was just a part-time job, but I think this place had a
  more... lot of potential that was completely thrown away by the upper management.  less
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Lack of direction and support from upper management/owners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplement King. Our community is ready to answer.

Supplement King Reviews by Job Title