Superior Propane
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Superior Propane Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Outdoor work year round, laid back

If you enjoy working by yourself and outdoors then this job is for you. I’ve been with the company into my sixth year now and I have had the opportunity to acquire a few licences and certificates such as my crane licence through and paid for by the company to enable me to apply for other positions within the company.

Pros

Employee pricing on propane, work clothing allowance, boot allowance, benefits and pension.

Cons

Sometimes throughout the year ( blackflie/mosquito season) working outdoors isn’t the best, but the rest of the year being outside makes up for it.

Relaxing and fun work environment

Since I am working from home but your colleagues are so helpful. They help in any way so you feel comfortable when you start working. Employees have very nice behavior.

Pros

Good salary and fun loving staff

Cons

no cons

Superior is a good place to work overall, the pay is fair and benefits are good. The management is supportive and I have enjoy the flexibility of working from home during this pandemic.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No a lot of overtime available

Bonne environnement de travai

J’ai très aimé mon expérience de travail chez superior propane,très bon environnement axé sur la prudence au travail avec meeting de sécurité journalier et belle horaire de travail et très bonne communication entre la direction et employé et bonne opportunité d’apprentissage nous permettant d’occuper des postes supérieur a l’intérieur de l’entreprise

Pros

Très bon bonus annuel

Cons

Aucun

Great place to work!

Great hours and salary, benefits and vacation. Safety is top notch, ability to work with excellent people in all company levels, can make proactive decisions on a lot of jobs, being accountable for decisions is always positive, teamwork and training is also great and there is always someone to reach out to if support is needed. Customer satisfaction is very important to all involved.

Pros

Safety and work environment

Good work atmosphere, lively and upbeat, fun bunch of workmates

Good place to work, decent wages and good benefits, management approachable and attentive, equipment well maintained and safe. A little stressful in winter due to freezeup of equipment and sometimes dicey driving conditions.

Pros

Quite clean work compared to other oil patch related jobs

Cons

Stressful in winter

Great company

Superior Propane is focused on safety, employee engagement and customer experience - driving to achieve zero harm work environment for all employees. Training is top notch - and extensive - no tolerance for unsafe work practices. Good benefits - work life balance - teamwork is the key to success. Highly recommend joining the Superior Family

Pros

Safety Focused

Productive and fun workplace

I have been working for Superior Propane going on 14 years. It is a fast paced work environment balanced with a relaxed feeling.The benefits/pension are amazing.The staff are friendly, always stepping up to help each other if needed.The management are great as well.I plan on retiring with this amazing company.

Pros

Benefits, Pension, Friendly staff, Wages

Excellente compagnie, la meilleure dans le propane

Compagnie avec une vision de développement sur le long terme qui prends soin de ses salariés et de ses clients, et dont la sécurité pour ses employés, ses clients et le public reste toujours la priorité numéro 1 !

Pros

Avantages sociaux, équilibre travail / vie de famille

Great company and atmosphere.

Just started at Superior Propane, and from management to coworkers this place is the place to be. The management at the Bolton office are some if not the best management team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The work itself can be hard and lots of heavy lifting, but this company will never ask you to do anything that is unsafe or get you hurt. They also compensate you very well and have a great benefits package and great pension plan. Do not come here if you are not willing to work as we are a team here and slackers will not be tolerated.

Pros

Management/coworkers/pay/benefits and pension

Cons

Can be long days and heavy lifting.

Fast paced, high volume call center environment

Superior Propane is a great Canadian company who works around the clock to provide the best service possible to their customers. Are they perfect? No, but what company is? They are however very interested and open to knew ideas, improving processes and dedicated to providing the best training, couching and opportunities to their employees. There are a lot of processes and regulations that need to be followed for the safety of their customers. If you are looking to be just an order taker or hang out and talk to customer then this is not the job for you. It's busy, fast paced and you need to be organized. I think Training and leadership provide everyone with the tools they need to do their jobs well and support you when you are open to the coaching. Reviews are always subject to personal opinions, attitudes and whether an employee quits or was let go. In my 3.5 years with the call center I have seen very little turn over. They hire seasonal employees every winter to help with heating season and unfortunately they can not keep everyone. But those who are good and love it do return year after year.

Pros

The People, Pay, Benefits and flexible hours.

Cons

Some days are harder then others when dealing with customers.

Stressful always looking at your back... making sure you don't screw up or you can get suspended.

Keep to yourself. If you confide with other workers, they will throw you under the bus. Management sucks doesn't look out for their employees.

Pros

Good benefits above average pay.

Cons

Poorly managed especially from the top. Bad decisions made by top mgt.

Could be a great place but

Management is the problem (from the very top), very sneaky about everything, poorly run, horrible trucks (moncton), no communication at all, stupid daily safety meetings, so much paperwork / apps that dont work, under staffed. If your a driver then your a bottom feeder of a upside down triangle. The job it self is what it is but the poor environment and trucks make it tough. They give new hires more then the guys that have been here and say keep quiet because everyone is getting something different. Great benefits and decent pay for area on the positive, there is a few in management that try but it's a very poor work environment overall. Always claiming not enough in the budget, gotta chase your overrime pay. A numbers company and the drivers are #0

Pros

Benifits, pay decent

Cons

Inconsistent everything

Poor Inside Sales Representative Supervisor.

Initially worked with wonderful management team. Then new Managers who wanted sales at “ all costs” just for the numbers. Obviously I have morals and ethics and develop relationships with clients. I just don’t push sales on anyone, especially if they don’t need the product! Also, have very poor method of deciding who does shift work.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Poor management/ethics/pay structure

Work with no supervision , and leave you to know your job

Great company for benefits. Job security is great, growing company. Lots of job opportunities across Canada. Labor type of job, pulling hoses, and driving in all weather, and back roads.

Doit trouver un equilibre

Côtés positifs : Forte esprit d'équipe, Localisation géographique (aucun trafic), Club social présent, Bonnes conditions syndicales. Côtés négatifs : Surcharge de travail, Direction loin des employés, Mauvais équilibre des salaires, Responsabilités et tâches mal définies, Manque d'équilibre sur les conditions des employés non-syndiqué vs syndiqués.

Challenging

Challenging place to work, employee moral is not very good. Management changes focus frequently. Expected to work long hours during peak season, but you are paid overtime when you do. Salary and benefits are OK.

Good company to work for what I work there they were a pleasant bunch to work for it had a great time very pleasant

Fair and good company to work for work was a little hard but you keep plugging away and it became easy at Adventureland it was 20 years ago when I worked there last I don't recall all the events it was a pretty decent place to work for

Backstabing

Came in the back door and heard a laughable conversation about me from the manager to the employees who were inherited from the original company. I also mentioned I did not want more than 10 hrs a day, and while I was doing average 13 hrs I left the yard before everyone and returned after the other drivers we're already back.

Pros

Can have the hrs if you want them

Cons

Mislead about many things promissed. No raise as told after 3 months

Very disappointing place to work for as a service admin. (Former employee) – guelph 22 september 2016

This place was not enjoyable to work for. During my 5-6 years, I worked there, there was a constant uncertainty that any of us would be let go without a reason at any time ,as our manager was not professional, nor ethical, discretion was an issue there. Most of the team leads (not all) were completely and utterly useless! Favoritism is blatantly obvious as certain employees would get picked on way more often than others for the same reason. The benefits were ok, however it was not worth the stress, and that’s why I chose to leave once securing another job elsewhere. Management had no idea what was going on as company policies changed on a dime. During my time there, the turnover rate was extremely high, and this company lost many great long-term employees for the above reasons. If you're desperate for employment, then by all means apply, just don't expect any compassion or job security from the various levels of management. Pros Benefits package Cons Extremely poor management from both the upper and lower levels

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Poor Management and favoritism

Don’t bother

Absolutely the worst company I have worked for. I have been a truck driver for 20 years. This place has no understanding of the word leadership. They will make promises to get you in the door and after you are trained things will change. I am well passed my 3 month mark and still no benefits. I was promised a Tuesday to Friday shift. Instead they put me on a Wednesday to Saturday. The whole idea of me coming to work here was to have my weekends back. Managers have zero clue about the trucking industry. Everyday us experienced driver have to train the management on compliance issues. In 8 months I have had 3 dispatchers! 😂. I do not recommend Superior Propane to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list. Bad! Bad! Bad!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Propane. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement