Superior Propane logo
Superior Propane
Happiness score is 65 out of 100Average

Superior Propane Employee Reviews

Productive High Paced

Lots of opportunity to learn and a heavy focus on internal development to those demonstrating interest, it is a very productive environment. Lots of work in continuous improvement and bringing in technology to support the business and its people

Pros

Technology

Cons

Long Hours

Great company

Superior Propane is focused on safety, employee engagement and customer experience - driving to achieve zero harm work environment for all employees. Training is top notch - and extensive - no tolerance for unsafe work practices. Good benefits - work life balance - teamwork is the key to success. Highly recommend joining the Superior Family

Pros

Safety Focused

Great place for long term employment

Superior is a company where you can get your foot in the door and advance quickly if you put in the work.They reward hard work and dedication and if you show initiative and have drive, you will be a candidate for advancement. They promote within and the business is growing.It's a fast pace environment and always changing so it is never dull. Superior is an organization that listens to the customer so if you have strong customer service skills, this is the right place for you.I would recommend Superior to Managers that empower employees and work well in collaboration.

Pros

RRSP and Pention Match Plans

Great Place to work

Working for Superior Propane just over 3 years now. I find management very supportive and they allow me to do my job. I plan to stay with this company and retire here one day. Work culture is strong, you are expected to do an honest days work and be compensated well for same.

A Rewarding Challenge

As a long term employee, I can easily say that I have always been challenged and appropriately rewarded for the work I do. I have been encouraged to grow in my career and receive continued support to achieve my best.Management are hardworking and supportive but also know how to bring some levity into the day to day making them a pleasure to work with.Proud to be a part of the team.

Excellente compagnie, la meilleure dans le propane

Compagnie avec une vision de développement sur le long terme qui prends soin de ses salariés et de ses clients, et dont la sécurité pour ses employés, ses clients et le public reste toujours la priorité numéro 1 !

Pros

Avantages sociaux, Ă©quilibre travail / vie de famille

Great Company to work for!

Superior Propane offers a great company culture where everyone is committed to achieving as a team. With high standards of excellence in the quality of our work and a great Leadership team I always feel like I am on a winning team.

Pros

Work from home/office hybrid model, compassionate Management

Well run company, fun place to work

Love working at Superior Propane, great co-workers and enjoy collaborating with and learning from best in class professional teams. The current leadership is fantastic, they have treated me and all other employees extremely well during pandemic and company has responded well to the economic challenges and continued to grow. Appreciate the job security working for an essential service during a pandemic. Work environment is excellent, Superior supports an employee first culture focusing on safety, teamwork and collaboration, I have all the resources and support to succeed in my role. I have experienced lots of opportunity to learn and grow in my career, demonstrating interest and initiative is rewarded with consistently engaging opportunities. Many long service employees in every region is a testament to the quality of the company.

Pros

Strong leadership, good safety culture, career development opportunity

Career Development

Superior has provided me outstanding opportunities to advance my career. The management team communicates regularly on objectives and has provided on the job and specialty training as needed. I highly recommend Superior Propane as a great place to work!

Pros

Advancement Opportunities, Collaborative team approach, Innovative and considered as the Technology leader in their Industry.

All in all not a bad work environment.

Good place to work if you don’t mind being micromanaged and trying to comply with management’s ridiculous expectations. Management will stab you in the back if they can. If left alone to do your job it is a good experience and an easy job to accomplish.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Bad management, a lot of micromanaging

Jobs at Superior Propane

See more jobs

Great company and atmosphere.

Just started at Superior Propane, and from management to coworkers this place is the place to be. The management at the Bolton office are some if not the best management team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The work itself can be hard and lots of heavy lifting, but this company will never ask you to do anything that is unsafe or get you hurt. They also compensate you very well and have a great benefits package and great pension plan. Do not come here if you are not willing to work as we are a team here and slackers will not be tolerated.

Pros

Management/coworkers/pay/benefits and pension

Cons

Can be long days and heavy lifting.

Fast paced, high volume call center environment

Superior Propane is a great Canadian company who works around the clock to provide the best service possible to their customers. Are they perfect? No, but what company is? They are however very interested and open to knew ideas, improving processes and dedicated to providing the best training, couching and opportunities to their employees. There are a lot of processes and regulations that need to be followed for the safety of their customers. If you are looking to be just an order taker or hang out and talk to customer then this is not the job for you. It's busy, fast paced and you need to be organized. I think Training and leadership provide everyone with the tools they need to do their jobs well and support you when you are open to the coaching. Reviews are always subject to personal opinions, attitudes and whether an employee quits or was let go. In my 3.5 years with the call center I have seen very little turn over. They hire seasonal employees every winter to help with heating season and unfortunately they can not keep everyone. But those who are good and love it do return year after year.

Pros

The People, Pay, Benefits and flexible hours.

Cons

Some days are harder then others when dealing with customers.

Stressful always looking at your back... making sure you don't screw up or you can get suspended.

Keep to yourself. If you confide with other workers, they will throw you under the bus. Management sucks doesn't look out for their employees.

Pros

Good benefits above average pay.

Cons

Poorly managed especially from the top. Bad decisions made by top mgt.

The Customer were great but mangement was poor and did not stand by you even when you did great sales and support

Not a company worth working for. Even though my sales and service was great and i got rave reviews. The company hierarchy did not treat me well but constantly berated me at every turn. Very poor and bad company to work for.

Pros

Cutomers and clients were great

Cons

Very poor management

Lack of coordination

No proper tools provided for outdoor work.You have to wear some else’s cloths for first couple months until your outer wear especially during COVID it’s unacceptable.I never clearly knew my duties, surprises are very common for what are you doing next day.Driver outnumbers trucks At location.And trucks are super old to drive propane in bulk and cylinders.No real coordination for schedule

Local Management problematic

Depending on who is the market manager is makes all the difference. I've never seen a company thay sells one commodity have so many meetings. The waste and lack of leadership destroyed the company. It's a shell of what it used to be.

Cons

Micromanagement

Could be a great place but

Management is the problem (from the very top), very sneaky about everything, poorly run, horrible trucks (moncton), no communication at all, stupid daily safety meetings, so much paperwork / apps that dont work, under staffed. If your a driver then your a bottom feeder of a upside down triangle. The job it self is what it is but the poor environment and trucks make it tough. They give new hires more then the guys that have been here and say keep quiet because everyone is getting something different. Great benefits and decent pay for area on the positive, there is a few in management that try but it's a very poor work environment overall. Always claiming not enough in the budget, gotta chase your overrime pay. A numbers company and the drivers are #0

Pros

Benifits, pay decent

Cons

Inconsistent everything

Intense amount of quality monitoring

This job is awful call centre job, half the calls are people complaining that delivery didn’t arrive as promised. Constantly having to chase delivery team for response. No one ever calls the customers back. Intense amount of logs to send to relevant dept. Quality of calls scoring to crazy stupid level. Ok validation of account is necessary, but so long as you’re helping customer & logging the delivery request correctly, the amount of detail they score you down on is ridiculous. Have to have constant reviews with supervisor, it’s exhausting, all for a temp seasonal job. The managers are friendly enough, or seam to be to your face & are there if you need support or have issues. Teams messaging is good support, although clearly favourites within the team, & I think if you don’t fit you are forgotten about with the friendly banter. Overall I’ll be glad when the temp position ends, I’m counting the days. Although the pay is good so will miss that, but call centre work is not for me, sitting with a headset on all day waiting for the dreaded calls.

Pros

Good hourly pay

Cons

Quality call scoring is crazy, just let us do our job

Great team to be a part of

Fantastic team to work with. Like many companies there is always change, but the refreshing thing is this company is open to look at their own practices and constantly looks for ways to do it better for their customers. Industry leading company and sets the standard for the competition. Love the team I work with and proud to be a part of something that continues to grow and get better every year.If you are looking to join a team and be a part of something special, this is the group for you.

Pros

challenging and rewarding work

Cons

always busy

Great Canadian Success

I've worked at Superior for almost 5 years and it's been great. Always something exciting to do and get involved in. It's never a dull moment! The company has a very strong customer and safety focus. We are not perfect, but we are always trying to improve every day. Superior is a great Canadian success story. #1 in Canada, #2 in North America competing very successfully in the US as well.

Pros

Superior hires great people, I love the teams I work with, Very selective with who we bring on, If you can make it you'll enjoy it!, Great people to work with, very fair managers, very positive work environment.

Cons

Very selective with who we bring on, But there are still some who don't make it after they join, The pace of change and expectations for accountability are not for everyone

Ok overall

I found my overall experience with Superior Propane was great I really enjoyed my job and all other employees that I have worked with overall I did love my job except for the last couple of years after I got injured and had multiple surgeries not much help lost my respect for the company. Specially after giving 20 year’s of my life it maid me feel like just another number.

Pros

Great training and great fellow employees

Cons

Not much help when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Propane. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement