Superior Glove Works Ltd

Superior Glove Works Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
good place to work
good place to work, great shifts, good people, clean, very busy,
I had a good overall experience with Superior Glove. The top company to work for in Acton
Mechanic
I found the job to be the right amount of challenging. It was nice to work in such a family oriented environment. Some situations could definitely have been handled better.
Bad. Bad. Bad.
If I could rate this company a zero. I would.
Management is very unprofessional- all around.

Large divide between office workers and warehouse workers. Office workers are treated extremely well- compared to warehouse workers.

Very poor training practices, poorly run facility. No regard for employees health and safety.
Pros
Cons
the work ethic, management, the people
Decent place.
Management needs to give their head a shake. Fund employee development but do not pay for employee salary fairly. No wonder employees take advantage and leave.
Excellent
I enjoyed my work at Superior Glove and was given every opportunity to advance to higher levels within the company. It is a highly fast paced work environment. Safety is a high priority. The management works hard to keep employeesxhappy.wiemployees to make the workplace a
Good work environment !
I worked at superior gloves for 6 months and it was a good place to work for, it was very fast paced but your co workers there don’t make it feel as bad! Would highly recommend working at superior gloves.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Great Staff
Good place to work as a student going through high school. The hours are great for a high school student and the money is good as well. Other employees are always willing to help.
Alright place.
Its an alright place to work but its very slave like. They lie alot to make you think its going to be an amazing place to work but its usually just some bs.
Great family culture with tons of opportunities
Superior Glove is a wonderful company with tons of opportunities that let you bring your strengths to the table.
The owners are very invested in the well-being of their employees and truly make everyone feel welcome. Their mission to make the world a safer place is truly inspiring!
Pros
Great culture, casual work environment, flexible hours, good benefits
Great growing company with lots of opportunity
A great family focused company. It is growing quickly which means lots of opportunity if you are looking for more. Lots of interesting perks like turkeys at Christmas, subsidy for electric car purchases, hikes with the owner, fruit days and celebrating inventors birthdays. Flex time available.
Pros
Leave early on Fridays
Cons
Lots of change like new systems and new managers
Values Family, Learning & Innovation and Actually Means It!
Superior Glove is a great, family owned and operated company that is fun to work at.

The company does a great job of balancing both a hard-working and pleasant family business culture that appreciates your good ideas and wants you to succeed. Things tend to have a more casual and to the point approach which cuts down on the amount of workplace politics and red tape. If you need to do something, you can just go get it done without waiting on multiple levels of management for approvals or whatever.

The company is in a growing stage right now so as more people and newer positions/processes are added, there is some confusion but this is normal for any company and it tests how adaptable you can be.

I think the company's commitment to innovation and evolution helps ensure that your job won't be the same old thing for the next 10 years, there's always room to learn more and grow your career.
Pros
work-life balance, feeling like part of the family, excellent opportunities to learn and grow, lots of unique perks
Cons
sometimes there's a little too much change a little too quickly
Fun, Exciting, Rewarding Place to work!
Superior Glove is a family owned business and that makes a world of difference on how they treat their employees. You feel like you are a part of a big family where everyone works together and you feel supported. It is great to be able to work close to home and not have to deal with the stress of traffic everyday. Company is very community oriented and supports many initiatives in Halton Hills.

The company is growing rapidly and every employee truly has the customers best interests in mind in regards to recommending and providing the best possible hand/arm protection for their industry. We pride ourselves in selling 'safety' and work with the customers to address their safety challenges.

Owners recognize with the growth of the Company that our organizational and functional structure needs to change to keep up with the progress, We are hiring skilled resources to help drive the transformation and pave the way to continued success.

I am very proud to work for such a great company and enjoy my work and the people I work with. We have lots of fun yet stay focused on the goals and vision of our team.
Pros
Bbq, gym room, rally room, table tennis, foosball, air hockey, massage chairs, bikes available, Lunch outings with the President
Cons
Pay rates are low, incentives/bonuses implemented, base rate still lower than similar businesses in the Safety Industry, Need to increase pay to attract and retain valuable resources. Benefits, incentives, bonuses help for sure - but base pay increases are needed.
Slave work
Worst place to ever work. Would never advise for any one to apply. Poor management, under appreciated for your time. Management has no consideration for employees safety, expected to drive in all weather conditions.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Every thing else
Strong family business moving in the right direction
Superior Glove is a great company where you will never feel like a number. Highly implicated in its communities, everyone in the organization is treated like family. Rapid growth does bring new challenges and the management team is dedicated to moving Superior Glove in the right direction. Victim of a small town approach, compensation is not on par with similar companies but the overall benefits and perks do help shrink the gap.
Pros
Real family values, Rapid growing company
Cons
Pay
Great Atmosphere, poor compensation
A typical day is fast paced, with some rotation. The workplace culture is very friendly and relaxed. The benefits and wage are okay, but leave something to be desired.
New Management
Was a great place to work. Company hired some new management and things are starting really change. They really care about the community and the enviroment.
Pros
Family
Cons
You don't get paid very well
Engaging work with decent intensives to accomplish work
Superior Glove is a repetitive job, every department is treated equal and there is monthly competitions that have incising intensives to accomplish work the quickest.
Pros
Free giftcards
Cons
Horrible office drama
Workdays
Very production orientated work environment where being a team player and a positive player is important. Quick days at work due to high pace environment, also it's a learning experience every day!
Pros
Work Experience in getting meaningful hands on experience, very supportive co-workers, management is easy to work for.
Cons
Salary
A Place to Grow Skills
Rapidly growing atmosphere. Management is a little unorganized, but working towards improvements.

Located in small town Acton, helps with getting home on time, and not sitting in traffic.
Pros
Sometimes free gloves
Cons
Management is hard to take some days
Stable job with good management
Working at Superior has been a great experience. It is a family run business. The management team is great and the company is expanding at a very fast rate.
Pros
Understanding, supportive.
Cons
Pay
Great co-workers
I would work an 8hrs on a night shift and would talk with coworkers at lunch.
I learned how to work on a two person team working as a machine operator on several different machines used to manufacture gloves.

I had great co workers and became close friends with my partner on my machine.

I never found my to be hard.

Working with my team member