Superior Propane

Superior Propane Employee Reviews

I found my overall experience with Superior Propane was great I really enjoyed my job and all other employees that I have worked with overall I did love my job except for the last couple of years after I got injured and had multiple surgeries not much help lost my respect for the company. Specially after giving 20 year’s of my life it maid me feel like just another number.
Pros
Great training and great fellow employees
Cons
Not much help when needed
Fantastic team to work with. Like many companies there is always change, but the refreshing thing is this company is open to look at their own practices and constantly looks for ways to do it better for their customers. Industry leading company and sets the standard for the competition. Love the team I work with and proud to be a part of something that continues to grow and get better every year.If you are looking to join a team and be a part of something special, this is the group for you.
Pros
challenging and rewarding work
Cons
always busy
I've worked at Superior for almost 5 years and it's been great. Always something exciting to do and get involved in. It's never a dull moment! The company has a very strong customer and safety focus. We are not perfect, but we are always trying to improve every day. Superior is a great Canadian success story. #1 in Canada, #2 in North America competing very successfully in the US as well.
Pros
Superior hires great people, I love the teams I work with, Very selective with who we bring on, If you can make it you'll enjoy it!, Great people to work with, very fair managers, very positive work environment.
Cons
Very selective with who we bring on, But there are still some who don't make it after they join, The pace of change and expectations for accountability are not for everyone
The office is nice but very loud, the coffee is pretty good and the coworkers were awesome. This company had a lot of things right like trying to standardize work practices but managers were more focused on stats and pressuring their employees to tweak the numbers to make them look good rather than actually take useful information from the numbers to drive improvements. No business continuity planning and I'm pretty sure the suggestion box has a little paper shredder built in. Obscene working hours are required to do the job properly but even when OT was approved they simply fired the manager that approved it and said it wasn't. Drivers are hit and miss, some really good ones that have been burned by bad dispatchers, some bad ones who get away with everything. My advise, replace 3 specific managers in that office with some gold fish and this would be a great place to work.
Pros
Going for drinks with coworkers after work. (without managers)
Cons
Too much work, constant turnover, favoritism and management.
Was a nice work place and coworkers was good to work with. They keep it clean and up to date and all ways practical safety all the tome. Had cut the grease when needed move snow Just worked hard.
Pros
Good hrs
Cons
It was far
Initially worked with wonderful management team. Then new Managers who wanted sales at “ all costs” just for the numbers. Obviously I have morals and ethics and develop relationships with clients. I just don’t push sales on anyone, especially if they don’t need the product! Also, have very poor method of deciding who does shift work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management/ethics/pay structure
The turn around of staff is exemplary of their lack of concern for their employees and customers. Their prices are too high and most of their time is spent negotiating with customers and trying to keep them.
Pros
The wages are decent.
Cons
Management is more concerned with the numbers and the bottom line than the people.
I had the worst manager ever who didn’t care about safety regulations. I was let go because I was injured on a job that should have been given to two people and possibly rotated. I was new in the company and found out later that I was the third one in three months that was injured the same way
Not so bad of a place to work at . Managers were not as kind but working with the staff was amazing . Loved conversing with customers and working at checkout was the best .
1. The training was first class 2. The people were tremendous 3. The workplace was excellent 4. The on-going coaching was extremely good 5. The job role was exciting and rewarding 6. The shifts were relatively flexible 7. The facility was very professional 8. Only one issue - there was too much favouritism, and retention was not based on performance, which is a great shame and probably not very ethical in today's business climate 9. Apart from that, I would give the company a 110% rating
An absolutely fantastic place to work I enjoy the people and the manager is an absolute great guy the other workers are very knowledgeable and helpful and will get you to where you need to be with in the company. And the fleet manager is a great help if you ever need something he is there for you you can call him at anytime as well as our manager and our safety managers just great people if you don't screw up there is no need to worry
Worst manager ever in the history of managing in Ottawa a complete moron absolutely no socialskills...sitts in his office on Facebook or playing games all day
Pros
Co workers are great for the most part, but there's always one brown noser, and is always a pooch screwer, No extra effort given, try any excuse to get out of doing the harder calls, ..the words don't match the actions you're either part of the team or part of the problem!!!
Cons
Manager knows nothing about the industry
Fast pace kept busy all the time a large area to service but never had trouble if working overtime people very friendly and helpful very progressive thinking with equipment
Good place to work staff friendly. Interesting project that was enjoyable to be part of. Enjoyed my time there getting to know a little different side of the energy business
Bad place to work management sucks they arent there for anyone but them not fair wages treated unfairly favoritism promises that are never kept they talk behind ur back and improperly trained
Overall a decent place to work. The winters are very demanding. Trucks could use replacing but not horrible. Frustrated with big company decisions that don’t focus on the workers in the field.
Welcoming call centre like environment with lots of team building activities. Management is fantastic however there is little to no job security. 10/10 would recommend.
I have to say that superior is one of the worst places I’ve worked. No support from management, dispatch is so unorganized and they want you to not think. I would stay away.
Cons
Superior is an excellent place to work with easy to get along with employees. Allowed to work independently with minimal management supervision and friendly work environment.
Superior Propane is very fast paced work place providing team collaboration. Management is very forward thinking and Supervisors manage their teams with strength.
Très bonne compagnie que je recommande sans hésitation. Je n'hésiterais pas à retourner si l'occasion ce présentais
  1. Employee reviews